Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Gives???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Of all the issues we've been seeing the past several weeks (outside of the game against that mess called the Jets)... which do you feel is the primary culprit for our defensive woes?
Play Calling/Coaches/Scheme
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Defensive Line Talent/Execution/Injuries
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Linebacker Talent/Execution/Injuries
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Secondary Talent/Execution/Injuries
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: What Gives??? Reply with quote

As a fan, it seems as if this has become a systemic issue, so my initial thought is to place the blame here on "Play Calling/Coaches/Scheme"... I'd like to start hearing what everyone else sees as the primary problem - knowing, of course, that it's a combination of all of the above. Of course, I only see the results... I can't tell if Player A should be *here*, rather than *there*, in given coverages, but missed a read, etc... all I know is that we've been seeing receivers running around in acres of open grass and we're hardly even stopping the run anymore and I don't know why!

Follow up question - can anyone explain approximately how the roles of Pete Carroll, Gus Bradley and KJ lay out as it relates to the defensive play calls? Does Gus call the plays with Pete's veto... and KJ has responsibility to call very specific changes when he reads something? How does that all play out?

TommyC376 on the Sig
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 sack
9 rushing 1st downs given up
189 yards given up against the ground

D-line has pooped its pants
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes to the scheme. We just don't have key cogs, especially a LB that can rush the passer. Pete has done a good job at recognising what isn't working, so hopefully Pete can bring in more players to rush the passer.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than anything these are mental breakdowns. We're a completely different team in the 4th quarter. It's almost like we play scared.

Maybe we need a 4th quarter hero. Tebow, anyone? Wink

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: