Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers V. Browns GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 509
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben loves Mike Wallace. Kind of a different scenario than Plax/Santonio, since Plax left after Ben's rookie year when they were still a run-first team. And Santonio burned every bridge he had in Pittsburgh, while him and Ben had many on-field miscues. I don't recall Ben ever speaking as highly of Santonio as he speaks about Wallace.

Ben has had Wallace since Wallace came into the league and they've developed a good chemistry. On top of that, Wallace is Ben's big play guy. No QB wants to give that up. He's not going to be happy about Wallace leaving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49823
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
This idea that Wallace is supposed to catch every single poorly thrown ball his way and win every game on offense by himself or else it means he "isn't trying" and "doesn't deserve paid" is getting to be pretty ridiculous.


No offense, but this comment is pretty ridiculous as well.

No one, and I repeat...NO ONE has ever said he has to catch every ball or win every game on offense. The issue is that he wants a huge contract and is likely going to want to be paid like a top 10 WR. Up until the midway point of 2011, he looked great and well worth it. Since then, he has been dropping passes regularly, giving up on routes and not coming back to the ball at all. Last year, I gave him a pass for various reasons, but his issues have not only carried into this season, but have gotten worse.

Thats why people are calling out Mike Wallace. He isnt worth the money he wants with the way he has played since mid 2011. 2010 and early 2011 Mike Wallace needs to come back at some point before he is worth a huge contract.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3243
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
^^^ it doesn't matter. The Ravens won in OT

How was that not a block in the back by Bolden? Also, it looked like the "Hines Ward' rule whatever that one is called. The play is the talk of the day but I've yet to see anyone even question the block. Am I crazy?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7250
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
^^^ it doesn't matter. The Ravens won in OT

How was that not a block in the back by Bolden? Also, it looked like the "Hines Ward' rule whatever that one is called. The play is the talk of the day but I've yet to see anyone even question the block. Am I crazy?


When I saw that I first thought of the Ward rule as well. A few games ago the Steelers were called on that on special teams. I'm not sure why that wasn't called there. Boldin obliterated the guy.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 509
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
This idea that Wallace is supposed to catch every single poorly thrown ball his way and win every game on offense by himself or else it means he "isn't trying" and "doesn't deserve paid" is getting to be pretty ridiculous.


No offense, but this comment is pretty ridiculous as well.

No one, and I repeat...NO ONE has ever said he has to catch every ball or win every game on offense. The issue is that he wants a huge contract and is likely going to want to be paid like a top 10 WR. Up until the midway point of 2011, he looked great and well worth it. Since then, he has been dropping passes regularly, giving up on routes and not coming back to the ball at all. Last year, I gave him a pass for various reasons, but his issues have not only carried into this season, but have gotten worse.

Thats why people are calling out Mike Wallace. He isnt worth the money he wants with the way he has played since mid 2011. 2010 and early 2011 Mike Wallace needs to come back at some point before he is worth a huge contract.


Has anyone at any point said he was worth top 10 money? I don't think so. If he thinks he is, and that's what he's demanding, then he's in for a reality check. I don't think any team is going to pay him that.

It's not really about what he's worth or not worth. It's about people crapping on him every time we lose a game, as if he's supposed to make magic happen when Charlie Batch can't get the ball to him. I'm not defending Wallace for some of his flaws, I've pointed them out myself. But the way some people talk of the guy is that he's some average WR with major character issues and only plays when he feels like it. I don't buy that one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49823
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
This idea that Wallace is supposed to catch every single poorly thrown ball his way and win every game on offense by himself or else it means he "isn't trying" and "doesn't deserve paid" is getting to be pretty ridiculous.


No offense, but this comment is pretty ridiculous as well.

No one, and I repeat...NO ONE has ever said he has to catch every ball or win every game on offense. The issue is that he wants a huge contract and is likely going to want to be paid like a top 10 WR. Up until the midway point of 2011, he looked great and well worth it. Since then, he has been dropping passes regularly, giving up on routes and not coming back to the ball at all. Last year, I gave him a pass for various reasons, but his issues have not only carried into this season, but have gotten worse.

Thats why people are calling out Mike Wallace. He isnt worth the money he wants with the way he has played since mid 2011. 2010 and early 2011 Mike Wallace needs to come back at some point before he is worth a huge contract.


Has anyone at any point said he was worth top 10 money? I don't think so. If he thinks he is, and that's what he's demanding, then he's in for a reality check. I don't think any team is going to pay him that.

It's not really about what he's worth or not worth. It's about people crapping on him every time we lose a game, as if he's supposed to make magic happen when Charlie Batch can't get the ball to him. I'm not defending Wallace for some of his flaws, I've pointed them out myself. But the way some people talk of the guy is that he's some average WR with major character issues and only plays when he feels like it. I don't buy that one bit.


You get that with every big name.

There are people that take a crap on Ben when he doesnt play well.

And in Wallace's case, alot of the heat he is getting this year is derserved.

Oh....and I dont know how much Wallace will want, but you can bet it will be more than Antonio Brown and likely in the 5 year/50-60 million range.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: This is a little off-topic, but for right now I'd sign:

- Foster
- Keenan Lewis
- Redman or Dwyer (trust Redman's work ethic after pay more though)
- McLendon
- Sanders
- Foote
- Will Allen
- Starks
- Lefty (look for alternative first)
- Legursky (look for alternative first)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 509
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
This idea that Wallace is supposed to catch every single poorly thrown ball his way and win every game on offense by himself or else it means he "isn't trying" and "doesn't deserve paid" is getting to be pretty ridiculous.


No offense, but this comment is pretty ridiculous as well.

No one, and I repeat...NO ONE has ever said he has to catch every ball or win every game on offense. The issue is that he wants a huge contract and is likely going to want to be paid like a top 10 WR. Up until the midway point of 2011, he looked great and well worth it. Since then, he has been dropping passes regularly, giving up on routes and not coming back to the ball at all. Last year, I gave him a pass for various reasons, but his issues have not only carried into this season, but have gotten worse.

Thats why people are calling out Mike Wallace. He isnt worth the money he wants with the way he has played since mid 2011. 2010 and early 2011 Mike Wallace needs to come back at some point before he is worth a huge contract.


Has anyone at any point said he was worth top 10 money? I don't think so. If he thinks he is, and that's what he's demanding, then he's in for a reality check. I don't think any team is going to pay him that.

It's not really about what he's worth or not worth. It's about people crapping on him every time we lose a game, as if he's supposed to make magic happen when Charlie Batch can't get the ball to him. I'm not defending Wallace for some of his flaws, I've pointed them out myself. But the way some people talk of the guy is that he's some average WR with major character issues and only plays when he feels like it. I don't buy that one bit.


You get that with every big name.

There are people that take a crap on Ben when he doesnt play well.

And in Wallace's case, alot of the heat he is getting this year is derserved.

Oh....and I dont know how much Wallace will want, but you can bet it will be more than Antonio Brown and likely in the 5 year/50-60 million range.


It's not deserved when plays are out of his control and he's still blamed for them.

I can't see anyone paying Mike Wallace 10+ million a year. Not even a team that really wants him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49823
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
This idea that Wallace is supposed to catch every single poorly thrown ball his way and win every game on offense by himself or else it means he "isn't trying" and "doesn't deserve paid" is getting to be pretty ridiculous.


No offense, but this comment is pretty ridiculous as well.

No one, and I repeat...NO ONE has ever said he has to catch every ball or win every game on offense. The issue is that he wants a huge contract and is likely going to want to be paid like a top 10 WR. Up until the midway point of 2011, he looked great and well worth it. Since then, he has been dropping passes regularly, giving up on routes and not coming back to the ball at all. Last year, I gave him a pass for various reasons, but his issues have not only carried into this season, but have gotten worse.

Thats why people are calling out Mike Wallace. He isnt worth the money he wants with the way he has played since mid 2011. 2010 and early 2011 Mike Wallace needs to come back at some point before he is worth a huge contract.


Has anyone at any point said he was worth top 10 money? I don't think so. If he thinks he is, and that's what he's demanding, then he's in for a reality check. I don't think any team is going to pay him that.

It's not really about what he's worth or not worth. It's about people crapping on him every time we lose a game, as if he's supposed to make magic happen when Charlie Batch can't get the ball to him. I'm not defending Wallace for some of his flaws, I've pointed them out myself. But the way some people talk of the guy is that he's some average WR with major character issues and only plays when he feels like it. I don't buy that one bit.


You get that with every big name.

There are people that take a crap on Ben when he doesnt play well.

And in Wallace's case, alot of the heat he is getting this year is derserved.

Oh....and I dont know how much Wallace will want, but you can bet it will be more than Antonio Brown and likely in the 5 year/50-60 million range.


It's not deserved when plays are out of his control and he's still blamed for them.

I can't see anyone paying Mike Wallace 10+ million a year. Not even a team that really wants him.


I agree with that, but most of what Im seeing is people getting mad at him for plays that he SHOULD have made. I didnt see the game yesterday, but he has underperformed much of this season.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 509
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's playing in a contract year, his motivation should be unquestioned. If it's anything, he missed camp and he's just a bad fit in this offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8826
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I can't see anyone paying Mike Wallace 10+ million a year. Not even a team that really wants him.


The NFL is a market that paid Vincent Jackson 11/year. Any team that looks at this year as a short term slump and thinks they'll be getting 2010-2011 Wallace would certainly pay 10/year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11902
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
I can't see anyone paying Mike Wallace 10+ million a year. Not even a team that really wants him.


The NFL is a market that paid Vincent Jackson 11/year. Any team that looks at this year as a short term slump and thinks they'll be getting 2010-2011 Wallace would certainly pay 10/year.


Mike Wallace has been in a slump since the mid of last season and really hasn't show much since. He's being out performed in Ben's absence by E. Sanders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group