Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players I Want for the 2013 Miami Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Not only the injury for davis but he is has tested positve for substance abuse twice and is one away from a year suspension.

Yeah, Davis has had some problem so I think he's off the radar and I for one just don't believe Dustin Keller is anything special. He's not a huge guy either.

I doubt we make a move on any FA TE considering the limited option out there. We'll stick with Fasano & Clay, hope Egnew takes another step and try and get someone in the mid rounds if the right guy is available.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about keller he was a guy i was somewhat intrigued with about a month ago but he has looked average this year. I have preached patience with Egnew but if he cant get active even when we become playoff eliminated thats troubling
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conner Vernon, WR, Duke

Now, I'm not saying he's the best in the draft but I just think the so many people have projected as 4-5th draft pick and I just think that he could be a pretty good steal that low, I seen him play and he's quick and just talented all over.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
FA Fred Davis from the Redskins. The guy is coming off an ACL injury so his value shouldn't be that high. Could give us a stop gap to continue developing Clay and Egnew if we don't want to use a high pick on Eifert.

Andy Levitre should be a legitimate target too but I love the depth on the oline in this draft. Talented starters could easily be had in the 3rd.

Stay away from Freddy! Mad Wink

Keep him. I'll take Dustin Keller from the Jets instead.

FF Member #67
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
FA Fred Davis from the Redskins. The guy is coming off an ACL injury so his value shouldn't be that high. Could give us a stop gap to continue developing Clay and Egnew if we don't want to use a high pick on Eifert.

Andy Levitre should be a legitimate target too but I love the depth on the oline in this draft. Talented starters could easily be had in the 3rd.

I think Keller would look great in our Offense. The Jets have really went away from using Keller and IMO you should look no further than Tony Sporano as to why.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Deets wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

I think Keller would look great in our Offense. The Jets have really went away from using Keller and IMO you should look no further than Tony Sporano as to why.

The way Clay has played lately it makes me wonder if TE is a need. If we do go FA with a TE though I would want Keller.

Give me Justin Hunter WR Tennessee. We have no one that defenses fear on the receiving corp.

Also wouldn't mind Damontre Moore. We need another pass rusher opposite of Wake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to list a couple of players I would love the phins to pick up in the later rounds, or via UDFA. I'm listing players from Florida first, since I've seen these guys play the last 3 to 4 years.

Andre Debose, WR, Florida
Height: 5-11. Weight: 191.
Projected 40 Time: 4.38.

Debose is a player that has suffered from playing on a college team that doesnt utilise his skills effectively. Debose could immedialty make an impact on the phins as a deep threat WR, and special teams ace. Debose also has played slot WR. As a late round pick he is worth the risk. As a freshman and soph, Debose terrorized defenses over the top, constantly burning the secondary, and opening up the underneath routes for his teammates. His QB has been horrible this year and due to this Debose has been a non factor.

Ronald Powell, OLB/DE, Florida
Height: 6-4. Weight: 248.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2013): 5-7.
Powell is a talented edge rusher who is coming off of an ACL tear. He is a junior, but might delcare due to 2 lost seasons due to injury. Powell has the frame to add weight, and as a late round pick would be a boom or bust prospect. You just cant teach the athletic ability that Powell has.

Trey Burton, FB/TE/RB, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 229.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.
Trey is a jack of all trades player, sort of like Clay but with more athletic ability and upside. In fact I think that he would be a perfect replacement for Clay. Again he is a junior, but rumor is he may leave early for the NFL, since there isnt allot he can do to increase his value. He plays special teams, runs the wildcat, lead blocks, pass blocks, he has good hands, he rushes the football, he does just about everything you ask him to do, just a good all around player.

I'll post more from different schools later.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
FA... OG.. Andy Levitre

Draft 1st rd.. DE.. Bjoern Werner... Just look at the Fla game.. right place right time.. FR (although ball never hit ground) sacks.. plays run well..

another guy I like is West Virginia WR .. Stedman Bailey only 5'10" 193 but quick.. fast.. good hands..

if we went... Werner... Robert Woods.. Dallas Thomas ( OG from Tenn. 6'5" 310 ) and Bailey in 3rd Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

at LB I like Gerald Hodges Penn St 6'3" 238...
Jonathon Brown Ill. 6'1" 235
Kevin Reddick NC 6'3" 235

allow me to add a TE Joseph Fauria from UCLA.. great size 6'7" 258.. Good blocker .. good hands.. in 2011 was ucla's leading receiver with 38 catches 481 yrds.. 6 td.. this year 39-544- 11 tds.. REDZONE target.
pope137

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking tight end?

Give me Tyler eiferit (however you spell it)mobile phone laziness
From Norte Dame kids an absolute monster. He can even split out wide. And be equally as impressive kid can literally do everything you ask of a tight end at a high level. Kid is a play maker
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
Talking tight end?

From Norte Dame kids an absolute monster. He can even split out wide. And be equally as impressive kid can literally do everything you ask of a tight end at a high level. Kid is a play maker

Thing is he is going in the first. Unless all the recivers and pass rushers we want are gone I'd rather look elsewhere in the first. As PhinFan said, TE Joseph Fauria, UCLA is probably gone in the second or third depending on workouts, he is someone I like but worry that he is just a physical specimen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
pope137 wrote:
Talking tight end?

Thing is he is going in the first. Unless all the recivers and pass rushers we want are gone I'd rather look elsewhere in the first. As PhinFan said, TE Joseph Fauria, UCLA is probably gone in the second or third depending on workouts, he is someone I like but worry that he is just a physical specimen

Right.. we can't draft every 1st rd pick.. LOL .. 1 thing I like about Fauria is last season he was UCLA's leading receiver.. this season new QB.. a Fr.. and he improves his production... better YPC avg.. more TDS.. I only seen hin in 2 games but he works at getting open/seperation.. he don't just reley on height and power.. although he can and has used it aswell.... IMO if he has a great combine he could be a 2 rd pick easy.. I would like to have him..
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Andre Debose from Florida. He would be a great fit for the WCO in my opinion. He is taller and quicker than Bess but his hands aren't very good. I could see him lining up outside as well as in the slot. He could do some damage as a 3rd weapon. I bet he'd be available in the 6th.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I'll second Andre Debose from Florida. He would be a great fit for the WCO in my opinion. He is taller and quicker than Bess but his hands aren't very good. I could see him lining up outside as well as in the slot. He could do some damage as a 3rd weapon. I bet he'd be available in the 6th.
Andre debose is a guy who doesnt have a big college career gets drafted late and blossoms. If developed right i see a simular skill set to antonio brown and what he does for the steelers another guy who was drafted late.
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two third round picks. I want the Honey Badger.

FF Member #67
joeyL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
We have two third round picks. I want the Honey Badger.

For real? With all the issues surrounding him?

He's got talent, but i do not think he will be elite at this level. Def not worth the headache IMO.

I mean, he got in troubloe when waiting on LSU to decide if they would let him on the team again.

maybe later in the draft but not putting a 3rd on the guy.

Not bagging on you at all though. I love watching him play....errr...Loved watchin him play.

On the other hand, I would LOVE me some Tavon Austin from West Virginia. Ive watched every snap hes taken the last 2 years...nothing short of eletric and a threat to score EVERYTIME he touches the ball.

Small. Yes. Can he take a hit. yes.

I think a playmaker like him on our offense would def work out.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: