Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking News: Chris Palmer canned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
What an absolutely terrible, terrible point by Banks. Seriously. Locker has started six career games and has 11 touchdowns and three interceptions (one of which came on a hail mary). As you said, Kap hasn't shown any more than Locker has at this point in their careers, it's ridiculous to act as though Jake has struggled while Kap clearly is part of the "strong quarterback class."

Once again, national media showing ignorance when it comes to the Titans. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

I think that's a pretty overused sentimentality from Titans fans. The national media doesn't know about our team because in all honesty, what have we done to garner attention?

The idea behind articles like this are that many young QB's are making headlines, either with highlight reel plays or consistently winning. Unfortunately all young QB's drafted early now will be compared to guys that have succeeded immediately, regardless of the players around them or any defensive support.

The jury's still out but it's not that Jake doesn't have talent, he's certainly flashed it here and there, but he's not once put forth a complete game. I know he's been limited, but the days of waiting 3 or 4 years for a QB to mature are gone.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
What an absolutely terrible, terrible point by Banks. Seriously. Locker has started six career games and has 11 touchdowns and three interceptions (one of which came on a hail mary). As you said, Kap hasn't shown any more than Locker has at this point in their careers, it's ridiculous to act as though Jake has struggled while Kap clearly is part of the "strong quarterback class."

Once again, national media showing ignorance when it comes to the Titans. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

I think that's a pretty overused sentimentality from Titans fans. The national media doesn't know about our team because in all honesty, what have we done to garner attention?

The idea behind articles like this are that many young QB's are making headlines, either with highlight reel plays or consistently winning. Unfortunately all young QB's drafted early now will be compared to guys that have succeeded immediately, regardless of the players around them or any defensive support.

The jury's still out but it's not that Jake doesn't have talent, he's certainly flashed it here and there, but he's not once put forth a complete game. I know he's been limited, but the days of waiting 3 or 4 years for a QB to mature are gone.

He put up a pretty complete game against the Lions.... Kaepernick was disticntly average against the Saints and the defence carried him to the win. Locker doesn't have that luxury.

The way these so called "analysts" go on these days does my head in.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jus tot clarify my position..

I think both Coordinators are bad...

But with an offense that has weapons and the potential it has, not be able to score to atleast put us in shootout type of games... It was a bit ridiculous...

A team that went down and scored with ease late in the game using a gameplan that has proven from time to time when we do use it, that it works..

We never use it early in the games
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean we all must be tired of the run, run, pass, punt... mentality on every single drive
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya we've been seeing the same gameplan like that since 07. The league has changed for the most part you need to be able to throw it consistently to win in his league. Just look at the QBs that have been to the Super Bowl the last few years Manning/Brady Rodgers/Big Ben Brees/Manning Big Ben/Warner Manning/Brady. These teams arnt trying to run the ball 30 times a game you have to throw it more consistently and have to throw different wrinkles at teams. The Titans just dont do that

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else heard the Gruden rumor? I was listening to Fox Sports radio and they said it's about that time of year for the Gruden rumors to start again and the latest is Tennessee. I haven't heard it anywhere else but there. Any idea where it came from?

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Has anyone else heard the Gruden rumor? I was listening to Fox Sports radio and they said it's about that time of year for the Gruden rumors to start again and the latest is Tennessee. I haven't heard it anywhere else but there. Any idea where it came from?

Iv heard the Tennessee Vols not the Tennessee Titans

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:

tennessee vols
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:

It's the Vols. Laughing Their fans have been wanting him all season.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, can we all stop being a bit whiny and just hope Loggains turns out to be a fantastic coordinator?

I honestly don't understand what all the hate is from. Munch went 9-7 last year. Yeah, this year sucks, but we've also had a terrible run of injuries. It's clear that Palmer's system just wasn't working- and if we go back to a more Heimerdinger system, we have a lot of potential on offense. Locker is clearly a superior Quarterback to Hass, our Oline is better than last year, CJ is better than last year, and we've got a more talented group of receivers than last year.

Praying for us to lose every game left, so that Munch gets fired, and we have a high draft pick is not some recipe for success. Go ask the Browns and Raiders how it feels to be in purgatory.

Munch is not a bad headcoach. Is he the best? No. But he's great with the players, runs good practices, and is willing to make changes when needed (benching Witherspoon, committing to Locker, firing Palmer, calling out players, pressuring Gray to be creative). The idea that we're going to fire Munchak and suddenly land a top coach is almost laughable- essentially every major prospect will go to a bigger market. We'd just be gambling.

Loggains has a lot of potential. He's well liked, and very well respected within the organization and around the league.
Is Gray the best? No, he stubbornly stuck with a system that wasn't working for most of this year. But we've seen a lot of improvement the last few games, and he did a damn good job last year.

This team doesn't need a top 5 pick to be competitive. All it needs are competent schemes on offense and defense, and not having our QB and star MLB getting injured.

I'm rooting for the team, and for Munch, and for Loggains. We've got a ton of talent, and hitting the reset button on a team fielding the youngest defense and one of the ten youngest offenses is not a good idea.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can we say with a straight face that Munch runs great practices? How many times have we been clearly unprepared for a game and got stomped by the opposing team?

I know Munch is a new HC and all...but seeing him get totally out-coached by Jim Caldwell last year made me really question how "prepared" our team is and how much he pays attention to detail during games.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch doesn't do the offensive and defensive gameplan. That's not the type of coach he is. It's clear we've been oft unprepared for games. But that's far more on the coordinators than on Munch. "Good Practices" is how physically prepared players are and week over week technique improvement.

I don't think you can argue that anyone has failed to improve individually. Hell, even Griffin is better than last year. Palmer's system clearly just wasn't working. And Gray has started to shape up, but the first half of the season was a disaster for gameplanning.

Anyways, it's meant to be a warning. Blowing up the team, moving to completely different systems, etc. usually means at least 2 years of [inappropriate/removed]. Very few teams make a seamless move.

And all the people coming in and advocating a shift to a 3-4? Serious? I'd like my team to be competitive in the near future.

Oh, and Locker is becoming excellent. I'd really like to not torpedo his carrer by shuffling him through systems nonstop.
Niznag74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an interview with Cook on the Titans website where he says the plays they are working on now under Loggains are a lot like what Dinger was doing.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
Munch doesn't do the offensive and defensive gameplan. That's not the type of coach he is. It's clear we've been oft unprepared for games. But that's far more on the coordinators than on Munch. "Good Practices" is how physically prepared players are and week over week technique improvement.

Then what does Munch do? Because I don't see how our players are much more prepared "physically" from week to week.

Griffin still sucks. McCourty is decent but the same player pretty much as last year. Klug has regressed. Colin, while hurt, has regressed. Robert Johnson isn't even an entity on the field. Mouton is still terrible.

Munch sure isn't making our players play to a level higher than their capability.

He's the head coach. He needs to have his hands dipped in both the offense and the defense. It's HIS job to do so. When we come out unprepared seemingly 1/3 games...whether it is on offense or defense...SOME fingers have to be pointed to Munch.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
ThatTitansFan wrote:

Then what does Munch do? Because I don't see how our players are much more prepared "physically" from week to week.

Griffin still sucks. McCourty is decent but the same player pretty much as last year. Klug has regressed. Colin, while hurt, has regressed. Robert Johnson isn't even an entity on the field. Mouton is still terrible.

Munch sure isn't making our players play to a level higher than their capability.

He's the head coach. He needs to have his hands dipped in both the offense and the defense. It's HIS job to do so. When we come out unprepared seemingly 1/3 games...whether it is on offense or defense...SOME fingers have to be pointed to Munch.

Munch is a CEO type coach. Like Fisher, Tomlin, Harbaugh (Baltimore), Coughlin, Carroll and Belichck.
Coaches that put their input on what they want to see and try to install their beliefs on the team, but don't call plays or do gameplaning.
Belichck in New England has more hands on than any of the others I named, but doesn't do gameday play calling.

His job is to make sure things he believes are being taught. I think the coordinators are the ones who need to make sure the players understand their specific jobs and duties.

Just like in a school, the principal's job is to make sure the teachers teach. He isn't responsible for getting the students ready for tests. Princpal makes sure the lessons are being folllowed. Teachers are the one's teaching the students and the one's who get credit or blame for how the student's perform. Teachers/coordinators have to motivate the student/player to perform their best....while the principal/Coach has to pick the right teachers and motivate them to do well...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: