Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48939
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

Ill post some more stuff later....havent had time to put one together but wanted to get the thread up.

Discuss.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11847
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is gonna come down to the offense and if they can sustain drives and convert 3rd downs. If Chuck is QB Haley should call a ball control offense. I think the first team to 17 pts win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame that the Steelers haven't been able to take advantage of this Raven team. This is the most vulnerable I've seen them in quite a while. Unfortunately, Ben's ill-timed injury may limit the Steelers taking advantage of it. I believe they can win but I wouldn't bet on it. While I get the "Do or Die" reference, I don't know how accurate it is. With a loss, the Ravens will win the division if they haven't already (Die). I like Ben's chances of coming back and leading this team deep into the playoffs (Live). That is IF they make the playoffs. A Wild Card spot is in jeopardy if they lose this game. It may come down to a "win and your in" scenerio between the Bungles and Steelers week 16 and the suprising Colts taking the other spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kmvoss


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Ravens are going to win by 17. Going to be ugly. I don't see Batch doing anything good in our house. Even if Ben was back I think we win by at least 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers will win in a surprising fashion, defeating the Ravens 24-14. Polamalu and Brown coming back is huge and Batch will feel less pressure on him. Also, we will learn from last time and throw more HB screens to Dwyer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48939
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
I think the Ravens are going to win by 17. Going to be ugly. I don't see Batch doing anything good in our house. Even if Ben was back I think we win by at least 7.


Your team could barely beat Leftwich.

I expect the Ravens to win, but with Ben, the Steelers wouldve beat you by 10+ points two weeks ago...and while the Ravens are better at home, they are still one of the weakest 9-2 teams Ive seen in awhile.

20-10 Ravens.

Flacco actually manages to score a TD this time.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SouthwestSteel


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1304
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Batch looked bad last game, not sure how much he has progressed, though perhaps some more rust has been knocked off. AB can only help the passing game, he has REALLY been missed. Our clear #1.

On the other hand, the Steelers overall outplayed the Ravens last game, if it were not for a couple key errors the game would have been in hand. The defense did a surprisingly good job, and if they can play at or beyond that level again the game should be tight.

A big key is do the the Steelers get back to a dominating running attack or not. Do they avoid turnovers? With Adams out it gets harder to run. If Pouncey plays guard I expect he will do fine, and Legs is a good center. Beachum at tackle is a concern.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11847
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Troy hasn't played that much this season he is a upgrade over W. Allen. The Steelers pass defense I thought was a fluke, but come to realize that it is as good as it seems. Adding Troy to a already successful unit will only make matters worse for opposing offenses. If Flacco struggled against the Steelers pass defense without Troy I don't see him having much more success this time around.

The addition of AB makes things a little better because it takes pressure off of the other WRs and gives the QB more options in the passing game, because of Plax unfamiliarity in the offense and M. Wallace limited route running ability. H. Miller should benefit from AB return also because it'll create more space for him to operate in the short area of the field.

The Steelers can win this game by doing the obvious. Mixing up short throws with positive runs on first down. The biggest negative in the losses I believe more than the turnovers. Was the steelers could never get into any short downs and distances. Even in the loss to the Browns they were always in 2nd/3rd and longs. I don't care who your playing your not going to beat teams consistently when you always have to covert long downs.

The Steelers need to call this game like Charlie Batch is a rookie QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nevermore


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 6348
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
I think the Ravens are going to win by 17. Going to be ugly. I don't see Batch doing anything good in our house. Even if Ben was back I think we win by at least 7.


Your team could barely beat Leftwich.

I expect the Ravens to win, but with Ben, the Steelers wouldve beat you by 10+ points two weeks ago...and while the Ravens are better at home, they are still one of the weakest 9-2 teams Ive seen in awhile.

I don't disagree with any of that, but the Ravens aren't a better at home, they're basically a different team.
Flacco may be the most Jekyll/Hyde QB in the history of this league. 108.3 rating at home versus a 70.2 rating on the road.

I know "winning the turnover battle" is generic key #1 for getting a W no matter who's playing, but this week it's an absolute must for the Steelers. I don't see them winning if they don't go at least +2.

Is Brown's return a given? That's gonna be a huge help for Batch. Then again, I'm sure he's no match for Pro Bowl corner Cary Williams. Laughing
_________________
ChazStandard wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
you have to be more than just a man in the mind of your opponent


Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1715
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up Dwyer in my fantasy league because hes supposed to start. Should I start him or sit him? Im not real familiar with how the Steelers have been using their RB's this year. Is his production going to be affected if Ben starts or not?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dcash4


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1090
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The Steelers need to call this game like Charlie Batch is a rookie QB.


If this is what you have to do for Batch, then i have no idea why we kept him.

I understand there isn't a lot out there in the world of back up QBs, but keeping an um-teen-year vet, who has starters experience is that if pressed into this situation you still run your offense at a semi efficient pace. Not completely fall back to square one.

No Lefty/batch are not Ben, i know the game plan will be watered down, and they will not be asked to carry the torch of the offense. Im not crazy and expect them to sling it around 25+ times and lead us to victory... but if you need the game plan of a rookie for 37 year old Batch - what is the point of having him?

You need a better game plan than run-run-wr screen-punt, run-pa fb flat-run-punt to beat the ravens.

Again, im not expecting us to score 24+ and have a highly powered offense. But the point of keeping the Vet is to be able to run an efficient offense while the VETERAN minimizes mistakes because of his experience and is smart enough to bail our of certain situations when he has to. Not game planning to take all potential mistakes away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 5142
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
I just picked up Dwyer in my fantasy league because hes supposed to start. Should I start him or sit him? Im not real familiar with how the Steelers have been using their RB's this year. Is his production going to be affected if Ben starts or not?

It's a shaky start. Tomlin tends to bench rb's like it's going out of style. If he sticks with Dwyer I wouldn't doubt to see him get 75+ with a TD
_________________

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1715
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
I just picked up Dwyer in my fantasy league because hes supposed to start. Should I start him or sit him? Im not real familiar with how the Steelers have been using their RB's this year. Is his production going to be affected if Ben starts or not?

It's a shaky start. Tomlin tends to bench rb's like it's going out of style. If he sticks with Dwyer I wouldn't doubt to see him get 75+ with a TD


I'll take that. I've been having terrible luck with RB's this year in fantasy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 5142
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
I just picked up Dwyer in my fantasy league because hes supposed to start. Should I start him or sit him? Im not real familiar with how the Steelers have been using their RB's this year. Is his production going to be affected if Ben starts or not?

It's a shaky start. Tomlin tends to bench rb's like it's going out of style. If he sticks with Dwyer I wouldn't doubt to see him get 75+ with a TD


I'll take that. I've been having terrible luck with RB's this year in fantasy.

As have I, my friend, as have I.
_________________

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11847
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
The Steelers need to call this game like Charlie Batch is a rookie QB.


If this is what you have to do for Batch, then i have no idea why we kept him.

I understand there isn't a lot out there in the world of back up QBs, but keeping an um-teen-year vet, who has starters experience is that if pressed into this situation you still run your offense at a semi efficient pace. Not completely fall back to square one.

No Lefty/batch are not Ben, i know the game plan will be watered down, and they will not be asked to carry the torch of the offense. Im not crazy and expect them to sling it around 25+ times and lead us to victory... but if you need the game plan of a rookie for 37 year old Batch - what is the point of having him?

You need a better game plan than run-run-wr screen-punt, run-pa fb flat-run-punt to beat the ravens.

Again, im not expecting us to score 24+ and have a highly powered offense. But the point of keeping the Vet is to be able to run an efficient offense while the VETERAN minimizes mistakes because of his experience and is smart enough to bail our of certain situations when he has to. Not game planning to take all potential mistakes away.


Charlie Batch is experience but only capable of certain things. I'm not saying cut the field in half, but limiting the playbook in general.

I stated last week Charlie Batch should only be throwing slants, bubble screens, RB/TE screens, drag routes, hooks, flare passes and a occasional deep pass. I think that is a simplistic enough and diverse enough offense that can maximize Charlie Batch's decision making.

The Steelers can't expect Charlie Batch to do anything that requires arm strength. Similar to the out he threw to Burress for a pick or the ability to fit passes into tight windows.

I'd say have Charlie Batch do his best Joe Flacco impersonation this week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group