Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
BBIB wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
On the off chance there could anyone here who doesn't remember Kap back at the combine - he ran a faster 40 and threw the ball with more velocity (measured with the gun) than Cam. Tallerthan him and only a few pounds lighter - although he looks like he's put on a few more pounds of muscle since then. Plus he was said to be a hard worker and have a good football mind. The sky's the limit with him folks!

What I love about him (to date) is that his first instinct isn't to run with the ball. He uses his legs as a secondary weapon, and I think that's a giant problem that a lot of the running QBs have (Vick, Newton, etc). He did so many things right against a really good defense, that it's hard not to be excited about his potential.

No idea what happens from here, but I have to say it's been a LONG time since I've been this comfortable with the QB position.

To be fair the Philly version of Vick's first instinct isn't to run, he just has to naturally run for his life behind that putrid Oline of Philadelphia. (Just watch how bad it looks down the stretch with Nick Foles in the game)

Also speaking of dual threat guys, part of me is intrigued because in recent memory most dual threat QBs haven't exactly had great defenses, especially not an elite one. Vick never had anything close to an elite one. The one guy I can think of who did was Kordell Stewart and he just wasn't any good. Or Steve McNair (RIP) had one a year in Baltimore but by that time of his career he wasn't the same player.

Kaepernick could be surrounded by what could be by far the best defensive supporting cast a decent dual threat QB has ever had

So he could really jeopardize the mantra that dual threat QB can't take his team to the Super Bowl if that 49ers quad consistently has a top notch defense going forward

That 2000-2001 Titans defense was pretty damn good. #2 only to the Ravens that year and just barely at that.

You're right. I believe that was the year of that Eddie George/ Ray Lewis play

Madden Curse FTL

Also that Ravens defense that year was one of the greatest defenses of ALL TIME.

After checking the numbers,

They held the Broncos and Raiders to 3 points a piece in the playoffs, two squads that scored a whopping 30 PPG in the regular season

That defense only gave up 23 points the whole post-season. THe Titans actually scored the most points against them in the post-season with 10 LOL.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I hate the Ravens and Ray Lewis for hurting Eddie that year haha.

But Kaepernick if he continues to develop San Fran will be deadly I pull for them in the NFC but with a threat behind center such as him, and the defense WOW. Will be fun to watch

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
^I hate the Ravens and Ray Lewis for hurting Eddie that year haha.

But Kaepernick if he continues to develop San Fran will be deadly I pull for them in the NFC but with a threat behind center such as him, and the defense WOW. Will be fun to watch

Fun to watch indeed and today was a perfect example of the type of defense I'm talking about

This is probably the best supporting cast a dual threat QB has ever had.

Colin Kaepernick will have a wonderful opportunity to open doors for guys behind him and to end that stigma once and for all against dual threat guys who mostly dont get to play with a cast even close to that good
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son has taken to calling Kaepernick "Kaepernicus". Very Happy
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
My son has taken to calling Kaepernick "Kaepernicus". Very Happy
Very Happy
i bet he is a smart lil one

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Kap continue where he left off a week ago. It's hard to even imagine how good he can be when he gets a season or two under his belt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: