Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Would a 23 year old male enjoy living in Centennial, Colorado?

Yeah I don't see why not. It's in the southeastern suburbs, about 20 minutes from downtown. It's more of a family-oriented town, a "bedroom" community if you will (meaning a standard suburb where most people commute either to downtown or the tech center for work).

Plus, wherever you are in Centennial you're about a 5 minute drive to Dove Valley so you can go to Broncos training camp every day in August!

NextBigThing wrote:
I may have to choose between it and San Diego. I am a beach guy. There are other reasons I like Colorado, but...what do you all do in the summer for fun? Laughing

& are there many young people? I know nobody out there Embarassed

Yeah there are a lot of young professionals in Denver. If you move here, join the Facebook group Denver Young Professionals, my sister is in it and they do a lot of events and get-togethers. Good way to meet new people, especially of the female variety, and network for your career. The cost of living will be A LOT lower than San Diego. Summers in Colorado are very nice; mid-80s to mid-90s (and occasional low-100s, ~ 5 days a year) most days from May through September.

Coming from the East Coast you'll find the winters here are lot better than in the northeast. Yeah it will be mid-30s to low-50s each day but it will be clear and sunny. We will get a snow storm but once it moves out (1-2 days) it will clear up and be sunny and mild.

There's lots to do downtown in the summer - Rockies games, lots of concerts, great bar/club scene and awesome restaurants. The mountains are right there; you can get to Breckinridge, which has a good downtown area with a microbrewery, in about an hour's drive up I-70. In the winter, if you want to deal with the crazy traffic and spend the $$$, there's skiing and/or snowboarding. I'm a rare bird - I'm a live-long Coloradoan and I don't do winter sports. I've been snowboarding maybe a dozen times in my life. For me, I hate getting up early, when it's freezing cold and fighting crazy ski traffic up I-70 in bad weather and spend a small fortune on the mountain. But a lot of people love it and it's always really easy to meet some snow bunnies. Wink

NextBigThing wrote:
I also work in finance. Im glad there will be things to do, are folks generally friendly to newbs? And how are the biddies?

I worked in finance for 4 years right out of college. I worked downtown on 17th street, an area dubbed "Wall Street of the West" and lived in Westminster (a north western suburb). It was a good life, I made a lot of money, made a lot of friends and, aside from corporate rat race lifestyle I hated, had an enjoyable 4 years.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am 23, recent college grad, I'd be moving out there from Massachusetts. Know nobody. Are there many people my age? Is it a good place for young people to build their careers?

Yes very much. Like I said join that Young Professionals group on Facebook. You'll meet a lot of people your age working in finance. At my company (of about 900 employees) there were at least 100 people who it was their first grown up job out of college and as such we were all in the kind of the same point in our lives. Everyone was part of the larger group and we would head out for happy hours after work, go to games and bars together, go skiing/snowboarding in the winter, go to summer concerts, etc. You'll really enjoy it.

I see. I will keep all that in mind, thank you very much for the info. Wink
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=743&f=847111

I respect Mac for his 12 years here but he needs to shut up and go away, the letter part was fine but his race rant and everything after is stupid. He just burned his legacy to the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shag'n on a shag carpet, equals poetry.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von gave an adidas outfit to Orlando Franklin to wear to the Nuggets game. How the hell does someone 6'7 330 fit into clothes made for a guy that's 6'3 237?
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some advice. Because Brees sucked Thursday night. I need a big day from my WR's on FF.

I got Demariyus, Stokley, Welker, Blackmon, Andre Johnson. I can start three. Which three?

Also, CJ Spiller or Mikel LeShoure?
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting a new laptop here soon, any suggestions?

I currently have a Dell Inspiron and have had it since 2007. It has been a really good computer. All but 1 of my friends have went through a laptop since graduating HS. The only other person that hasn't also has a Dell Inspiron. The one i have now is starting to run pretty slow and freezes quite often.

Anyway, i don't really keep up to date on that stuff and was just wondering what out there is worth spending money on.

Last edited by germ-x on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

I currently have a Dell Inspiron and have had it since 2007. It has been a really good computer. All but 1 of my friends have went through a laptop since graduating HS. The only other person that hasn't also has a Dell Inspiron.

Anyway, i don't really keep up to date on that stuff and was just wondering what out there is worth spending money on.

Dell is always good. Maybe not the best, but it's like buying a Honda, you know what you are getting and it will last.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

I currently have a Dell Inspiron and have had it since 2007. It has been a really good computer. All but 1 of my friends have went through a laptop since graduating HS. The only other person that hasn't also has a Dell Inspiron. The one i have now is starting to run pretty slow and freezes quite often.

I used to buy Dell and liked them. About 6 years ago though I bought a HP. It ran great and last year I replaced it with a new one. (the old one was obsolete) Anyway, they're cheaper and easier to get. WalMart stocks them.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I used to buy Dell and liked them. About 6 years ago though I bought a HP. It ran great and last year I replaced it with a new one. (the old one was obsolete) Anyway, they're cheaper and easier to get. WalMart stocks them.

My sister has an HP and she really likes it. I'll have to get on the net and do some looking as well.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

My sister has an HP and she really likes it. I'll have to get on the net and do some looking as well.

newegg is a good place to start

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

newegg is a good place to start

Alright, thanks.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

I had a hp pavilion and it lasted 3 years. I had to change the hard drive once and the second time it was dead.

Right now I have MacBook Pro. Perfect for me as a student, doesn't overheat, doesn't have to worry about antivirus, battery last long (not like my HP...)

Never going back to PC. PCs are better for gaming but I don't play any.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I had a hp pavilion and it lasted 3 years. I had to change the hard drive once and the second time it was dead.

Right now I have MacBook Pro. Perfect for me as a student, doesn't overheat, doesn't have to worry about antivirus, battery last long (not like my HP...)

Never going back to PC. PCs are better for gaming but I don't play any.

I'm in the same boat as you and thankfully for those cross/multi-platform games, they keep producing more of those. steam ftw!

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I finish school I'll probably move back to a PC but as of now a laptop works perfectly for me, I plan on getting an iPad when I start working as an ATC.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM GONNA GET YOU SUCKA.

One of the best movies, ever.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 37 of 100

Jump to: