Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Carolina Panthers Starting Roster and Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft another LB, I swear i'm going on Strike.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
We definitely can't switch to a 3-4. We've got a good thing going with our pass rush and messing with it would be a mistake. The defensive line is so versatile as it is I don't see the point. The defense is practically a hybrid. Adding a dominant DT could make them able to be effective rushing the passer with just three guys. That's a bit different than running a 3-4, where lineman occupy rather than rush as much.

Also: THEY HAVE TO DRAFT A KICKER.

You can sign a kicker and probably another punter anywhere.

No need to waste a pick on them.

Thanks CK
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid wouldnt even be that bad of a coach...
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Moody wrote:
We definitely can't switch to a 3-4. We've got a good thing going with our pass rush and messing with it would be a mistake. The defensive line is so versatile as it is I don't see the point. The defense is practically a hybrid. Adding a dominant DT could make them able to be effective rushing the passer with just three guys. That's a bit different than running a 3-4, where lineman occupy rather than rush as much.

I disagree. We tried that and it didn't work. Look at the success of rookie kickers. We need a K for the long term. Punter I agree moreso.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
Moody wrote:

I disagree. We tried that and it didn't work. Look at the success of rookie kickers. We need a K for the long term. Punter I agree moreso.

We tried that at Punter and we dont have many picks. A lot of good kickers go undrafted like the Baltimore one.

Thanks CK
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO ANDY REID. Seriously he's the last person I would want to coach this team.

I like the ideas here. I think that a lot of us are underestimating how much cap room we'll have after we shed some baggage. Getting rid of Williams/Beason alone will help, and there are many more players that can be cut.

If he's on the board, I think Star Lotueli is the clear cut pick. I'd like to sign a big name WR as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
NO ANDY REID. Seriously he's the last person I would want to coach this team.

I like the ideas here. I think that a lot of us are underestimating how much cap room we'll have after we shed some baggage. Getting rid of Williams/Beason alone will help, and there are many more players that can be cut.

If he's on the board, I think Star Lotueli is the clear cut pick. I'd like to sign a big name WR as well.

There is norway we will get him, I have a bad feeling we are going to beat the Chiefs next week too, than a couple more wins.. we'll be lucky yo have a top 7 pick. Crying or Very sad
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
There is norway we will get him, I have a bad feeling we are going to beat the Chiefs next week too, than a couple more wins.. we'll be lucky yo have a top 7 pick. Crying or Very sad

We should still be able to walk out with a quality defensive tackle. It is pretty stacked at that position. Louis Nix is a guy who I'm not exactly sure is that far behind, if any, Star. He's been a terror this year but I've heard he might not come out. Both are fantastic players though. But if we don't get either of them, Hankins, Jenkins, Richardson, and Short are really good prospects as well. Jenkins would probably be a much better fit for a 3-4 defense though.

Last edited by iknowcool on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

We should still be able to walk out with a quality defensive tackle. It is pretty stacked at that position. Louis Nix is a guy who I'm not exactly sure is that far behind, if any, Star. He's been a terror this year but I've heard he might not come out.

Theres also Hankins (I think that's his name) from Ohio State. That's who a lot of people have as the 2nd DT off the board.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

We should still be able to walk out with a quality defensive tackle. It is pretty stacked at that position. Louis Nix is a guy who I'm not exactly sure is that far behind, if any, Star. He's been a terror this year but I've heard he might not come out.

Theres also Hankins (I think that's his name) from Ohio State. That's who a lot of people have as the 2nd DT off the board.

Hankins is probably "the pick" where we sit right now. He's basically Star, just more run-oriented.

EDIT: The Buckner/Jenkins duo was just mentioned. So, to put this in a more Panther historical reference, Star would be Jenkins, Hankins is Buckner. Not a perfect comparison, but pretty close I'd say.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

Hankins is probably "the pick" where we sit right now. He's basically Star, just more run-oriented.

EDIT: The Buckner/Jenkins duo was just mentioned. So, to put this in a more Panther historical reference, Star would be Jenkins, Hankins is Buckner. Not a perfect comparison, but pretty close I'd say.

So what do we need? A Jenkins or a Buckner?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

So what do we need? A Jenkins or a Buckner?

Both Laughing

A healthy Jenkins (Star) would be preferable, but getting a Buckner would be a more than adequate consolation prize.
panattack86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for either star or the ohio state kid at DT in the first, a quality RT/RG in the second, but im really hoping is in the 3rd( i cant remember if we have on or not) is to draft Phillip Thomas S Fresno State http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=503327
Plays like Woodson and Troy at S but can cover like a CB.
I can honestly say whatever DT and if we draft Thomas would make our D alot more potent and would help us edge out a few victories in those close games.
As for our GM i want Tom Gamble/San Francisco 49ers/Director of Player Personnel.
HC: i say give sean a shot and see who he brings in as a OC. With Sean running the D.
Restructure Beason, Gross, Smitty and DWill if he wants to stay.
FA: Add o-line depth and KR/PR guy who can play the slot.

We really arent that far away from taking the division. As long as Kalil is healthy and we can get the o-line in good shape we should win atleast 8 games next year. Plus we need to run more 2 TE sets to help the run game and open up the passing the game. There are my 2 cents sorry. i didnt include names for FA but im lazy
YDS 329 AVG 15.67 LNG 35
TD 3

Last edited by panattack86 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Im all for either star or the ohio state kid at DT in the first, a quality RT/RG in the second, but im really hoping is in the 3rd( i cant remember if we have on or not) is to draft Phillip Thomas S Fresno State http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=503327
Plays like Woodson and Troy at S but can cover like a CB.
I can honestly say whatever DT and if we draft Thomas would make our D alot more potent and would help us edge out a few victories in those close games.

No 3rd round pick. I like Thomas, he's been rising a lot lately, might end up as an option for the 2nd round pick.
panattack86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be fine with me adding 2 starters in the first 2 rounds.
YDS 329 AVG 15.67 LNG 35
TD 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: