Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Freeman's almost there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BFFL5678

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Freeman's almost there Reply with quote

Hey guys after watching the game on Sunday I want to believe that Freeman is really starting to come into his own. Yes I know he missed a couple of open passes but that happens. I watched Brady do that same exact thing on Thursday night. I am concerned that he is not willing to take off and run the ball on some occasions. When he came out of college that was one big feature of his he could run the ball. I have no problem with him being a pocket passer but there are some points in the game I would like to see him tuck it and run. One example is during the game on Sunday when we were on the goal line and on 2nd down he threw the ball out of the end zone when he could have probably taken the ball and run for the corner and made the end zone instead of us settling for the field goal. We have Denver next and with that pass rush they have there might be some times he needs to run the ball. Just curious if anybody else is seeing the same thing.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some good things, but it's not like he "just missed a couple throws." He missed a couple of easy touchdowns. Until he starts consistently hitting those week in week out, year in year out, he won't be elite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I see some good things, but it's not like he "just missed a couple throws." He missed a couple of easy touchdowns. Until he starts consistently hitting those week in week out, year in year out, he won't be elite.

100% agree with this. Good thing for freeman is he's still 24 years old , only 1 year older than Andrew Luck. Still think he'll get there but he's got a lot of work to do. Needs to beat the better teams. Leading great come from behind victories is good in all, but it'd look better against teams like Atlanta instead of Carolina.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

100% agree with this. Good thing for freeman is he's still 24 years old , only 1 year older than Andrew Luck. Still think he'll get there but he's got a lot of work to do. Needs to beat the better teams. Leading great come from behind victories is good in all, but it'd look better against teams like Atlanta instead of Carolina.

Yeah he's getting there, just not there yet. Like it has already been stated, time is still on his side. Missing VJ on that one play happens to all QBs and I can live with, but he's gotta complete that pass to Mike.... no excuses. On the bright side his poise has been terrific this season and he did finish games like last week and Carolina strong, he just needs to know that sometimes even if you finish strong, you will not always get a chance to makeup for missed opportunities earlier. One bad drop by Underwood and the offense ran out of chances.

I do see Free getting there. His poise, leadership, and footwork has been bounds and leaps better this season. And his accuracy, consistency, and pocket presence has took a noticeable change for the better ever since the bye week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: