Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the reasoning for leaving, but claiming the B1G is a better conference overall is stupid. Football, yes. People claim Maryland will be middle of the pack there. I doubt it. And I would still prefer the ACC for everything else.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I understand the reasoning for leaving, but claiming the B1G is a better conference overall is stupid. Football, yes. People claim Maryland will be middle of the pack there. I doubt it. And I would still prefer the ACC for everything else.
big 10 has had several teams in the final four and national championship in basketball lately. That's nothing to sneeze at. Acc has Duke, Carolina then everyone else in basketball. It's not as great as it was a decade ago when umd was great also.

Wouldn't this open up the big 10 to not only have recruiting in he big Midwest cities and ohio, PA but now in he dmv and if they get Rutgers, the ny/nj area?

Seems pretty wide range of recruiting and they should still get the 3rd tier guys from the south still and Texas who think they can come in and start for the big 10 schools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
big 10 has had several teams in the final four and national championship in basketball lately. That's nothing to sneeze at. Acc has Duke, Carolina then everyone else in basketball. It's not as great as it was a decade ago when umd was great also.

Wouldn't this open up the big 10 to not only have recruiting in he big Midwest cities and ohio, PA but now in he dmv and if they get Rutgers, the ny/nj area?

Seems pretty wide range of recruiting and they should still get the 3rd tier guys from the south still and Texas who think they can come in and start for the big 10 schools

This is a terrible move for Maryland. They wont compete in football, and are leaving alot of rich history in basketball!!! I have read that UCONN will be taking thier place in the ACC..UNC, Duke, Pitt, Syracue, NCST, FSU and now UCONN...The ACC is a power house!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

This is a terrible move for Maryland. They wont compete in football, and are leaving alot of rich history in basketball!!! I have read that UCONN will be taking thier place in the ACC..UNC, Duke, Pitt, Syracue, NCST, FSU and now UCONN...The ACC is a power house!!!!
$$$$ they will make more. They will be one of the best bb teams immediately and competitive in football. The big ten has a rich history of basketball also.

Michigan, Michigan st, Illinois have all won national championships. Ohio state has been to the finals several times and to the final four. Purdue usually has a strong team and has made pushes for the national championships in the past.

You want to talk about rich history and basketball you have to look no further than Indiana?.. You heard of them?

Big ten has plenty if history in football and bball. Md will be competitive in both.

Big ten football isn't what it was 10, and def not 20 years ago in football, Ohio state has gone undefeated up till this point. If they are in other leagues they would have lost a few, maybe more. They are getting all kinds of $ from the big ten and the big ten network.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

$$$$ they will make more. They will be one of the best bb teams immediately and competitive in football. The big ten has a rich history of basketball also.

Michigan, Michigan st, Illinois have all won national championships. Ohio state has been to the finals several times and to the final four. Purdue usually has a strong team and has made pushes for the national championships in the past.

You want to talk about rich history and basketball you have to look no further than Indiana?.. You heard of them?

Big ten has plenty if history in football and bball. Md will be competitive in both.

Big ten football isn't what it was 10, and def not 20 years ago in football, Ohio state has gone undefeated up till this point. If they are in other leagues they would have lost a few, maybe more. They are getting all kinds of $ from the big ten and the big ten network.

Seriously? Maryland cant compete in the ACC in football. They will be the door mat of the big ten!

The big ten hasnt been relivent in Basketball in 25 years. Michigan had 2 good years "Fab 5". Illinois? that was the early 90's. Indiana was a great program in the 80s "unitl this year and they are over rated"

This is a horrible move for Maryland.......From what I understand the students and allumi hate the move....This was about money!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won 9 games three years ago Marcus with a freshman qb. They constantly put players in to the NFL who are drafted in the first few rounds of the draft, DMV players! They will expand their recruiting base, they will compete. The big 10 isn't even that great of a conference anymore.

When any team has 4 qbs who go out for the season with injuries, their best LB and their best DL they will struggle and despite all that, the terps still have a chance to make a bowl game.

Please spare the biased thoughts with out actual facts. Okay?? Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Hog Heaven Thanksgiving

It's not what's on the table that makes Thanksgiving great. It's who's sitting ther. Whatever you do, where ever you go, whom ever you are with, may you have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving. HTTR

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-articles/november/happy-hog-heaven-thanksgiving.html
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
They won 9 games three years ago Marcus with a freshman qb. They constantly put players in to the NFL who are drafted in the first few rounds of the draft, DMV players! They will expand their recruiting base, they will compete. The big 10 isn't even that great of a conference anymore.

When any team has 4 qbs who go out for the season with injuries, their best LB and their best DL they will struggle and despite all that, the terps still have a chance to make a bowl game.

4-7
2-10
9-4
2-10
8-5
6-7
9-4
5-6
5-6

Wow, 3 winning seasons in 9 years...yeah bro they are a power house in the ACC!!!! 2001-2004 was 3 good years, but that was a long time ago. They will be less competitive in the Big 10

For the record, as long as im with in the rules of this forum, Im pretty sure I can post what ever opinion I want!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

4-7
2-10
9-4
2-10
8-5
6-7
9-4
5-6
5-6

Wow, 3 winning seasons in 9 years...yeah bro they are a power house in the ACC!!!! 2001-2004 was 3 good years, but that was a long time ago. They will be less competitive in the Big 10

For the record, as long as im with in the rules of this forum, Im pretty sure I can post what ever opinion I want!
i didn't say they were a powerhouse, I said they could "compete" in the conference.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Florida State would have something to say. Also, the ACC will be adding three top tier basketball schools next year in Pitt, Syracuse, and Notre Dame.

Quote:

Again, your Michigan/Ohio State/Penn State/Wiconsins don't need any help opening up those areas. They'll get the guys they want.

It might open it up to the second tier teams, though.

Another thing: NY/NJ isn't all that rich of an area for football talent. Of the the areas, opening up Virginia is a bigger deal.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
$$$$ they will make more.

Yes.

Quote:
They will be one of the best bb teams immediately

No. Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin are all ranked now. Maryland is not. They'll enter as a middle of the conference team, about where they would be in the ACC.

Quote:
and competitive in football.

Bwahahahaha! No.

Quote:
The big ten has a rich history of basketball also.

Yes. However, is it all that more rich than that of the ACC? Given that Maryland made a significant portion of that rich history, jumping ship there doesn't really net them anything (and arguably cost them something intangible).

Quote:

Basketball, maybe. Football, they've got little chance.

Quote:

Yes, but even with Big Ten not being the same as it was 10-20 years ago, it still is leaps and bounds above Maryland ever was. They've got the resources, the name, and the recruits to roll all over Maryland.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
They won 9 games three years ago Marcus with a freshman qb.

Three years ago. They've won six games since.

Quote:
They constantly put players in to the NFL who are drafted in the first few rounds of the draft, DMV players!

Since 2000, they've had:
Arrow three 1st round picks (05-Shawne Merriman, 06-Vernon Davis, 09-Darrius Heyward-Bey)
Arrow seven 2nd round picks (01-Kris Jenkins, 01-LaMont Jordan, 03-E.J. Henderson, 04-Madieu Williams, 06-D'Qwell Jackson, 07-Josh Wilson, 11-Torrey Smith)
Arrow five 3rd round picks (02-Melvin Fowler, 02-Charles Hill, 04-Randy Starks, 05-Domonique Foxworth, 09-Kevin Barnes)

Twelve years, 15 guys drafted in the first three rounds.

Lest you think I chose an arbitrarily poor spot for the Terps, they had 14 players drafted in the 90s. That's all rounds.

Quote:
They will expand their recruiting base,

How? You think a guy in Illinois is going to choose Maryland over any of the existing Big Ten options?

Quote:
they will compete.

How? They could barely compete in the ACC.

Quote:
The big 10 isn't even that great of a conference anymore.

And yet it is thought of as a better football conference than the ACC.

Quote:

Uhh, they became bowl ineligible on November 17th when they were pasted 41-14 by Florida State.

I'll grant they had some real injury issues at QB (though they sort of ran O'Brien out of town, so it was partially of their own making). However, they only won 2 games in 2011.

Quote:

So, other than responding where you were asserting your own opinion without facts, I think I backed up my argument.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
i didn't say they were a powerhouse, I said they could "compete" in the conference.

Well, sure. Indiana competes in the Big Ten.

Records over the years:
2002: 3-9
2003: 2-10
2004: 3-8
2005: 4-7
2006: 5-7
2007: 7-6 (went bowling, lost)
2008: 3-9
2009: 4-8
2010: 5-7
2011: 1-11
2012: 4-8

So, yes, Maryland can "compete" in the Big Ten. Winning? That's a different thing.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Gano misses an extra point. haha
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/wizards-2/wizards-declined-an-offer-for-james-harden/

WIZARDS DECLINED AN OFFER FOR JAMES HARDEN?

Quote:
According to a report from Michael Lee of the Washington Post, the Washington Wizards turned down a potential trade that would have netted them James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton:

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Hardenthis summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

The Wizards would have sent rookie guard Bradley Beal and second-year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder in return for Harden, winner of the NBA’s sixth-man award with Oklahoma City last season, according to these individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the proposal.

Any truth to this? Anyone?

I remember around the draft that I thought someone said Harden had actually been traded. I told my x who is a big Okc fan and she went crazy. I had no clue that the deal in place may have been to the wizards.

If its true and Ted wouldn't give up #3 and Singleton for Harden than that's just sad. Harden would have this team nearing .500 right now w/o Wall in the court. A back court of harden and Wall would attract better bigs for the future in FA. Harden is an Arenas type talent IMO but I hope doesn't have the same bad judgement. It would have changed our future for sure, now we appear to be stuck- just hoping to strike gold with a top 5 pick...

Ugh I pray this isn't true Twisted Evil

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 69 of 100

Jump to: