Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JCam's Packers Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: JCam's Packers Mock Offseason Reply with quote

I would appreciate any and all feedback. I will update this when good suggestions are made. Let me know if there are any discrepancies in expected draft position and where I have these guys. Thanks in advance....

PACKERS MOCK OFFSEASON 2013

End of season/Playoffs: Packers finish 12-4 and take division in a tie-breaker scenario after sweeping the Bears. They snag the #3 seed and go on a beautiful playoff run, taking out the Seahawks/Niners/Giants on their way to the big one. The result of the Super Bowl will not be discussed but we pick at the very very very end of the 1st......

Released/Not Re-Signed: Benson, Saturday, Francois

Retired: D. Driver

Restructured: C. Woodson

Re-Signed: S. Shields, E. Walden, T. Crabtree, G. Jennings (franchise tag), E. Dietrich-Smith, B. Jones

Offseason Moves: The Packers trade their 1st round pick for Tim Tebow.....but not really. We all know Ted. Nothing to see here, folks.

2013 NFL DRAFT

1) Barrett Jones - RS Senior - OT - Alabama - 6'4"/305 lbs

I know, I know. This has become the generic pick, but that is simply because it makes perfect sense. While Jones doesn't have the highest of ceilings, he is very polished and NFL-ready. He will be a great addition to the OL from the start with his versatility, having started 4 of 5 positions on the line. With him and EDS in the rotation for the future, the Pack have a lot of options and pieces to toy with to see what works.

2) Sylvester Williams - Senior - NT - North Carolina - 6'3"/320 lbs

With a number of expiring contracts on the horizon, TT makes a value move which also helps for future needs. Williams is a big, strong NT who can start his career by helping to spell Raji while also learning the game from a Pro-Bowler. A great pick for the rotation and Williams will also help the interior pass rush, having already shown the skills necessary to produce in that area.

3) CJ Fiedorowicz - Junior - TE - Iowa - 6'6"/265 lbs

While a popular opinion right now is that the Pack should rid themselves of the headache Finley has become, J-Mike sticks around to play out his contract after making some contributions to our "deep deep playoff run." With plans to let him move on following the 2013-14 season, TT drafts Fiedorowicz to groom for the future. While still very raw as a prospect, Fiedorowicz is a great athlete with tremendous upside. He is also a great blocker and can help out in the run game. I see this being one of those picks that makes ya smile a few years down the road...something we know TT can do.

4) Ricky Wagner - RS Senior - OT - Wisconsin - 6'6"/318 lbs

Wagner doesn't have to travel far from college to the NFL to join his new team. TT goes with another OL rotation guy and another raw talent for the future. Wagner has played on the left and right side and will provide solid depth at the OT spot from the gate. He needs some time to develop further but Wagner is a great athlete for his size (originally played basketball and put on weight to play OL). With some uncertainty regarding the future due to injuries to both Bulaga and Sherrod, Wagner can be groomed for the future and has the ability to be the force in the run game we've all been waiting on.

4) DeVonte Holloman - Senior - OLB - South Carolina - 6'2"/241 lbs

Another great athlete and raw prospect. How could you not want a guy who you could immediately nickname "Hollow Man". Kevin Bacon rules. Holloman has played some SS for the Gamecocks until he bulked up without losing much (if any) speed. He was then converted to play at their hybrid pass-rusher position, where he has shown a lot of potential. His coverage experience will help the Pack defend the intermediate pass and stop giving up those 3rd and longs. Hollow Man can also develop into a rotational pass rusher for the edge in Dom's scheme and w/ his athletic ability/upside, I wouldn't be surprised to see him become more.

5) Marcus Davis - RS Senior - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4"/232 lbs

With Jennings/Finley only under contract for one more year and Driver retiring, more vertical threats are needed. With the size added in this draft, the Packers will become an even more potent and dangerous passing attack than they already are. Davis is a big-bodied wideout with great speed (4.47 40) and burst, especially for his size. It wouldn't take long for him to get involved in the passing game and hopefully become a favorite target of Rodgers.

6) Rex Burkhead - Senior - RB - Nebraska - 5'11"/210 lbs

One of my personal favorite value guys this year, Burkhead is a guy who could slip because of some injury issues he has dealt with this year. Burkhead is a very balanced runner who does everything well. He compares favorably to a poor-man's Matt Forte. I think he has the power and vision needed to excel in a ZBS like Green Bay's. With Benson gone after this season, TT brings in a underestimated talent (8+ ypc this season) who slipped because of a nagging injury in his last season at Nebraska. He can immediately provide some competition in camp at RB, but I expect him to do more than that. Burkhead is also a great pass-catcher out of the backfield who can get involved early and often.

7) Kapron Lewis-Moore - RS Senior - DE - Notre Dame - 6'4"/306 lbs

A talented 3-4 DE who has dealt with some injuries as of late, Lewis-Moore is an integral part of a stout Notre Dame defensive unit and can eventually grow into the same for the Packers. A guy I expected to be overlooked come draft day after being overshadowed by some teammates, TT sees great value and snatches him up in the late late late 7th to cap off a great GB draft.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!

Last edited by JCamGOPACKGO on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jleisher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with it, not bad. I think with the injuries on OL, TT will focus on that in the draft. My gut is telling me that Sherrod and Bulaga may be lost for awhile still.
PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt a 230 lb safety will be playing OLB for us.

But other than that it looks good.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:

But other than that it looks good.

I can understand that, although he is 241 and not a safety anymore. At that weight, it isn't unreasonable to project him as a 3-4 OLB...If I'm not mistaken he has already been used a lot as a hybrid pass-rusher at South Carolina. Clay is 255 lbs at OLB.. So if we drafted him, he would put on more weight while we develop him to join the rotation.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
I can understand that, although he is 241 and not a safety anymore. At that weight, it isn't unreasonable to project him as a 3-4 OLB...
Dom Capers wrote:
With Bradís size, when youíre outside and youíre going against 320 pound tackles all day, we felt that he was better suited (to move inside) because, No. 1, heís a good football player, you see that show up in his special teams ability.......Heís doing a good job with the calls inside now, so I just think his body type ó heís a lean guy thatís probably in the high 230s, 240 and when heís off the ball, he can run and hit, and he gives us a guy who can rush the passer a little bit.
Capers yesterday FWIW
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it you don't like the Hollow Man pick...might switch that one then. But I still feel Holloman could be an impact guy at OLB if he put on 10-15. (Walden is only 250)

Any thoughts on the rest of the mock justo?

justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
So I take it you don't like the Hollow Man pick...might switch that one then. But I still feel Holloman could be an impact guy at OLB if he put on 10-15. (Walden is only 250)

Any thoughts on the rest of the mock justo?

Been a huge fan of Barrett Jones pretty much all year. Really like that probably is going to earn 3 All SEC team selections at T, G, and C.

Sylvester is a good body but I'm not sure the talent is there for the pick. I'm not sure there is a true 3-4 NT in this draft I would take that early that will be there. Pretty much would have to be top 10 or late rounds for a NT project. That tOSU guy is going back to school I guess too so that only lessens the talent pool for enormous human beings.

I like Fiedorowicz but I don't get why people think TE's a huge need TBH. Not every team can have game breaking TE's. I know it's a great thing to add to the team but there are plenty of TE projects that make it late. No se. I like Fiedorowicz though. Maybe not the slot but I like the player.

Haven't seen Wagner at all this year, but if he looks like scouts project him to look and how he looked last year then I see no problem with an interior lineman.

Marcus Davis was the kid that tore up last week, right? I have been catching glimpses of VT all year, but I honestly don't pay too much attention to WR. It's so hard to see anything they do so I don't try to even keep up.

I don't like Burkhead that much. I think he's a UDFA, but either way.

KLM is meh but a good late project.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Marcus Davis was the kid that tore up last week, right? I have been catching glimpses of VT all year, but I honestly don't pay too much attention to WR. It's so hard to see anything they do so I don't try to even keep up.

http://youtu.be/GeY0-uKcWqk
He's Finley!
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
justo wrote:

He's Finley!

that's absolutely embarrassing, but its coachable... kid has obvious talent with the ball though
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
justo wrote:
justo wrote:

He's Finley!

that's absolutely embarrassing, but its coachable... kid has obvious talent with the ball though
No offense to Hokie, but that has too often been a problem under Beamer, all flash, no physical substance. One of the softest major programs in the nation. No way that flies in the NFL, he telegraphs the play to the defense, and I don't believe he will change. Sure, it's "coachable" if the player wants to change, but when you're already a wide receiver and you avoid the little contact asked of you, you're already half way to full fledged prima donna, the league has seen more then it's share of soft wide receivers and they don't change. Even physical freaks like Moss proved to be the cancerous undoing of many a teams and coaches at his teammates expense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nailed it--except I need another QB somewhere to compete. We need to find a way to upgrade Harrell. Whether its a 2-3-4 round pick or a late guy to push Coleman over him--we gotta get better there.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I like Fiedorowicz but I don't get why people think TE's a huge need TBH. Not every team can have game breaking TE's. I know it's a great thing to add to the team but there are plenty of TE projects that make it late. No se. I like Fiedorowicz though. Maybe not the slot but I like the player.

I don't like Burkhead that much. I think he's a UDFA, but either way.

Because Fin is our matchup man at TE, its something that needs to be replaced.

I don't like him either. Glass legs.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:

Glass legs? Really? He sprained a ligament this year and has been healthy until that happened. So he gets hurt once...misses more time than he usually would because Abdullah is a capable replacement n they had the luxury of letting him get to 100% before bringing him back (much like this week with Jennings), and all of a sudden he has glass legs? No comprende

HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Glass legs? Really? He sprained a ligament this year and has been healthy until that happened. So he gets hurt once...misses more time than he usually would because Abdullah is a capable replacement n they had the luxury of letting him get to 100% before bringing him back (much like this week with Jennings), and all of a sudden he has glass legs? No comprende
Thought he had some nagging injuries last year too
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Wagner carries a 2-3 grade with most places I checked, so it's hard for me to see him dropping to the late 4. Stranger things have happened though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: