Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/67372/eagles-problems-wont-leave-with-reid

Quote:
If you think this is rock bottom, Philadelphia Eagles fans, then you're in for an ugly surprise. The most alarming thing about this lost Eagles season has nothing to do with this season at all. This season is over. A seventh straight loss, this one 30-22 to fellow NFC bottom-dweller Carolina on "Monday Night Football," dropped the Eagles to 3-8 and ensured that there's no way they can make anything of 2012. Coach Andy Reid is sure to be gone next year, along with quarterback Michael Vick. You will have your scapegoats, Eagles fans, and your catharsis.

But then what? The Eagles will need a new coach, and whoever they get won't have won seven division titles or led his team to five conference championship games. They'll need a new quarterback, assuming Nick Foles can't establish himself over these final five games as the obvious long-term answer, and there's no Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this year's draft, no Peyton Manning on this year's free-agent market. The 2013 Eagles will be about starting over, from scratch, and beginning a rebuilding project that could make fans pine for an 8-8 season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles released Babin, put Jackson on IR...

I mean...i'm loving this, but this is becoming like a train wreck. You know you're SUPPOSED to look away, that something awful and terrible is coming. But do you? Nope, you just can't Laughing
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:

I mean...i'm loving this, but this is becoming like a train wreck. You know you're SUPPOSED to look away, that something awful and terrible is coming. But do you? Nope, you just can't Laughing

Honestly I'm like:

56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:

Seeing the Eagles at 3-8 really warms my heart.Dream Team they called them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did they release Babin?

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing this draft doesn't have an Andrew Luck or RG3 in it, because the Eagles are going to have a legit shot at a top 5 pick.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

The Eagles were playing him at LE. But, he doesn't play the run, so it was a bad match to begin with. He's more of a RE. All he wants to do is rush the passer. It's like if we lined Osi up at LE and then got upset because he got run all over.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

The Eagles were playing him at LE. But, he doesn't play the run, so it was a bad match to begin with. He's more of a RE. All he wants to do is rush the passer. It's like if we lined Osi up at LE and then got upset because he got run all over.

I was impressed with him whenever he played against us. Seemed like he was in the backfield causing havoc every play. Glad they released him. Seemed like a very talented pass rusher. Wouldn't be shocked if the Pats nab him off waivers.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

I was impressed with him whenever he played against us. Seemed like he was in the backfield causing havoc every play. Glad they released him. Seemed like a very talented pass rusher. Wouldn't be shocked if the Pats nab him off waivers.

anybody know salary cap implications with 3+ years remaining on his contract?
bagh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

anybody know salary cap implications with 3+ years remaining on his contract?

All his bonus money has been paid up front, because the dream team year was the year they had all that salary cap room. They only took a 800K hit.
They actually save money over the next 3 years of 3 to 4 million a year.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

Giants will pick him up after he clears waivers and he'll sign for the prorated vet minimum to be able to play the 4 aces Osi Jpp tuck Babin with Kiwi playing LB and blitzing on long yardage downs. Go get em Reese. He wont clown in the Giants lockerroom. Too many adults on the team. And a shot to stick it to the Eagles by getting a ring with a division rival Evil or Very Mad

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

Money ...

Also hes pretty average under most coaches ... not really worth his contract

Not a Knicks fan
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little read on Eli and the HOF. Didn't think it really needed it's own thread. Razz

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Nice little read on Eli and the HOF. Didn't think it really needed it's own thread. Razz

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Great timing GmenSeattle. After his two picks yesterday greatly contributed to us getting blown out. Laughing

GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Great timing GmenSeattle. After his two picks yesterday greatly contributed to us getting blown out. Laughing

Yep! He'll forget about it and play great next week. Rah rah and all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 45 of 73

Jump to: