Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you do as owner of the Titans?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: What would you do as owner of the Titans? Reply with quote

Got this idea from TAST.

Say you won the lotto and bought the Titans. What moves would you make to take this franchise to the Super Bowl?
Finnerception

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire an entirely new coaching staff and not wait until March when every single assistant coach already has a team.

Let the front office do their job, but have them put an emphasis on fixing the secondary and attempting to add a star player on defense.

Remove Eugene Amano and Michael Griffin from my payroll.

Build an amusement park right next to the stadium that everyone but Texans fans can access if they buy a ticket to the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make a real investment in the team and spend some money to get a competitive coaching staff. Look, i've been thinking about how we have actually fielded a team that can demolish someone one week and then lose to the jaguars after some extended rest. This shows two things: we have young talent, and we have a coaching staff that has no idea how to use the talent correctly. Locker didn't look good, I would be kidding myself believing that he played a franchise quarterback game. However, the coaching staff and receivers put him in a horrible position a lot of the time. Clearly the receivers could not get open, and when that is against the jaguars secondary and defense there is a problem with the plays that are being called. I love what Palmer has done as far as modernizing our offense, but there are people out there that can do what he does while also executing at a much higher level. Gray needs no explanation and at this point I think it's just a matter of who we get to replace him when the season is over.

On Munchack:

I am on the fence, but I think we should give him a shot when he doesn't have to choose coordinators from the bottom of the barrel like he did the last time around.

On Personnel:

We need to cut the dead weight from the team. Suck it up and realize you made a mistake with Griffin and try and trade him or find his replacement. Rob Johnson is a backup, and Babineaux is as good as gone. The fact that we are fielding such an incredibly poor secondary is laughable. Verner and McCourty are good but we need a #1 corner badly so we can move Verner back to the slot. Which brings me back to what could possibly have been the worst possible front office move from the titans in a long long time which was resigning Griffin and letting go of Finnegan. Just plain boneheaded.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give TR a headset and tell him to get it done.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to what Finnerception wrote.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner/GM is what I'll be assuming.

Coaches- Sound out Chip Kelly. I'd take him over anyone right now; he's flexible, metric heavy, and is known to be an incredible motivator and coach. The practices he runs are like no one else. Let him hire his coordinators, but I'm gunning for someone from the Giants/Eagles zone blitz tree, or the Washburn tree on defense, and a deep ball, PA, pounding offense on defense (like the current Tampa Bay offense).

If Chip Kelly isn't available, I'm down with Munch. He's not very innovative, but he's a great coach, runs good practices, and is very intelligent. Gray is out though; he's too damn stubborn and unyielding in his schemes and playcalling.

Defense- We need to abandon the 2 deep zone scheme, because it just ain't working right now. Griffin can be a good deep FS, as long as you minimize his run responsibility.

Move to a Cover-1 system with heavy blitzing from the SS and linebackers. We're brimming with talent at linebacker, Morgan and Wimbley continue to make big strides, and our DT position is stacked with guys that can rush. Both McCourty and Verner have shown proficiency in a bump and run system, and Verner is the best short distance man corner in the league this year. Brown and McCarthy have the talent to drop and cover on a zone blitz scheme, and Ayers can work as a designated pass rusher out of the nickel.

I'd go with one of the top DEs in the draft this year; it's absolutely loaded there, and try to trade up into the late first/early second for one of the safeties (none of them are top 15 worthy). The Giants/Bears/SF have proven that you can never have enough passrush talent, and Morgan only has one year left on his contract.

Offense- I'd be tempted to keep Palmer because I think his scheme is a good one overall, and maximizes the talent we have. But Palmer just can't adjust in game, and doesn't seem to maximize our matchups versus opponents. He's adjusted the scheme to our talent, but doesn't seem to adjust our playcalling to the opponent each week.

Cookie is gone for me, unfortunately. CJ needs those big mofo TEs to block, and Cook just can't do it. I'd love to bring in James Casey of the Texans (who I think is a FA this year) and get rid of Quinn Johnson. Casey can do everything he can, and do it better. He's also a far more deadly receiving option.

I'd like to mix in a lot more movement into the offense- Stevens, Thompson, and Casey are all capable receivers, if not better. I like the diamond formation we've been using, but I'd like to see a lot more of that with shifts- come out in the diamond then move Stevens up to the line and Thompson into the slot.

Locker also shows a lot better comfort in the shotgun- maybe work in some Pistol formation plays, and run a hurry up shotgun offense pretty often. CJ does well on draw plays, and as long as you have a tight end in there, he can make good runs in it too.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring in a new DC and OC. I hate for Locker to have to learn another offense, but I think he can handle it.

Switch to a 3-4. We would have to draft/sign a few players to fill needs, but Ayers, Brown and McCarthy would all excel in a 3-4 imo.

If Martin is ready in TC I trade Griff.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
I'd bring in a new DC and OC. I hate for Locker to have to learn another offense, but I think he can handle it.

Switch to a 3-4. We would have to draft/sign a few players to fill needs, but Ayers, Brown and McCarthy would all excel in a 3-4 imo.

Trade him for what? A 4th or 5th you would really have to make another team a deal in order for them to trade for him.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Trade him for what? A 4th or 5th you would really have to make another team a deal in order for them to trade for him.

4th or 5th would be a great deal for us! Many better players have gone for less than that. I'd take a 7th if I thought anyone would offer it.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

I'd really take anything for him. I'd rather get a 6th or 7th then just cut him.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever gets Griffin the hell off this team, I'm down for. If cutting him isn't good enough and we have to give a team 3 1st rounders to take him off our hands, I'm down. Just don't make me have to watch him fall over himself every freaking play on defense every single Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Whatever gets Griffin the hell off this team, I'm down for. If cutting him isn't good enough and we have to give a team 3 1st rounders to take him off our hands, I'm down. Just don't make me have to watch him fall over himself every freaking play on defense every single Sunday.

I don't understand. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:

He sucks.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1. Nate "The Great" Washington
2. Michael Preston
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

No.

On a related note, are you his girlfriend?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:

He sucks.

VY-FTW, I expected more from you. While I do disagree with Finnerception, there's no reason to go about insulting him in that manner.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: