Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: VIKINGS (6-4) at Bears (7-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Captain Viking wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
It's not about necessarily passion but pride and getting your team ramped up in the game. It's holding players accountable and getting in their face.
they're professionals. If they can't get themselves "ramped up" then they shouldn't be playing

I think you're boiling it down too simply. They are professionals indeed, but there are several reasons they need coaches in the first place: to provide direction, strategic planning and, yes, motivation. It's all part and parcel. I would not take as hard a stance on this as you have.

Exactly. If they were professionals, why have coaches in the first place?
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is if I was a player I would not be sold on a guy like Frazier. He does not inspire confidence that he actually knows what he is doing. When crap hits the fan do I trust him to figure it out before it is too late?

I mean Jarius Wright likely would have never seen the field this season if not for Percy getting hurt.

Right now they cannot seem to make their mind up between Fusco or Schwartz. It is also looking to be that way with Sanford and Raymond.

You have Percy pissed over play calling but does Fraizer even know how to fix it? He certainly doesn't seem convinced that Musgrave knows what he is doing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
It's not about necessarily passion but pride and getting your team ramped up in the game. It's holding players accountable and getting in their face.
they're professionals. If they can't get themselves "ramped up" then they shouldn't be playing

Leadership matters, in every line of business, leadership does matter.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
KingTarvaris7 wrote:
we all realistically know right now he will never be a good NFL starter

No.

I agree with [UMN] here, I'm going to quote John Kriesel via twitter about 20 minutes ago (John Kriesel was a member of the Minnesota Legislature and very supportive possibly key on getting the Vikings stadium passed, and he held up the "help" sign during the long days of discussion on the bill):

"I won't say that Ponder is the QB of the future, he hasn't earned it yet, but it's tough to evaluate him with such a lack of talent at WR. Because the Vikings have used so many aging, short-term fix's at QB, I think it would be irresponsible to pull the cord on Ponder this soon."

www.twitter.com/johnkriesel

I agree with him.

Reads a lot like this board 3-4 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
All I know is if I was a player I would not be sold on a guy like Frazier. He does not inspire confidence that he actually knows what he is doing. When crap hits the fan do I trust him to figure it out before it is too late?

I mean Jarius Wright likely would have never seen the field this season if not for Percy getting hurt.

Right now they cannot seem to make their mind up between Fusco or Schwartz. It is also looking to be that way with Sanford and Raymond.

You have Percy pissed over play calling but does Fraizer even know how to fix it? He certainly doesn't seem convinced that Musgrave knows what he is doing.

Even with all of this, I think the most unnerving thing about Frazier's clock management this year.

It should be one of the simplest, most fundamental aspects of being a head coach, but there's been multiple times so far where Frazier has completely butchered the team's clock management.

At least twice at the end of first halves, he's decided to run out the clock with run plays within 2 minutes of the half, only to suddenly call a timeout with under 30 seconds to attempt a deep pass. I'm pretty sure that Ponder was forced to scramble and then threw a pick both times.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
At least twice at the end of first halves, he's decided to run out the clock with run plays within 2 minutes of the half, only to suddenly call a timeout with under 30 seconds to attempt a deep pass. I'm pretty sure that Ponder was forced to scramble and then threw a pick both times.

Last I checked, by far our best chance for explosive plays is to give the ball to Adrian Peterson.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

Last I checked, by far our best chance for explosive plays is to give the ball to Adrian Peterson.

This would almost be a good argument if Frazier would have used his timeouts to stop the clock immediately after the running plays, but he didn't. He let the clock run down until they only had time for one play, and then they tried to throw deep.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody showed up to play this game from the coaches down to the special teams players. We were beat in every facet of the game.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
KingTarvaris7 wrote:
we all realistically know right now he will never be a good NFL starter

No.

I agree with [UMN] here, I'm going to quote John Kriesel via twitter about 20 minutes ago (John Kriesel was a member of the Minnesota Legislature and very supportive possibly key on getting the Vikings stadium passed, and he held up the "help" sign during the long days of discussion on the bill):

"I won't say that Ponder is the QB of the future, he hasn't earned it yet, but it's tough to evaluate him with such a lack of talent at WR. Because the Vikings have used so many aging, short-term fix's at QB, I think it would be irresponsible to pull the cord on Ponder this soon."

www.twitter.com/johnkriesel

I agree with him.

Reads a lot like this board 3-4 years ago.

Yes and no, the difference is that with Tavaris we wanted him to play a year and he never did, he would play 8 games and then get pulled for 3 and then play 5 games or something like that. I want Ponder to play the full 3 season (well 2.5) and if he isn't good replace him, no more second chances no more we need to make him the full time starter, I'd even be okay if Ponder looks bad after 8 games next year to pull him, but don't pull him, then put him back in and pull him and put him back in and pull him, like was done with T-Jack that doesn't help anyone.

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree that they did not handle Tarvaris real well, but let's not reimagine history. Wink

Childress really only "pulled" him once (after the Colts game I attended). The rest of the time, Tarvaris would start a few games and then get injured. It wasn't all Childress' fault that Tarvaris never developed.

As far as Ponder goes, I do agree with you that he needs to be given sufficient time, at least through the middle of next year before they even consider pulling the plug on him. I've never found it to be fair that people seem to expect him to be like RGIII or Andrew Luck...i.e. that he should be lighting up the league immediately and consistently. That isn't how it's going to work with every QB.

I do especially think that we should be more patient with him, considering there is absolutely no one for him to throw to. Without an AJ Green or Steve Smith to throw to like Andy Dalton and Cam Newton, it's hard to truly evaluate Ponder's performance (whether it's his inability to see the field correctly or if the WRs just can't get separation).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10602556

Jared Allen was fined $21k for his hit on Lance Louis. I figured that's what would happen since that's how much Golden Tate was fined for the same type of hit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: