Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
As said before, some of the best players of all time are headcases. Being able to generate that kind of raw emotion can translate to domination on the football field - especially when that player is as athletically superior as Finley is to most players on the field.

If Rodgers' wants to be called the GOAT he needs to get him involved and give Finley a chance to unleash his potential. Its like never giving a RB carries, there is no rhythm.

We're all aware that Finley lost the trust because he suddenly couldn't catch a cold, right?

It's hard to lose Rodgers' trust. Jones used to drop a ball and the next play Rodgers would bomb it to him in the end zone. We're acting like poor Finley is being robbed of opportunities that he deserves.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
As said before, some of the best players of all time are headcases. Being able to generate that kind of raw emotion can translate to domination on the football field - especially when that player is as athletically superior as Finley is to most players on the field.

If Rodgers' wants to be called the GOAT he needs to get him involved and give Finley a chance to unleash his potential. Its like never giving a RB carries, there is no rhythm.

We're all aware that Finley lost the trust because he suddenly couldn't catch a cold, right?

It's hard to lose Rodgers' trust. Jones used to drop a ball and the next play Rodgers would bomb it to him in the end zone. We're acting like poor Finley is being robbed of opportunities that he deserves.

First off, I don't see Finley as this automatic "matchup nightmare". When he's running lazy routes like has been, average LBs can cover him easily. Secondly, rounding those routes means he's not in the position he's supposed to be which might just get him skipped over in the read rather than trying to search for wherever he went. The third thing is, if you have Finley open underneath and feel like it's a 50/50 pass even with a well placed ball, why not take a riskier throw for a big play? the odds are going to end up similar with more big play potential.

Finley now is not the same player as Finley 2009. Some of that might be physical, but most of it seems to be in his head. Until he gets that fixed, I don't think any of this "you have to get him involved" applies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:

First off, I don't see Finley as this automatic "matchup nightmare". When he's running lazy routes like has been, average LBs can cover him easily. Secondly, rounding those routes means he's not in the position he's supposed to be which might just get him skipped over in the read rather than trying to search for wherever he went. The third thing is, if you have Finley open underneath and feel like it's a 50/50 pass even with a well placed ball, why not take a riskier throw for a big play? the odds are going to end up similar with more big play potential.

Finley now is not the same player as Finley 2009. Some of that might be physical, but most of it seems to be in his head. Until he gets that fixed, I don't think any of this "you have to get him involved" applies.
Why are some posters so eagerly writing off his questionable effort on the field yet expecting Rodgers to force him the ball? He's earned nothing and at this point is as much a liability as he is an asset.

In a what have you done for me lately where players fall off fast, the burden of proof that he still has it falls squarely on Finley.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that just struck me is this. For all the hate Finley gets, no one on this team has stepped up to take the job from him. DJ Williams gets some snaps but he has 4 catches this year and seems to catch worse than Finley. Crabtree has made some plays but he's not a mismatch TE. He's a blocking TE who can occasionally find a hole in zone and make a play. Taylor is teams and blocking. Quarless has the best chance to take it and he's coming off a major injury.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
One thing that just struck me is this. For all the hate Finley gets, no one on this team has stepped up to take the job from him. DJ Williams gets some snaps but he has 4 catches this year and seems to catch worse than Finley. Crabtree has made some plays but he's not a mismatch TE. He's a blocking TE who can occasionally find a hole in zone and make a play. Taylor is teams and blocking. Quarless has the best chance to take it and he's coming off a major injury.
This. As much as the "good luck" comment ticked me off, on the field Finley gives us the best chance to win football games. Aaron better start getting the ball to Finley, teams don't have linebackers that can cover him and these last 2 weeks he has proven to me he is willing to go 110%. If Finley dominates and starts dictating coverage, well to opposing I'd say 1 thing.... "Good Luck" Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

I hear ya. Right now he's the best TE we have on the roster. Crabby is a good blocking TE (and I hope we utilize his strengths from here on out to aid our suffering O line) as is Williams but they aren't great pass catchers. Lord knows if we'll see much of Quarless any time soon. I thought outside of that one drop last night Finley had a fairly decent game all things considered. I enjoyed watching him smack that defender on his fanny. Maybe this is a sign he's coming around?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else follow Finley on Twitter? He used to "tweet" several times a day, but he hasn't in about 4 weeks now. Maybe he has decided to keep his mouth shut and focus on football? While he hasn't had that monster game (yet), he has been solid since the Detroit game. He really came to play against the Vikes on Sunday, catching some tough balls, running hard and blocking well. Something has changed for the better. Hopefully he can keep stacking the successes.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, no one seems to be talking about him after his latest comments to the media after this week's game Very Happy
mxr124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
yeah, no one seems to be talking about him after his latest comments to the media after this week's game Very Happy

What were his comments?
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

He still dropped one he really should have had earlier. He's being rotated in and out quite a bit and seems to have his workload cut drastically. Maybe this keeps him sharper the plays he is in there for but isn't good enough for his current salary, or next year's. Rodgers also seems to still not trust him, preferring to keep looking or to tuck it and run for whatever he can get rather than toss it to a fairly open Finley on multiple occasions.

Great. He's stepped it up a bit. It's still not enough to make him a good value to keep around.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

He still dropped one he really should have had earlier. He's being rotated in and out quite a bit and seems to have his workload cut drastically.

He played his 2nd highest amount of snaps yesterday on the season. Laughing
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

What were his comments?

Article on jsonline can't find it on the front page, but it was just a bunch of completely benign stuff.
dcerb44

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9JcBXPCYAAcmNq.jpg:large

Problems...shhhh! Laughing

Why can't I get the picture up? Eh, oh well.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Great. He's stepped it up a bit. It's still not enough to make him a good value to keep around.

ok.

Not sure what this has to do with my post though.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:

Problems...shhhh! Laughing

Why can't I get the picture up? Eh, oh well.

FIFY.

(just took out the :large at the end)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: