Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jammal Brown to be placed on IR; World keeps spinning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
And while Polumbus has played well, I hope the FO does not see him as the fit.

We need to shore up that right side with a mauling run blocker. Preferrably in the draft and not FA.

Preferrably, Jeremy Trueblood. He is playing as a back up in Tampa, he is young, and is paid like a starter, so IMO, lets make him one.
i think Polumbus has been average at best. I agree in round 2 or 3 we should be looking at Rt prospects. I agree with you about Trueblood but his problem has been staying healthy from what I remember. I wouldnt want to make the same mistake again. Give starter money to a glass tackle who won't be 100% most of the time.

It's best to find someone else through the draft.

I do agree with others that Compton was a steal in round 6. He could very well develop into a starter next year or within a few years. Still, I wouldn't count on that though. If look to draft someone in the mid rounds.

Damn... Ugh I wish we still had Big "Willie" Style Smith to develop! Ugh Twisted Evil

You are going to get your heart broke.......Polumbus/compton is our future IMHO
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
And while Polumbus has played well, I hope the FO does not see him as the fit.

We need to shore up that right side with a mauling run blocker. Preferrably in the draft and not FA.

Preferrably, Jeremy Trueblood. He is playing as a back up in Tampa, he is young, and is paid like a starter, so IMO, lets make him one.
i think Polumbus has been average at best. I agree in round 2 or 3 we should be looking at Rt prospects. I agree with you about Trueblood but his problem has been staying healthy from what I remember. I wouldnt want to make the same mistake again. Give starter money to a glass tackle who won't be 100% most of the time.

It's best to find someone else through the draft.

I do agree with others that Compton was a steal in round 6. He could very well develop into a starter next year or within a few years. Still, I wouldn't count on that though. If look to draft someone in the mid rounds.

Damn... Ugh I wish we still had Big "Willie" Style Smith to develop! Ugh Twisted Evil

Except Big "Willie" Smith was some bootie...
I'd still Rather have a 23 year old bootie that looked half way decent at LT the last month of last year than a 27 year old RT looking like some bootie most of the year.

The 23 year old player would still be developing and improving in our system. Also, the 23 year old player is 245,000 dollars cheaper.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I'd think his career is done .. sad.
NcSkippy is still our worst move..

This.

They really needed Jammal Brown, and the FA market for tackles is turrible. It will mean that the Redskins FO has to move on from J.Brown absent a convincing off-season, and he will have to be the June 1st cut because of his salary.

This move was made because of the Jeremy Jarmon selection. If they have that third rounder in 2010, I think they can get a starter in that draft - Jon Asomuah and Jared Veldheer were selected with the two picks after Washington's forfeited slot.

If J.Brown remained healthy for at least most of this season, trading a third and getting a fifth back would have been more than worth a three year solution to an important position. Just a bad hip injury that lingered and had complications along the way.

EDIT: I still wouldn't be shocked to see him return next season. In my view, rounds 2,3 and 4 should be devoted to the secondary because it is a strength of this draft and that is when they will be taken. I would wait until 2014 to get the RT even though I question whether Shanahan will devote a high pick to the RT position.

So--U hold no hope that Compton ( or is it Crompton --)might grow into the starter at that position. Haven't read a word about any growth he's shown in practice or otherwise.

I do hold out hope that he can become a quality reserve, or potentially a starter at RT. But, he's a project and we're probably looking at sometime in 2014 if he ends up a starter.

The fact they are paying him his rookie salary (as of now) even though he is not on the roster is a good indication that they think he is part of the future. You let him know that he has a future with the team, and pay him like he is on the 53 roster.

Even if a team comes calling, they won't be offering him more money, so why leave if he has a future spot? He surely knows that Jordan Black isn't making the roster next year, and who knows whether Mo Hurt will be around. This is a good place for him to be, and surely he is smart enough to realize that, and the Redskins are smart enough to take money out of the equation.

I know I repeated myself, but I applaud the FO for this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: