Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hue Jackson/New Regime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4797
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
It's mind boggling when people are quick to bash Hue, yet make excuses as to why DA deserves another year. Honestly, the logic behind it (or lack thereof) is flawed.

I'm not saying DA should be fired, but come on. He hasn't really been impressive either, talent or no talent. This team seems lost & no one seems to care. They have regressed each passing week. What does that tell you?


We are not saying DA deserves another year. We are saying its irrelevant to suggest he won't be the coach.

Why discuss something that's not happening?


Who knows how Reggie thinks he has performed.

The reasons DA is getting excuses made for him is because he was dealt a rough hand. No cap space, lost his #2 RB, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB, and had no picks in the draft till the 3rd round.

Reggie will factor that in as well as his coaching hires and vision to go forward.

However if this team doesn't improve before the end of the season, Reggie will struggle to keep him IMO.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
It's mind boggling when people are quick to bash Hue, yet make excuses as to why DA deserves another year. Honestly, the logic behind it (or lack thereof) is flawed.

I'm not saying DA should be fired, but come on. He hasn't really been impressive either, talent or no talent. This team seems lost & no one seems to care. They have regressed each passing week. What does that tell you?


We are not saying DA deserves another year. We are saying its irrelevant to suggest he won't be the coach.

Why discuss something that's not happening?


Who knows how Reggie thinks he has performed.

The reasons DA is getting excuses made for him is because he was dealt a rough hand. No cap space, lost his #2 RB, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB, and had no picks in the draft till the 3rd round.

Reggie will factor that in as well as his coaching hires and vision to go forward.

However if this team doesn't improve before the end of the season, Reggie will struggle to keep him IMO.


I disagree 100% with this line of thinking. Allen is safe. Reggie didn't appoint a young, first time HC to build this team with to cast him out after 1 season.

Reggie knew this team was lacking talent. Said they needed depth. I'm sure he recognizes the issues with the OC and will assist Allen in finding the right guy.

Allen is the coach and will get next year with a rebuilt roster to show improvement. Year 3 will be the first real assessment of if he deserves to stay (he's signed 4 years).

Again, you don't hire a first time coach to instal his systems and fire him before you have a chance to put talent around him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group