Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on a big offseason acquisition?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Thoughts on a big offseason acquisition? Reply with quote

There's a couple of notable free agents coming up that could really help the hawks (Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace, Branden Albert, etc.) but won't necessarily come with a cheap price tag.

Should we pursue a big time FA or focus more on re-siging our current roster?

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Boom!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really need a big time FA. We've done well drafting our own players and turning them into big time players.

Legion of Boom!
imani

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've shown that we do our damage draft day, whether that's bringing in a young guy or moving pieces.

I'd rather stick with our strength.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd be fools not to take a look at Albert and Jake Long this offseason. Almost assuredly Long will be outside our price range, but we should at least be throwing out a feeler.

Albert would be a very nice upgrade.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert sounds like a legit target for our FO. He can play LT/LG/RG/RT
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd prefer building through the draft.
kittysack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should stack up on Oline and Dline.
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build up that D-line. People talk about sack numbers, but I don't see the Hawks getting consistent pressure at all.
moomin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we'll make a run at a WR in the FA, and use the draft to get our offensive line/defense line talent.
our front office is really good at identifying good value/talent in the draft at the offensive and defensive line, but not really at WR.

there's a ton of really good options in the FA too... obviously not all of them are realistic, and im sure all of them spare edelman/cribs would be expensive as hell... but here's all the notable WR free agents (spare antonio brown and victor cruz who are restricted FA's and wont be leaving):
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
Dwayne Bowe
Wes Welker
Malcom Floyd
Danny Amendola
Josh Cribs
Julian Edelman (most realistic option, and a good value i think)

how about we make a run at a new friggin OC? thats what id really like to see
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Edelman? He's 5'10" and a slot receiver at best... no better than what we already have. Take him away from the confines of having Brady throw him the ball and he'll be even worse.

I say get a pass rushing OLB as others have already said. OL help (for yet another offseason) would be nice as well.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Oline and Dlines were pillaged yesterday in Miami.. WTF? When do we ever get beat in the trenches like that? I was disgusted that all RBs since the SF game have been killing us with the trap and gut running plays, and our running up the middle hasn't been putrid except at home.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Our Oline and Dlines were pillaged yesterday in Miami.. WTF? When do we ever get beat in the trenches like that? I was disgusted that all RBs since the SF game have been killing us with the trap and gut running plays, and our running up the middle hasn't been putrid except at home.

Exactly. We need someone to plug up the middle because it seems like Gore has exposed an achilles heel of ours.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guy I really want is Branden Albert. I'm a lot more comfortable with Golden Tate and Sidney Rice as our 1/2 now than I was before and don't feel we need to break the bank for a guy like Mike Wallace (as much as I like him). Long doesn't seem reasonable considering other teams will be throwing LT money at him, but I wouldn't mind throwing above average LT money at Albert (or top tier RT money) to truly solidify this line. We would suffocate the edges with Okung and Albert, along with one of the better centers in the game. Go into the draft and get a guy like Jonathan Cooper to play a guard spot and have Moffitt/Carp battle for the last guard spot. You just changed a team weakness to a huge strength.

Outside of their first offseason with the team, where John went out and got himself Rice and Miller on big deals, we've settled more for those mid-tier free agents like Alan Branch, Jason Jones, and Matt Flynn.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills OG Andy Levitre is also a name to look out for. He's been awesome with the Bills and is great for the ZBS.

Titans TE Jared Cook is also atop my want list.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... with the way this FO evaluates rookie talent (still possible that this is a passing thing as Carroll's college experience "well, we recruited him at USC... I knew he was something special..." is going to become less and less relevant)...

I'd almost prefer to see us spend less effort going after FA spackle and more effort acquiring more draft picks, heh.

I mean... as much grief as we got picking Irvin at #15... in reality, we got Irvin plus two late-round picks (Turbin/Sweezy?), and did it again in the second with Swaggner plus two later picks (Guy/Scruggs?). If you want to go wild, you could say that Marshawn Lynch was our 5th round pick and I'd have a tough time finding a better draft class for a team than we pulled off in 2012, despite getting the worst grade of the 32 teams from Kiper. Went in with 6 picks and came out with 10 players. Good ones.

Irvin - rookie sack leader
Wagner - in the conversation for DROY
Skeelo - 'nuff said
Turbin - spelling Beast Mode like a champ
(Lynch) - traded 5th rounder to Buffalo for Marshawn

Guy, Sweezy, Lane, Scruggs... who was that safety? Legree? I'm missing at least one here...

Just pile up the draft picks and keep building that way, I say.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: