Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carter to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2933
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Tis a sad day when it is only November and I am already looking at and creating mock drafts. Tis a sad day indeed. Our season is over 2/3rd's of the way thru.

The bright side, perhaps J.J. will realize, with no legit shot at the post season, he can begin to address out 3 biggest needs, OL, DL, S, on paper of course.


Other than finding a real NT, what needs to be addressed on the DL?

At DE, Kenyon Coleman will likely be gone as well as Marcus Spears. That leaves us with Jason Hatcher and Sean Lissemore. They are no J.J. Watt, but they are solid starters. Behind them, we have Tyrone Crawford, who is a rookie with potential and Ben Bass, who is just kinda there. Yes, we could use a little more depth, but that can be addressed in later rounds.

At NT, we have Jay Ratliff and like it or not, he isn't moving to DE. Behind him we have Josh Brent, who is solid but not spectacular. We are OK at NT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a real NT like B.J. Raji, but it ain't gonna happen.

So, other than a little more depth at DE, we aren't going to be doing much to the DL.


There are some solid 34 defensive lineman in free agency though.

Terrance Knighton, Randy Starks, Glenn Dorsey and Israel Idonije.

I wouldn't mind bringing one of them in.


Exactly. We have to do something about our D line. Offenses have figured out they have nothing, absolutley nothing to fear from our front 3. No matter who is starting. I watched SF get TONS of pressure on NO with their front 3, after NO was shutting them down for the 1st quarter and giving Brees all day to throw.
Once they started gettig to him, that was it, he was off his game. The great Drew Brees was made to look ordinary.

I know the LB's also got there, but our DL dosen't even come close. That is why D Ware is always doing his "bull in a bullfight" impression....OLE! The opposing offenses have figured him out. With no pressure coming from upfront, they simply let him come from the outside and basically put someone in front of him to escort him right past the reciever, using his own momentum against him.

Of course the QB has little to worry about because no one is coming up the middle. He can survey the field and throw to his reciever of choice. Just imagine how awesome Ware and Spencer could be if we had a player to push the middle of the pocket back or a DE that could collapse the edges. Think of what our secondary would look like with a QB forcing bad throws. OMG it makes your mouth water!

No, I have to disagree with HT. We need some ARSE KICKERS up front. Ratliff is finished. We cannot continue to rely on a player at a position that is really the catalyst for the entire 3/4 defense, if he cannot be on the field for every game.


Last edited by Rtnldave on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3449
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Tis a sad day when it is only November and I am already looking at and creating mock drafts. Tis a sad day indeed. Our season is over 2/3rd's of the way thru.

The bright side, perhaps J.J. will realize, with no legit shot at the post season, he can begin to address out 3 biggest needs, OL, DL, S, on paper of course.


At NT, we have Jay Ratliff and like it or not, he isn't moving to DE. Behind him we have Josh Brent, who is solid but not spectacular. We are OK at NT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a real NT like B.J. Raji, but it ain't gonna happen.

So, other than a little more depth at DE, we aren't going to be doing much to the DL.


I think Jerry was considering drafting Dontari Poe this year to replace Ratliff so I don't think it's out of the question for him to do so next year.

Since there are no OL or QBs worthy of being drafted in the Top 10 for the Cowboys, they should select one of the two highly rated NT's or trade down a couple of spots and take Warmack.

One thing I hope JJ doesn't do is draft an OLB in the 1st round.
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roysmyboy31


Moderator
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 20131
Location: NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our season already was not going well and this will probably sink us completely. Defense looks like it is trending downwards now and our offense is not reliable due to the issues up front.
_________________
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
College Football: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NHL: New York Rangers
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24347
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With carter and lee gone, outside linebacker Anthony spencer will call the defensive signals. Says a lot about him


https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/273235473953067008

Wow. Unexpected. I figured Connor would be the one. I am starting to believe Spencer will be re-signed.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9814
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
With carter and lee gone, outside linebacker Anthony spencer will call the defensive signals. Says a lot about him


https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/273235473953067008

Wow. Unexpected. I figured Connor would be the one. I am starting to believe Spencer will be re-signed.


Even at $9-11M+ per?
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24347
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
With carter and lee gone, outside linebacker Anthony spencer will call the defensive signals. Says a lot about him


https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/273235473953067008

Wow. Unexpected. I figured Connor would be the one. I am starting to believe Spencer will be re-signed.


Even at $9-11M+ per?


Note - not what I want. But his play had been undeniable. We were hurting when he was injured. And now he knows the defense well enough to be our play caller? A lot of signs point to him becoming a priority for Dallas.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 3268
Location: J.J. Wilcox fan club headquarters
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Tis a sad day when it is only November and I am already looking at and creating mock drafts. Tis a sad day indeed. Our season is over 2/3rd's of the way thru.

The bright side, perhaps J.J. will realize, with no legit shot at the post season, he can begin to address out 3 biggest needs, OL, DL, S, on paper of course.


Other than finding a real NT, what needs to be addressed on the DL?

At DE, Kenyon Coleman will likely be gone as well as Marcus Spears. That leaves us with Jason Hatcher and Sean Lissemore. They are no J.J. Watt, but they are solid starters. Behind them, we have Tyrone Crawford, who is a rookie with potential and Ben Bass, who is just kinda there. Yes, we could use a little more depth, but that can be addressed in later rounds.

At NT, we have Jay Ratliff and like it or not, he isn't moving to DE. Behind him we have Josh Brent, who is solid but not spectacular. We are OK at NT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a real NT like B.J. Raji, but it ain't gonna happen.

So, other than a little more depth at DE, we aren't going to be doing much to the DL.


There are some solid 34 defensive lineman in free agency though.

Terrance Knighton, Randy Starks, Glenn Dorsey and Israel Idonije.

I wouldn't mind bringing one of them in.


Exactly. We have to do something about our D line. Offenses have figured out they have nothing, absolutley nothing to fear from our front 3. No matter who is starting. I watched SF get TONS of pressure on NO with their front 3, after NO was shutting them down for the 1st quarter and giving Brees all day to throw.
Once they started gettig to him, that was it, he was off his game. The great Drew Brees was made to look ordinary.

I know the LB's also got there, but our DL dosen't even come close. That is why D Ware is always doing his "bull in a bullfight" impression....OLE! The opposing offenses have figured him out. With no pressure coming from upfront, they simply let him come from the outside and basically put someone in front of him to escort him right past the reciever, using his own momentum against him.

Of course the QB has little to worry about because no one is coming up the middle. He can survey the field and throw to his reciever of choice. Just imagine how awesome Ware and Spencer could be if we had a player to push the middle of the pocket back or a DE that could collapse the edges. Think of what our secondary would look like with a QB forcing bad throws. OMG it makes your mouth water!

No, I have to disagree with HT. We need some ARSE KICKERS up front. Ratliff is finished. We cannot continue to rely on a player at a position that is really the catalyst for the entire 3/4 defense, if he cannot be on the field for every game.


I disagree that Ratliff is done, I disagree that Ware has been figured out, and I disagree that our front three don't even come close to getting pressure. I think, when healthy, Ratliff is still a beast, and I think Hatcher is serviceable. Hatcher has more sacks than Justin Smith does this year. Smith is obviously better overall, but Hatcher has been doing his part to get to the QB this year from the 3-4 DE position. I would rather add a player from FA than use our draft picks on a DE. It would be nice to have a Justin Smith caliber DE opposite Hatcher and Ratliff.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24347
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen, our latest LBer:

"I was in what you would call Batman shape, meaning, when I get the call, boom, I put the mask on and Im gone. So I got the mask on and here I am.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/11/on-being-batman-busting-through-doors-jerry-jones-driving-the-machine-its-brady-poppingas-first-day-.html#storylink=cpy
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27650
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's a little crazy...great Laughing
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 3268
Location: J.J. Wilcox fan club headquarters
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, our latest LBer:

"I was in what you would call Batman shape, meaning, when I get the call, boom, I put the mask on and Im gone. So I got the mask on and here I am.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/11/on-being-batman-busting-through-doors-jerry-jones-driving-the-machine-its-brady-poppingas-first-day-.html#storylink=cpy


Literally just watched that interview.

And yes he appears to be a bit crazy.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37414
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather throw a bone to Aaron Curry. He looked good last year. His problem is that he is apparently of low intelligence. Maybe Bruce Lee can whip him into shape though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group