Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Offseason for now !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: My Offseason for now ! Reply with quote

Fasano walk
Bush walk
J.Long walk and give us in FA:

Andy Levitre OG (perfect fit )
Greg Jennings WR (29 is young enough and under Philbin top 5 WR in the NFL)

Draft:

1.Rd: Terrance Williams WR
2.Rd: Oday Aboushi LT
2.Rd: Cornellius Carradine DE
3.Rd: Desmond Trufant CB
3.Rd: Omoregie Uzzi OG

Offense:

WR: Jennings,Williams,Hartline,Bess,Matthews
(we use a lot 3 or 4 WR on the field next season, WR is fixed)

OL:

Aboushi-Levitre-Pouncey-Uzzi-Martin
(let this guys for the next 5-6 years and O-line is fixed)

What you think about this ???

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...that's not what my offseason looks like but if it goes down that way I'm tracking you down, wherever the hell you are, and we're sharing a beverage!

I honestly don't think the Bills let Levitre go. It would just be dumb. If he gets out, yes, I hand him money and we go happily into the night.

Jennings...hey, I'll be happy with him for the simple fact that I know he could come right in and contribute with virtually no learning curve. He's very much in the mold of what we need but I still think that in a draft such as this where there are potentially 4-to-5 guys ready to go in the 1st round you have to be smart and draft a guy as opposed to throwing money at someone, especially a veteran who's probably got 5 decent years left. Jennings is only going to slow down which is exactly what we are trying to fix. We don't want a Donald Driver on our hands.

Aside from that, you definitely managed to basically fix the team in 1 year. That sort of thing always works on paper but...rarely works out. Wink
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending huge money on RB and G are things that can wreck your team faster than an iceberg hitting a boat.

You can draft guards. Theres probably 50 available every year.

Ya its great when they can get out in space or pull, but for the amount of money? Just not my idea of money well spent.

Would I like to have Levitre? Sure, but not at the heavy cost its going to take (top 10 money?). Seems a little rich.
hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many comp picks we would get based on this scenario.
NBA: New York Knicks
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I'm fine with losing Smith, Starks & Bush as free agents.

1.) Smith can be replaced in FA with smaller, faster, quicker players while younger CBs develop on the roster.
2.) 1 DT must go and really, any of them are fine. Starks age makes sense.
3.) Bush is too erratic. He lacks mass and so he's more of a special weapon than a feature player. He's an elusive runner, not a true RB.

I don't think we can afford to lose Hartline, especially at the relatively cheap salary the team can settle on. He'll be an asset if we can push him down the depth chart a little.

I'm not sure we can afford to lose Jake Long considering the instability that would create on the O-line. I'd rather deal with his struggles and fix the Guard position over the next 3 years and then consider moving on to another LT at that far later stage.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your offseason. It's creative and adds talent. The only thing is I am not sure Levitre will walk, and if he doesn't I'm sure we could find a decent veteran. I would probably also add a do-all veteran RB if I couldn't get Reggie back on the cheap. Felix Jones, Kevin Smith and Mike Goodson type.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: