Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many more consecutive loses can Allen survive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's the best press conference Allen has given all year at least he understand that changes have to be made.
No more, we have to stay the course and things will work them selves out . That type of mentality is just silly.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Allen wrote:
On thoughts of looking at Terrelle Pryor: “It’s been discussed. Again, today’s Monday, so we’re really not in that situation yet where we’re talking about the personnel changes that we might make going forward, getting ready for Cleveland. Again, we’ve got a job to do and our job is to win football games and we’ve got to find out ways to get it done.”

ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Give him a couple years, some solid starters, and a playmaker or two on defense and I expect we will see a competitive team.

No kidding. I hope our team will be good when our roster will be as well. In the meantime, you recognize good coaches with what they can do with what they have. What we've done is gave up the most points in the NFL this season.

That can't be more false. I don't care who we had as a coach. We will not win if we have a defensive backfield of Matt Giordano and the motley crew we have back there right now. Did you see our tackling and angles out there? Definitely not NFL calibur. And we have no running game either. Our OL is either too old or just bad in too many spots. And don't even get me started on the OC's playcalling.

So what can be done without quality players??? Not much in just one house cleaning year.

But Allen change the running game to zone. It was working before he changed. Same thing with the secondary these are all new players brought in by Allen. This is the team he made and now you're making excuses for him.?

I was unaware Allen was the GM now..........

McKenzie did what he could with what he had. Had to add some cheap 1 year vets to roster. Spencer and Bartel were hurt weeks 1 and 2. Spencer is still out. Hanson has been the 1 player who'd actually made a play here and there.

Giordano, Huff and Branch are holdovers. Giordano wouldn't start on many teams. But that the situation the Raiders find themselves in unfortunately with no resources to upgrade. He's starting because they moved the FS to CB.

It's all a mess, clearly. But what can they do today to fix it? Nothing. You can rest assured there will be new starters across the secondary next season when they have the ability to add them.

+1

Whether it was Reggie and Allen, just Reggie, or just Allen, what the heck where they supposed to do? We had little cash, few draft picks, and a roster full of nobodies. Spencer and Bartell were, for the money, probably the best CBs we could have signed. Did you expect them to try and trade another draft pick to acquire a veteran CB? IMO, they are being pretty smart right now. They took over a team in shambles. They could try and trade even more draft picks on players, or they can ride out this year while clearing cap space and go into next season with all 7 draft picks and pretty much only the players they want on the team, rather than the ones Al Davis wanted.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Give him a couple years, some solid starters, and a playmaker or two on defense and I expect we will see a competitive team.

No kidding. I hope our team will be good when our roster will be as well. In the meantime, you recognize good coaches with what they can do with what they have. What we've done is gave up the most points in the NFL this season.

That can't be more false. I don't care who we had as a coach. We will not win if we have a defensive backfield of Matt Giordano and the motley crew we have back there right now. Did you see our tackling and angles out there? Definitely not NFL calibur. And we have no running game either. Our OL is either too old or just bad in too many spots. And don't even get me started on the OC's playcalling.

So what can be done without quality players??? Not much in just one house cleaning year.

But Allen change the running game to zone. It was working before he changed. Same thing with the secondary these are all new players brought in by Allen. This is the team he made and now you're making excuses for him.?

McKenzie did what he could with what he had. Had to add some cheap 1 year vets to roster. Spencer and Bartel were hurt weeks 1 and 2. Spencer is still out. Hanson has been the 1 player who'd actually made a play here and there.

Giordano, Huff and Branch are holdovers. Giordano wouldn't start on many teams. But that the situation the Raiders find themselves in unfortunately with no resources to upgrade. He's starting because they moved the FS to CB.

It's all a mess, clearly. But what can they do today to fix it? Nothing. You can rest assured there will be new starters across the secondary next season when they have the ability to add them.

+1

Whether it was Reggie and Allen, just Reggie, or just Allen, what the heck where they supposed to do? We had little cash, few draft picks, and a roster full of nobodies. Spencer and Bartell were, for the money, probably the best CBs we could have signed. Did you expect them to try and trade another draft pick to acquire a veteran CB? IMO, they are being pretty smart right now. They took over a team in shambles. They could try and trade even more draft picks on players, or they can ride out this year while clearing cap space and go into next season with all 7 draft picks and pretty much only the players they want on the team, rather than the ones Al Davis wanted.

What are you talking about? The brain trust restructured Kelly, Huff and Seymour and now most of there money is guaranteed for next year.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

+1

What are you talking about? The brain trust restructured Kelly, Huff and Seymour and now most of there money is guaranteed for next year.

I didn't mean they would move on from every single player Al Davis brought in, obviously. But they were not/ are not going to trade draft picks for players when they are trying to get to a normal level for starting a new era. IMO, this year was more a placeholder than an attempt to win a championship. They were screwed from Jump Street because they want to build this team up their way. That means restructuring, cutting, and actually using their draft picks rather than trading them for veteran players.

La_Vader wrote:
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling we're going to finish the season off winning at least 3 of the last 5 games, moving us out of the top 10 and potentially keeping Knapp around for another season. I hope not, but that's what my guts telling me.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans just fired their OC, hopefully Knapp is next, its sad but he's gotta go. I want Dennis Allen to succeed as head coach. I just hope he realizes what needs to be done.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

+1

The Raiders have 4 maybe 5 draft picks can't remember if the Louis Murphy trade will be a 6th or 7th this year or next.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

The Raiders have 4 maybe 5 draft picks can't remember if the Louis Murphy trade will be a 6th or 7th this year or next.

You keep saying this. They have:

1, 3, 4, 6, 7

That's 5 picks. 2 (Palmer) and 5 (Curry) are gone. Then there is the matter of Murphy which will add a 7th if I remember correctly.

That's 6 total picks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

+1

Right, which is why I said "go into next season" with 7 draft picks. Also, as of right now its 5 picks.

La_Vader wrote:
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that's 5 in a row and 6 is coming thursday.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season can not end fast enough.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seat is still not hot.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Seat is still not hot.

Well that's a mistake if that's the case. What's hos excuse this week? Defense not talented enough for the almighty Browns?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
Seat is still not hot.

Well that's a mistake if that's the case. What's hos excuse this week? Defense not talented enough for the almighty Browns?

It's not hot for the same reason it hasn't been hot all season.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: