Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 cap space
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Well even if Revis is a FA, why would he come here with Haslett as the coach and a secondary that is just abysmal regardless of who else plays against him, maybe besides Byrd.

The Robert Griffin effect should not be understated here. Free agents will see the exciting young player, along with Mike Shanahan, and opportunity for good contracts as more than enough motivation.

Ideally, a great defensive mind is added as coordinator. DeAngelo will likely be cut. I keep hearing that players like Raheem Morris even if he lost his locker room as a HC. You have Orakpo and Kerrigan as pass rushers. Not such a bad place to be.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Well even if Revis is a FA, why would he come here with Haslett as the coach and a secondary that is just abysmal regardless of who else plays against him, maybe besides Byrd.
because we have Robert Griffin and he's better than Mark Sanchez. He should have this team being a contender for a decade to come within a few years. On D we have several building blocks, more than the jets currently do. The jets d is an aging d that is needing some rebuilding. If we fix the secondary our D could be top 10 next year. Put that with our offense and we should be a playoff contender.

I do agree with footy's post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
because we have Robert Griffin and he's better than Mark Sanchez. He should have this team being a contender for a decade to come within a few years. On D we have several building blocks, more than the jets currently do. The jets d is an aging d that is needing some rebuilding. If we fix the secondary our D could be top 10 next year. Put that with our offense and we should be a playoff contender.

I think offensive players might be swayed by the Griffin factor. But until the defensive side of the ball is shored up I don't think it'll make a difference for defensive players.

People say Ryan would be great to get but I like the Jets current d-coordinator, Mike Pettine. He knows all of Ryan's schemes and has experience in 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. Plus the competion to get him won't be as intense. Nor do we have to worry about his devisive personality (although if Rex can be brought in I wouldn't mind putting up with it).
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I think offensive players might be swayed by the Griffin factor. But until the defensive side of the ball is shored up I don't think it'll make a difference for defensive players.

People say Ryan would be great to get but I like the Jets current d-coordinator, Mike Pettine. He knows all of Ryan's schemes and has experience in 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. Plus the competion to get him won't be as intense. Nor do we have to worry about his devisive personality (although if Rex can be brought in I wouldn't mind putting up with it).
if Hasslet is indeed canned (which I doubt it). I'd like to sign Pettine or Spanos (x Redskins LB coach) good pull on that name Foster. Both those guys seem like guys who are up and comers as coaches. That's what we need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yurk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain to me Whats the deal with Joshua Morgan's contract? According to Rotoworld and some others he has a 2 year contract (5.5 signing bonus and 2012 and 2013 salaries), but according to Thewarpath he has a 5 year contract with 9 mill $ salary in each of 2014, 2015 and 2016. Is it because of the penalty?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yurk wrote:
Can anyone explain to me Whats the deal with Joshua Morgan's contract? According to Rotoworld and some others he has a 2 year contract (5.5 signing bonus and 2012 and 2013 salaries), but according to Thewarpath he has a 5 year contract with 9 mill $ salary in each of 2014, 2015 and 2016. Is it because of the penalty?

I can't explain but I love the avi!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

if Hasslet is indeed canned (which I doubt it). I'd like to sign Pettine or Spanos (x Redskins LB coach) good pull on that name Foster. Both those guys seem like guys who are up and comers as coaches. That's what we need.

Darren Perry is the name to keep an eye on.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bye Hall and Brown
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yurk wrote:

In short, yes.

Josh Morgan received a $5.5M signing bonus, and by making the terms of the deal 5 years you spread that out ($1.1M per year). AND, by making his yearly salary spike in years 3-5, it's pretty clear to everyone involved that he's not going to be here unless he starts playing like Brandon Marshall.

2012 Salary = $1.8 million --- Cap Hit = $3.1 million
2013 Salary = $3.8 million --- Cap Hit = $5.1 million

Morgan gets his signing bonus ($5.5M), two roster bonuses ($200k x 2), and his salary ($5.6M). In two years, he'll have $11.5M from the Redskins. To find a two year starter at the WR position for an AAV of $5.75M is a good deal.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Yurk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Footy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know but Fred Davis-Brandon Meriweather are two guys I try and re-sign quickly. Will see how FA goes .
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Don't know but Fred Davis-Brandon Meriweather are two guys I try and re-sign quickly. Will see how FA goes .

Brandon Merriweather is signed through 2016.

I trust the FO to give Fred Davis a contract that protects the team, so I am in favor of bringing him back. If the team still had all their draft picks, they could get away with letting him go.

---------
Just to add (regarding Morgan): You give him the 5 year contract because you push the extra $3.3M until the year he is released from his contract (2014 offseason) when there will be more space to accommodate the extra cost/cap hit. You are not deferring the payment, but you are delaying when it will 'count' for your team salary.

It needed to be done because they had to get Pierre Garcon on this team, and London, Sleepy and Carriker. Next year, they will need to create some cap space by cutting some guys, because they will need to upgrade the secondary and I would re-sign Orakpo either before or midway through the 2013 season to ensure that he does not drive up his price with an impressive season.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yurk wrote:
final 3 years are voidable.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7682579

Quote:
Morgan agreed to a contract worth $12 million over the first two years, with $7.5 million guaranteed. His full contract is for five years, but the final three can be voided.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Yurk wrote:
final 3 years are voidable.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7682579

Quote:
Morgan agreed to a contract worth $12 million over the first two years, with $7.5 million guaranteed. His full contract is for five years, but the final three can be voided.

I believe those final three years auto-voided. It never was a question of "can."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: