Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muttz1983

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: mock draft Reply with quote

Chairman/CEO - Clark Hunt
President - Marty Schottenheimer (stabalizing force needed in KC)
General Manager - Omar Khan (Capologist ready to move to the next level)
Asst. GM/ Head Coach - Bill Cowher (controlling who is brought in)
Dir. of Pro Personnel - Will Lewis (well respected, 13 years with Seattle, brother to our new DC)
Dir. of Football Admin. - ?

Head Coach - Bill Cowher
Offensive Coordinator - Russ Grimm (spent many years with Cowher, was a OC for him)
Defensive Coordinator - Tim Lewis (former DC, likes to send pressure, secondary coach who will know how hurt Grimes is)

Offseason moves

Franchise/New contract - Dwayne Bowe (similar to V. Jackson's deal)
Re-sign - Branden Albert (6 years 6-7 per year)
Re-sign - Ryan Lilja (vet minimum)
Re-sign - Shaun Smith (vet minimum)
Sign - Kevin Kolb (will get back up dollars)
Sign - Brent Grimes (coming of Achilles injury, won't be as expensive as Carr was)
Restructure - Tyson Jackson
Cut - Matt Cassel
Cut - Steve Breaston

Draft

1. Geno Smith - QB - Reminds me of Randall Cunningham with better touch on the throws, but not as fast
2. Sylvester Williams - DE - replaces the void of Glenn Dorsey
3. Robert Lester - FS - when coupled with a great SS, he is amazing
4. Montee Ball - RB - reminds me so much of Priest Holmes
5. Justin Pugh - OT/OG - versatile sleeper pick who could develop into something special
6. AJ Klein - ILB - replacing Belcher, great tackler, SILB
7. Michael Williams - TE - not a very good passing catching TE, but a rather dominant run blocker. Could be the Dunn that we have been missing around here for years.

Depth Chart

WR - Jon Baldwin, Devon Wylie
LT - Branden Albert, Donald Stephenson
LG - Jeff Allen, Justin Pugh
C - Rodney Hudson, Ryan Lilja
RG- Jon Asamoah, Justin Pugh
RT - Eric Winston, Donald Stephenson
TE - Tony Moeaki, Michael Williams
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Dexter McCluster
QB - Geno Smith, Kevin Kolb, Ricky Stanzi
RB - Jamaal Charles, Montee Ball, Shaun Draughn, Cyrus Gray

LE - Tyson Jackson, Shaun Smith
NT- Dontari Poe, Anthony Toribio, Jerrell Powe
RE - Sylvester Willams, Allen Bailey
LOLB - Justin Houston
LILB - AJ Klein, Brandon Siler
RILB - Derrick Johnson, Cory Greenwood
ROLB - Tamba Hali, Andy Studebaker
LCB - Brandon Flowers, Jalil Brown
RCB - Brent Grimes, Javier Arenas
SS - Eric Berry, Abram Elam
FS - Kendrick Lewis, Robert Lester

Let me know your thoughts.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see why Cohwer would want to come to that mess.....Ball in the 4th is optimistic too.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
muttz1983

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Can't see why Cohwer would want to come to that mess.....Ball in the 4th is optimistic too.

This year Cowher has stated a couple times that the Chiefs overall are not an entire mess. When they were 1-3 Cowher said the Chiefs would finish 10-6. That doesn't sound like he saw the team to be a mess. Then the following week he said “You watch the Kansas City Chiefs and there’s just one position that’s hindering them right now and that’s the quarterback position. They’re not getting any kind of plays from it." To me feels that they are a QB away from being rather good. If you pick up a QB in the draft with the first pick that can go a long way in helping you become very good.

With regards to Ball, it may be optimistic, but I feel that Ball will measure out in an unfavorable way. His 40 time to me will be 4.55 or worse. He has had a couple head injuries (concussions) this year. He will have had close to 800 touches in college. To me it could add up to being enough question marks to push him back in the draft ala Michael Bush a few years ago.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Cowher loves our roster, i'm sure you've heard that by now. If Pioli,Romeo, and Cassel are gone (which this mock indicates), where exactly is the mess??? The word is that Cowher is simply not interested as long as Pioli is here, if that's what you meant then you're correct, otherwise if he wants to coach again, it's a very attractive place for him.

Only major issue with this is cutting Breaston, especially without signing anyone to be the 3rd wideout...Dex and Wylie are slot guys. Other than that, it'd be top notch as long as we have the money to get those FA's and sign our guys.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty as GM and Cowher as HC? Sign me up.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
muttz1983

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Cowher loves our roster, i'm sure you've heard that by now. If Pioli,Romeo, and Cassel are gone (which this mock indicates), where exactly is the mess??? The word is that Cowher is simply not interested as long as Pioli is here, if that's what you meant then you're correct, otherwise if he wants to coach again, it's a very attractive place for him.

Only major issue with this is cutting Breaston, especially without signing anyone to be the 3rd wideout...Dex and Wylie are slot guys. Other than that, it'd be top notch as long as we have the money to get those FA's and sign our guys.

Steve Breaston only has 7 catches for 74 yards to this point in the season. Next year he is set to make $5mil. He will not be worth that at all. Save money and roll the dice with Wylie and Dex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: