Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign OG/C Andre Gurode;Release DT Okoye
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
If Angelo was here he would of signed C Williams back.
If CW was available, Emery would have too, he knows the offense, he's a multi-position backup, and they need somebody like that right now.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Wasn't he pretty good with the Cowboys? I know he's declined a lot, but he could provide a boost.

I dunno... It's week 13 and he is still on the street, and there are a lot of teams with bad OL out there. I'm going to read into that quite a bit. Don't read too much. I am assuming signing a ten yr vet will cost more than an equivalent young guy just because the ten vet min is higher than the young guy min. And teams are not going to sign the latter if there is any choice also because they are looking to the future. It also sounds like there are injury concerns as well. If he is out of the league primarily because of that then maybe he has healed up some in the last couple of months. Unlikely perhaps but not impossible.

I'd rather see Carimi start personally with Gurode as the worst case scenario option he was brought in as. Carimi may well be the future for us at one of our OG spots. Gurode isn't.
There isn't any doubt that Carimi will start and never has been. Gurode won't even suit up for a couple of weeks, and then only because the emergency hasn't gotten any better.

Agreed. And FWIW Carimi said today he is in line to start at RG on Sunday.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: