Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Options (Revised)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Option is the Best?
Option 1
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Option 2
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Option 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Option 4
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

11sanchez11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just based on positions (don't know much about most of these guys) either 2 or 4, went with 4.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones is my top choice (besides Geno) and I hope he falls to wherever we pick, but i have concerns with his medical history. Damontre Moore is my close second choice and i would still love the pick. If Te'o was the pick I really wouldnt mind it though

If I had the option of 1 of the 3:

Jones
Moore
Te'o
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for #4. If the team can add a franchise LT they have to do it.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to grab Jones and Moore.

The idea of trading back is appealing to me as well, but hard to project this far out.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like parts of all options, where is that button to select?
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda cooling off on Te'o as I watch more closely. Most of his interceptions are just him being in he right place at the right time. His angles are bad. I love Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore, and the more I see of Bjoern Werner, the more I like. I wouldnt be disappointed with any of those guys.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I'm kinda cooling off on Te'o as I watch more closely. Most of his interceptions are just him being in he right place at the right time. His angles are bad.

Bingo.

I was one of the first guys here to suggest taking Teo in the 1st round (I'll even pull the post up if you like), way back in September/October but if you take all of the outside opinions with a complete grain of salt, I mean truly ignore them, then sit down and just watch the tape uninterrupted....you see a pretty average football player.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I'm kinda cooling off on Te'o as I watch more closely. Most of his interceptions are just him being in he right place at the right time. His angles are bad.

Bingo.

I was one of the first guys here to suggest taking Teo in the 1st round (I'll even pull the post up if you like), way back in September/October but if you take all of the outside opinions with a complete grain of salt, I mean truly ignore them, then sit down and just watch the tape uninterrupted....you see a pretty average football player.

What are your opinions on Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner? What round do you see Jonathan Cooper and Barrett Jones taken in?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Bingo.

And I have been saying that the entire time.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Barrett Jones or Jonathan Cooper are not around by the time we pick in the 2nd, how to you all feel about drafting DJ Fluker round 2 (assuming he declares)? Slide him inside to RG?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
If Barrett Jones or Jonathan Cooper are not around by the time we pick in the 2nd, how to you all feel about drafting DJ Fluker round 2 (assuming he declares)? Slide him inside to RG?

I am not a fan of post draft positional changes, that is not to say Fluker could not do it, but more to say I would not want to make him do it.

If you wnat an underrated interior offensive line prospect give me Patrick Lewis at Texas A&M. 6-2 312, 20 odd starts at RG his Freshman and Sophomore years and has started his Junior and Senior seasons at C. He went the entire 2011 year without a bad snap in his first ever season starting at the position.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I am not a fan of post draft positional changes, that is not to say Fluker could not do it, but more to say I would not want to make him do it.

If you wnat an underrated interior offensive line prospect give me Patrick Lewis at Texas A&M. 6-2 312, 20 odd starts at RG his Freshman and Sophomore years and has started his Junior and Senior seasons at C. He went the entire 2011 year without a bad snap in his first ever season starting at the position.

Very good find Khodder. Seems he was a solid high school recruit as well. No. 4 C and No. 2 strongest OL in 2009 by Rivals.com. He didn't get too many big offers but to start forty some games at an up and coming Texas A&M program is impressive. Also like a C that can add some power to the run game.

Did you just read his A&M profile or did you actually watch his play? I never noticed him watching A&M but I was completely focused on Joeckel and Matthews. My attention span can be spread any further than that lol
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Did you just read his A&M profile or did you actually watch his play? I never noticed him watching A&M but I was completely focused on Joeckel and Matthews. My attention span can be spread any further than that lol

He looked pretty good against Florida and Missouri. Teams that boast the likes of Sharif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson at the DT spot.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

He looked pretty good against Florida and Missouri. Teams that boast the likes of Sharif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson at the DT spot.

He's not highly ranked on any board I've seen. Seems like a good 3rd day pick to me that addresses a dire need for depth at two spots (C/RG).
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Bingo.

What are your opinions on Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner? What round do you see Jonathan Cooper and Barrett Jones taken in?

1. Jarvis Jones: Easily the most explosive defender in this draft class but the spinal stenosis thing is alive and real. I don't know what I'd do if he were on the board for us and the clock was running. The medicals will be huge.
2. Damontre Moore: Love him. Put on a Texas A&M tape and then drink a shot of whiskey every time you see him around the football. On second thought, don't do that. You may die. The kid's constantly around the football, constantly in on the action. Non-stop motor. Wide array of pass rush moves. Fully engaged in the run game. He's the real deal.
3. Bjoern Werner: Didn't watch a single FSU game this season, I don't think. I don't like to comment on players I haven't seen. DJ watches FSU religiously though and he doubts his ability to play in a 3-4. I'm taking his word for it. I'll watch him closely at the combine.
4. Jonathan Cooper: I would think he goes in the latter end of round 1, very early part of day 2 but Tony Pauline noted that scouts are throwing out top 15 potential for him. I'm not sure where he goes.
5. Barrett Jones: Quote me if you want but Barrett Jones is gonna surprise people on draft day in terms of where he goes. He's simply too good, too smart, too versatile and he works too damn hard to slide into the 40s the way a lot of people think he will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: