Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolni's 1st 2013 mock offseason---UPDATE on 2nd page!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see how they can change offensive systems after the statements they made. Hard to get players to buy in if your are changing the whole philosphy the very next season. Defense is a little different because its more hybrid this year. But vertical passing/PBS and WCO/ZBS are two completly different things.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I just dont see how they can change offensive systems after the statements they made. Hard to get players to buy in if your are changing the whole philosphy the very next season. Defense is a little different because its more hybrid this year. But vertical passing/PBS and WCO/ZBS are two completly different things.

Since when have we been running a hybrid defense? 4 man front, 2 deep safeties, CB's playing off every play from what I have seen.
#clueless
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Since when have we been running a hybrid defense? 4 man front, 2 deep safeties, CB's playing off every play from what I have seen.

Then you should rewatch some tape...we run some 3 man front's...with more DB's or simply one of the DE is standing up...

Pat Shurmur would be a solid option since he is a WC, so you don't have to change the concept...
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Then you should rewatch some tape...we run some 3 man front's...with more DB's or simply one of the DE is standing up...

Pat Shurmur would be a solid option since he is a WC, so you don't have to change the concept...

How many plays a game do we play a 3 man front? Enough to call us a hybrid defense? Really?
#clueless
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

How many plays a game do we play a 3 man front? Enough to call us a hybrid defense? Really?

you wrote that we play 4 man front on every play...that's not true and I wrote that...I haven't wrote about hybrid...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

you wrote that we play 4 man front on every play...that's not true and I wrote that...I haven't wrote about hybrid...

Yeah, we just ask a dlineman to stand up once in a while.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, here is my updated mock offseason:

Coaching:
Marty Mornhinweg who was interviewed last year for the HC job comes in as the new OC after Andy Reid and co. Is fired in Philly.
Tarver remains as the DC, cause no vet wanna come here to run DA's D.

Resignings:
Wheeler 4y 12M 4M SB
Bryant 5y 18M 6M SB
Hanson 3y 8M
Myers 3y 6M
Goodson 2y 2,5M
Parsons 3y 3,5M
Barnes 1y 1,25M
Carter 1y 1M
Spencer 1y 900K
Mitchell 1y 780K
Gaither 1y 800K
Adams ERFA
Stewart ERFA
King ERFA

Cut, void, unsign (notable):
Seymour
Kelly
McClain
Goethel
Tollefson
Shaughnessy

Extension:
DHB 7721000 2880000 10601000 original
2013 900000 4585250 5485250 restruct.
2014 1000000 1705250 2705250 add years
2015 1000000 1705250 2705250 add years
2016 1000000 1705250 2705250 add years

FA signings:
Glenn Dorsey DT 4y 16M, 4M SB
Brad Jones MLB 3y 9M fizu
Ryan Harris OT 1y 750K

DRAFT:
Picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 7th

1st Damontre Moore DE 4y 22M 16M SB
3rd Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
4th Brennan Williams OT
6th Anthony Rashad White DT
7th Michael Mauti LB
7th Travis Howard CB

I can't really see any trade for us right now...

I calculated with 16.812.284 dead money. I was able to get it under the cap without touching Huff, Branch, Palmer...

Depth Chart:
QB: Palmer, Pryor
RB: DMC, Goodson, Stewart, Jones(ST)
FB: Reece, Olawale
TE: Myers, Ausberry, Gordon
WR: DHB, Moore, Ford, Streater, Criner
OL: Veldheer, Bergstrom, Wiz, Brisiel, Barnes, Ryan, Williams, Parsons, Nix
DL: Houston, Bryant, Dorsey, Moore, Crawford, Bilukidi, White, Carter
LB: Wheeler, Jones, Burris, Keenan, Gaither, Burnett, Mauti
CB: Adams, Spencer, Hanson, Blidi, Chekwa, Howard
S: Huff, Branch, Mitchell, Ross
ST: Jano, Condo, King

That would be my 53 man roster.

Little improved OL, better chemistry between Palmer and the recievers, overall better running game, which is because of the better OL and the new OC, OL coach...
More disciplined front 7 against the run, and finally some pass rush!
The pass rush and the more disciplined LB cover work (Burris mature, new MLB) help out the secondary. Huff and Branch gives us a solid last line, they can help out the not yet great CB's...

This is the best overall improvement I can think of right now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: