Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I think Tuck would be fine as a DE for us. He's just old now


Certainly not LDE and he's not starting over Clemons.
Prime Tuck would have been fine as a LDE for us. We'd have to adapt the scheme a little, but not that much.


I strongly doubt that's something Pete would ever do.
If Pete Carroll would not trade Red Bryant and a 3rd for a prime Justin Tuck just because it doesn't perfectly fit his scheme, I want him fired.


There's not a coach in this league that would sacrifice system for a player. Look at the Texans switching to a 3-4, under utilizing Mario Williams. Or the Patriots switching schemes after McCourty's great rookie year and still sticking with it to this day.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I think Tuck would be fine as a DE for us. He's just old now


Certainly not LDE and he's not starting over Clemons.
Prime Tuck would have been fine as a LDE for us. We'd have to adapt the scheme a little, but not that much.


I strongly doubt that's something Pete would ever do.
If Pete Carroll would not trade Red Bryant and a 3rd for a prime Justin Tuck just because it doesn't perfectly fit his scheme, I want him fired.


There's not a coach in this league that would sacrifice system for a player. Look at the Texans switching to a 3-4, under utilizing Mario Williams. Or the Patriots switching schemes after McCourty's great rookie year and still sticking with it to this day.


I agree with you SoS. If you want a cohesive unit, you get players that fit your scheme. Hell if we didn't draft for our scheme, we wouldn't have the Legion of Boom.

The 9ers have players that fit their scheme. That's why they have the best defense in the league (IMO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29409
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds


It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up going. He's a 2nd round talent but he's pretty pigeon-holed to a wide-9 system IMO. With the injury I'd have to assume he's a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe even a 3rd.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29409
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds


It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up going. He's a 2nd round talent but he's pretty pigeon-holed to a wide-9 system IMO. With the injury I'd have to assume he's a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe even a 3rd.


I'd snag him in the 4th if he was available
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds


It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up going. He's a 2nd round talent but he's pretty pigeon-holed to a wide-9 system IMO. With the injury I'd have to assume he's a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe even a 3rd.


I'd snag him in the 4th if he was available


As would I. He reminds me of Dexter Davis with more of an every-down potential to him.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1701
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds


It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up going. He's a 2nd round talent but he's pretty pigeon-holed to a wide-9 system IMO. With the injury I'd have to assume he's a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe even a 3rd.


I'd snag him in the 4th if he was available


As would I. He reminds me of Dexter Davis with more of an every-down potential to him.


I loved him in the first last year, so yeah, I would love to get him in the third-fifth. Except he kinda wouldnt have a place on this team, he would have the same exact role as Bruce Irvin.
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds


It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up going. He's a 2nd round talent but he's pretty pigeon-holed to a wide-9 system IMO. With the injury I'd have to assume he's a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe even a 3rd.


I'd snag him in the 4th if he was available


As would I. He reminds me of Dexter Davis with more of an every-down potential to him.


I loved him in the first last year, so yeah, I would love to get him in the third-fifth. Except he kinda wouldnt have a place on this team, he would have the same exact role as Bruce Irvin.


We could have him as a depth player, who pushes for a starting role once Chris Clemons is on the decline?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
union hawk fan


Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 1021
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping they go D line with the first pick, I doubt Star Loutulelei would be on the board when they pick but I would love to see him next to Mebane next year. Also wouldn't mind Sheldon Richardson at D tackle either. I haven't seen Florida State play this year but does anybody think that Bjoern Werner could take over for Red Bryant? I love big red but we need more of a pass rush from the base defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOsprey


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 8225
Location: In a van, down by the river.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'm very keen on Brandon Jenkins in the late rounds




I highly doubt he's gonna make it that far. He is a premier pass rusher and he should be close to healed, by the time the draft roles around, since he was injured early on. I can't see him making it out of round 3. He's fit great as a 3-4 OLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2147
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team needs
WR, RT, OLB, DT, TE, OG


Offensive Coordinator
Sonny Dykes Arizona University.
Bevell believed to be leaving for the U of W (Wisconsin) we will need someone to replace him. Sonny Dykes called offensive plays for the #3 offense in college football.

Free Agents
OLB Rey Maualuga 3 years 10 million
I don't think Cincy resigns Rey because Vontaze has been playing stellar for them this year. If Rey would be willing to play OLB we may get a bargain and Rey will play for his old coach again.

OG Andy Levitre 5 year 27 million
OG is definitely a need. McQuistan will be a FA in 2014. And we need to finally figure out Moffitt and Carp can stay healthy and play at this level. Andy gives us a stud OG to improve our OL. He's also only 26!

NFL Draft

Round 1 (25)
Jesse Williams DT Bama 6'3 320
DT is definitely a need. Our rush defense has been suspect lately. We started the year out as the top rushing D now we've allowed too much. Williams is a stud for Bama.

Round 2 (50)
Cordarrell Patterson WR Tenn 6'3 210
this guy has athlete written all over him. Scouts have him projected at running a 4.44 40. And with his size and speed he has potential to be a legit #1.


Round 3 (87)
Kyle Long RT Oregon 6'7 312
His dad Howie said that Kyle has more potential then both him and Chris. He has the talent but is extremely raw. Played baseball for Florida State and had a DUI before going JUCO route and eventually becoming a starter at Oregon. I think he gets drafted before this strictly on name sake. But in the 3rd I can't find anything wrong with this pick low risk high reward. JS type pick here.


Round 4 (120)
Kiko Alonso OLB/ILB Oregon 6'3 242
I think Bobby SWagner is one of the most underrated players in this rookie class. But there is zero depth behind him. Alonso is a very athletic defender one the Pete will salivate over. Also could be legit OLB if Maualuga doesn't work out.


Round 5 (132) (from Oakland)
Josh Boyd UT/ DE Miss St. 6'3 300
A bright spot for Miss st. He got dominated by Bamas OL but who hasn't this year. Grabbing Boyd here we can use him in a Jones/Scruggs pass rushing role. And expand Scruggs role a little more.


Round 5 (154)
Joseph Fauria TE UCLA 6'7 255
Anyone remember Christian Fauria? This is his nephew. Match up nightmare for anyone. NFL loves pedigree.


Round 6 (168) (from Bills)
Marcus Latimore RB So. Carolina 6'0 232
His injury history is well documented. I probably watch that gruesome video 10 times out if disbelief. But a late 6th is worth it. He is a strong runner and by the time 2013 is over he will be on the field playing for us. I mean look what AP did after the same injury!?!

Round 6 (183)
Marquis Wilson WR WSU 6'3 190
I watched him during at the Spring game in Spokane. He looked like a top prospect on a crap team. If he made it down this far. I'd so take a chance on him.

Round 7 (203) (from New Orleans)
Sam Brenner OG Utah 6'4 305
I have no idea who this guy is. I'm not going to lie. He has good size and a 7th round grade from CBS sports. Plus he went against Star Lotulelie in practice maybe he learned something. But OG is a slight need. I was also thinking about a QB here. Possibly Colby Cameron of La tech or Jordan Rodgers of Vandy.

Round 7 (219)
Brandon McGee CB Miami 6'0 197
big corner with a 7th round grade. That's why I'll Mock him in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Patterson and Wilson last that long.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2147
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way Patterson and Wilson last that long.


This is how Id rank them maybe I'm wrong?

1 Williams
2 Allen
3 Woods
4 Austin
5 Hunter
6 Patterson

How many WR are going in the 1st round? Although I do agree with you Wilson is probably gone round 4-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way Patterson and Wilson last that long.


This is how Id rank them maybe I'm wrong?

1 Williams
2 Allen
3 Woods
4 Austin
5 Hunter
6 Patterson

How many WR are going in the 1st round? Although I do agree with you Wilson is probably gone round 4-5


WR is by far the most talented positional group from this 2013 class, so I wouldn't be surprised to see every player you just named plus guys like Brandon Coleman go in the 1st. This is still a passing league and quite a few teams need legit receivers. My rankings would be slightly different, and after the Combine I expect Patterson to be in the top 3, but I can see where you're coming from.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2147
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who would be a good WR that has the size speed combo that we can grab in round 2. If I were to redo my draft Id probably trade up for Allen or Williams ahead of StL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 13 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group