Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT-Minnesota Vikings (6-5)@Green Bay Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 4733
Location: Sconnie boy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh


I know, but like I said, once you get to the playoffs, they will be facing the best front 4's (and 7's) that football has to offer. Right now, SF and NYG are 1a and 1b. You're gonna have to get through at least one of 'em to get to the SB.
_________________

R-E-L-A-X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10631
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh


I know, but like I said, once you get to the playoffs, they will be facing the best front 4's (and 7's) that football has to offer. Right now, SF and NYG are 1a and 1b. You're gonna have to get through at least one of 'em to get to the SB.


A few weeks against normal competition to get their footing can do a reshuffled OL a world of good.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8831
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh


I know, but like I said, once you get to the playoffs, they will be facing the best front 4's (and 7's) that football has to offer. Right now, SF and NYG are 1a and 1b. You're gonna have to get through at least one of 'em to get to the SB.


A few weeks against normal competition to get their footing can do a reshuffled OL a world of good.


Yes. You have to remember this group of guys on the line had only been in this configuration for 2 weeks - and they were going to face arguably one of the top D lines in football - and lines don't gel over night.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7446
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


I thought Bulaga kind of sucked his rookie year, didn't he give up ten sacks or something? Think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3270
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


I thought Bulaga kind of sucked his rookie year, didn't he give up ten sacks or something? Think


Struggled early on no question (Cameron Wake made him lOok silly) but towards the end was playing damn good and was our 2nd best lineman after Sitton.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4137
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


I thought Bulaga kind of sucked his rookie year, didn't he give up ten sacks or something? Think


Yes but he was very solid down the stretch. When healthy, Bulaga is a very good RT. He is just not healthy enough to be ideal for us in this forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12864
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Yes but he was very solid down the stretch. When healthy, Bulaga is a very good RT. He is just not healthy enough to be ideal for us in this forum.


He was rough until later in 2010 if I remember correctly, but in the playoffs he was great for us. Hopefully everyone comes back healthy for 2013, we cut some fat(Wood, Driver, Saturday...maybe even Hawk....because Brad Jones has played better than any LB I've seen in a Packer uniform since a young Nick Barnett) and we reload.

There is still hope for this season but until I see this OL play well vs a good front I have my doubts this season will end the way we want it to.
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14680
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.


Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh


I know, but like I said, once you get to the playoffs, they will be facing the best front 4's (and 7's) that football has to offer. Right now, SF and NYG are 1a and 1b. You're gonna have to get through at least one of 'em to get to the SB.


A few weeks against normal competition to get their footing can do a reshuffled OL a world of good.


Yes but this week we face Jared Allen, Brian Robison and Kevin Williams, next week its Suh, KVB, Fairly and Avril then Peppers, Melton, ect... than finally what could be considered a break in Tennessee and than back to Minny. There is no breaks left for this OL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48336
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Teams usually play well coming off a big loss. unfortunately they both are so thats pretty even. both teams are beat up, but the packers have more depth. The vikings pass defense has been terrible since Chris cook left with an injury. that does not equal a recipie for success. Oh and the vikings two leading recievers are probably out too. anyways, somehow, the vikings play 1 good game against the packers every year, then get destroyed in the other one. oh well... Packers 26-Vikings-20


Harvin will play, I cant see him being kept out of this game given what is at stake. No way he misses this game. Rudolph on the other hand, I havent a clue.

As for the pass defense, it hasnt been terrible since Cook went down, not sure where you are getting that. The Vikings really dont give up much down the field, the Safetys have been quite good at keeping things in front of them. The problem is in that 5-8 yard area, the LBs and CBs give up a lot in short coverage spots. Since Cook went out, Russell Wilson (W9) threw for 173 yards, Stafford threw for 329 yards (W10) and Cutler threw for 188 yards. Yards arent everything, but when you say the pass defense has been terrible I would expect to see at least more than one 200 yard passer the past three games. In that time, the Vikes have given up 7 TD passes, which isnt very good but probably very comparable to other teams across the league. The biggest issue with the Vikings pass defense has been on third down, where they have struggled to get off the field. The Vikings LBs cant cover anything.


It doesnt pass the eye test. Yards are pretty irrelevent when you can go on a 15 play 80 yard drive and only miss 1 pass. they definately dont need to throw deep or for alot of yards. the vikings also run an offense that focuses on running and chews the clock, so other teams have less plays to rack up that yardage. Im not going to look it up because im lazy, but I would be curious to see the completion percentage that the vikings pass defense has allowed. I would guess its not so great.


The Vikes play a very traditional Cover 2 zone scheme. Meaning the Safetys almost always play in deep halves with the intention of taking away the deep ball. The Viking are also among the best in the league in limiting big pass plays down the field (atleast when Cook was in, I havent looked at in a few weeks but they didnt give up much of anything down field to Seattle and Chicago). That is just the style they are, they will give up a lot of short passes underneath and surrender a high completion % but they wont give up much 20+ yards down field.

A methodical offense can beat the Vikes defense, like we saw the Bears last week. An offense like the Lions who just want to throw it around down field plays to the Vikes advantage. Short passing game limits pass rush and is better suited to beat the natural holes in the Cover 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BartStarving


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1095
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Short passing game limits pass rush and is better suited to beat the natural holes in the Cover 2.


I've been hoping all season for a return to that traditional west coast stuff from the Packers all year. I don't know that Rodgers is comfortable with the three-step drop but, I'd like to at least give it a try. Especially, if Jennings is back; he and Driver (why is he on the roster if you're not going to use him?) are two of the best ever in that scheme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3270
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Short passing game limits pass rush and is better suited to beat the natural holes in the Cover 2.


I've been hoping all season for a return to that traditional west coast stuff from the Packers all year. I don't know that Rodgers is comfortable with the three-step drop but, I'd like to at least give it a try. Especially, if Jennings is back; he and Driver (why is he on the roster if you're not going to use him?) are two of the best ever in that scheme.


To say he's not comfortable with it is crazy. You don't become the best QB in the NFL without at least mastering one of the first and most basic thing a QB learns...

Now where I agree with you is in this, Rodgers problem sometimes is instead of taking the checkdown for a sure 7 yards he will try and force it deep and hold on to the ball longer. On 3rd and 3 sometimes you'll see a short route very open on your TV and he's still standing in the pocket. While this drives me crazy it's far better than the alternative which is Matt Ryan who checks down always and hardly ever goes deep.

Back to vikingsrule, the above is probs my why Rodgers has struggled against the Cover 2 more than any other Defense on his career. This is another HUGE reason why getting Finley involved would be wonderful.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 2087
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed], if Matthews doesn't play (come on, Clay, you've basically had 4 weeks to heal up now), paint me worried for this game. Shocked Our game at Soldier Field in week 15 is already a tossup game with you and hopefully Benson, Jennings and Woodson coming back, we can't afford to lose more than 1 more game, at the VERY worst (which is, again, what makes the Seattle Toucherception call so devastating to us; thankfully, it won't cost us anything more than possibly the division).

I know our SB hopes are pretty much out the window now (we're too banged up, especially on OL, to make a deep playoff run at this juncture), but that's not to say we can't still at least finish strong and hopefully win the division, if nothing else. I know it's Minnesota (who beat only one good team all year in San Fran), but still, we barely beat the lowly Lions with Matthews out, in addition to all our other starters out with injuries. The Vikes scare me a little bit more than the Lions, at least (though not as much as the Giants on the road coming off a bye week and Nicks coming back from injury).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bauman1535


Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 970
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out I'm going to the game this weekend. Definitely excited. Weather should be really nice, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArcticNorseman


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the season schedule came out for the Vikes, I looked at three games as pivotal games for the Vikes season . . . San Fran, at Detroit and this game. Wanted to see how well the Vikes would perform, not necessarily win, but how well they played good teams.

Since the first two are under wraps, I'm impressed they played very well against the 49ers and managed to win on the road at Detroit. Getting thumped at Chicago seems a normal thing the past several years, but at Green Bay, it's a different kind of game.

Aaron and Co are having a good streak against the Vikes, and more than likely will win this game; however, ending the streak would be quite an achievement.

Neither team played well on the road last week, and hopefully the fear of being demoralized two weeks in a row on the road at divisional opponents will spark the Vikes to play at the top of their game, and I believe it goes without saying that the Pack will be fired up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
General_Bean


Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 1294
Location: Crossroads of CT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading PFT, and they mentioned Clay will not play sunday. How bad is his injury? It's been nagging for almost a month now.
_________________
Packers fan since 93.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 7 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group