Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OnWisconsin mock v.1 ... Still seeing giant blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnWisconsin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: OnWisconsin mock v.1 ... Still seeing giant blue Reply with quote

Haven't posted in awhile but wanted to put out a mock after last game.

So... Offseason Notes

DD and Jennings are both gone... DD goes out in style and becomes a coach. Jennings on the other hand gets a huge offer and TT simply has his hands tied with Raji Clay and A Rod needing contract extensions.

Woodson restructures to come back... still has the fire. We need him to stay around and tutor guys like Hayward and House.

J-Mike stays... we have some holes and J-Mike is not the biggest one. He still makes me mad with some of the drops but can't fix everything in one draft.

Walden, Shields are back

TT starts to extend Clay A Rod and Raji and gets Clay and A Rod done and is waiting to extend Raji after Pickett comes off the books... but Raji and TT have a deal done under the table.

No FA its TT and I have come to terms with that.

The Draft.... here we go

1. Eric Fisher OT Western Michigan WR
LT with great feet... we need him for protection. Starts Day 1

2. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Big play threat just like Cobb but can run deep and stop on a dime in route running. Perfect GB WR.

3. Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
Big hauler.... wouldnt TJ Travis ans Sit look great in the middle.... thats some huge bodies in the trenches. As you can tell I think oline is a problem but now fixed I think.

4. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
I think Green is not good hasn't shown much and Starks is looking better but not great... I think Barner runs harder than given credit for and can take it to the house.

4 comp. Jordan Reed TE Florida
Is Aaron Herandez... I like his talent

5. Rashard Hall S Clemsom
Having a solid season and adds depth. Capers is using a lot of 3 safties and Hall could replace MD.

6. Kenny Tate S/OLB hybrid Maryland
Heck of an athletic and Capers will find a way to blitz him and cover TE

7. Bruce Taylor MLB V-Tech
Depth

Let me know thoughts...
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OnWisconsin mock v.1 ... Still seeing giant blue Reply with quote

OnWisconsin wrote:
J-Mike stays... we have some holes and J-Mike is not the biggest one. He still makes me mad with some of the drops but can't fix everything in one draft.

I actually wouldn mind it, pushing back the need for a joker TE til next year.
Quote:
2. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Big play threat just like Cobb but can run deep and stop on a dime in route running. Perfect GB WR.

Not quite. He's more of a slot guy. Our prototype is 6'2 200 and can play any WR position.
Quote:
3. Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
Big hauler.... wouldnt TJ Travis ans Sit look great in the middle.... thats some huge bodies in the trenches. As you can tell I think oline is a problem but now fixed I think.

I think he should go back to guard personally: he's a bit slow getting up off the snap. Wouldn't really mind it though, he's a much better option than some I can think of.
Quote:
4. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
I think Green is not good hasn't shown much and Starks is looking better but not great... I think Barner runs harder than given credit for and can take it to the house.
That's because he didn't face many "elite" defenses. Not entirely sure he would fit our system.
Quote:
4 comp. Jordan Reed TE Florida
Is Aaron Herandez... I like his talent

Is not a #1 TE. If there is one thing we don't need, it's more back-up TE
Quote:
6. Kenny Tate S/OLB hybrid Maryland
Heck of an athletic and Capers will find a way to blitz him and cover TE

He projects to SILB in our system and is already a bit slow without the extra 10 lbs he would need to pick up.
Quote:
7. Bruce Taylor MLB V-Tech
Depth
Great instincts but lead feet

Last edited by HyponGrey on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnWisconsin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant his route running for Austin
Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft, although I would like to see what Sherod can do at T. Also EDS at center would be worth a look, I'm no scout but people on the boards here seem to like EDS at center.

What does the WR class look like this year? I know Tavon Austin just broke the school record he previously set last year. I would think he would be the first Receiver taken in this daft, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether or not he would be around in middle to late second round.

Otherwise wouldn't mind this draft at all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:
I like the draft, although I would like to see what Sherod can do at T. Also EDS at center would be worth a look, I'm no scout but people on the boards here seem to like EDS at center.

What does the WR class look like this year? I know Tavon Austin just broke the school record he previously set last year. I would think he would be the first Receiver taken in this daft, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether or not he would be around in middle to late second round.

Otherwise wouldn't mind this draft at all.

Its about 70-30 on EDS but the 30 (me included) don't ever want to see him start.

Decent speed this year with some height. Austin is a lot like Desean Jackson. He gets devalued because he's short and because of the conference. There are better options out there who fit us much more comfortably.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: