Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The playoff hunt thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6079
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Team Im most afraid of is us, there isn't a team in the NFL that can even hang with us when we play like we did in Houston and Chicago. That team ever decides to show up again, Im fully confident.

The thing is, with a confident team that is full of "leaders" we continually show up and play soft, unemotional, without effort and skate by with a close win. The team that played the 49ers, Colts, Seahawks, Jags, Lions and Giants shows up and we are one and done, because that team isn't even playoff worthy. The sad part is, I don't have the slightest clue who to blame for the fact that our best product has shown up for 2/11 games thus far. Question
\


bingo!

you said it a little better than maybe i did in my post above but that's my biggest fear

we have played 2 complete games this year... the rest of our wins we managed to suck less than the opponent on that given day...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3626
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:


im not scared of any team specifically more than another... the sad part is im scared of every team at any given moment...

whose to say we dont lay another egg against a team we should beat in the next 5 games

should we win out the rest of the year on paper? yes... will we? who knows

we let an overrated garbage colts team past us because we 0 killer instinct... i don't care what they have done record wise, they will do nothing come January, just like the packers

were a dome team playing outdoors & we will struggle in more than 1 of our remaining 3 home games, you can quote me on that

am i overeacting? not really... i doubt we will get worked like we did last night for a long long time (this team doesnt lay down like that) but it wont matter if we lose by 1 point against the 9ers or the giants in the playoffs, the fact that we cant win those games is worrisome

a blind person listening to the radio could tell you this team is as predictable as the sun is hot


You forget that every team drops a stinker now and then. The Giants got crushed by the Bengals two weeks ago. Smothered. The 9ers got shellacked by the Vikings. The Saints lost to the Chiefs. The fact that this is the first time we've gotten rocked in the regular season in literally several seasons (to the defending world champs at their home coming off their bye while they got added motivation from a kid with cancer) should make you more optimistic about our chances, not throw the season away.

Now what happens if we win by one point? what happens if it takes 5 overtimes for a team so score a single point in the playoffs? What if we come out on top of a tight scored affair? There IS NO fact that we can't win those games. The fact about them is that we've lost to them this season.

To suggest we can't win a Super Bowl because we use our All-Universe QB too much is too much. We ran the ball way too much with bad backs and run blocking. Third and 8 after two feeble rushing attempts isn't much better than third and 10 after two incompletions. I'll take the passes in that case.
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13988
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
driftwood wrote:


im not scared of any team specifically more than another... the sad part is im scared of every team at any given moment...

whose to say we dont lay another egg against a team we should beat in the next 5 games

should we win out the rest of the year on paper? yes... will we? who knows

we let an overrated garbage colts team past us because we 0 killer instinct... i don't care what they have done record wise, they will do nothing come January, just like the packers

were a dome team playing outdoors & we will struggle in more than 1 of our remaining 3 home games, you can quote me on that

am i overeacting? not really... i doubt we will get worked like we did last night for a long long time (this team doesnt lay down like that) but it wont matter if we lose by 1 point against the 9ers or the giants in the playoffs, the fact that we cant win those games is worrisome

a blind person listening to the radio could tell you this team is as predictable as the sun is hot


You forget that every team drops a stinker now and then. The Giants got crushed by the Bengals two weeks ago. Smothered. The 9ers got shellacked by the Vikings. The Saints lost to the Chiefs. The fact that this is the first time we've gotten rocked in the regular season in literally several seasons (to the defending world champs at their home coming off their bye while they got added motivation from a kid with cancer) should make you more optimistic about our chances, not throw the season away.

Now what happens if we win by one point? what happens if it takes 5 overtimes for a team so score a single point in the playoffs? What if we come out on top of a tight scored affair? There IS NO fact that we can't win those games. The fact about them is that we've lost to them this season.

To suggest we can't win a Super Bowl because we use our All-Universe QB too much is too much. We ran the ball way too much with bad backs and run blocking. Third and 8 after two feeble rushing attempts isn't much better than third and 10 after two incompletions. I'll take the passes in that case.


Just cause you win doesn't mean you didn't lay a stinker. To me winning because you showed your talent in the last few minutes, or because you are overwhelmingly more talented and let a bad team hang around is still a stinker. We've laid 9 this year IMO, the team that played the Bears and the Texans is the 2010 playoff team and the team that won 13 in a row last year. We've seen that team twice this year, inexcusable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6079
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
Third and 8 after two feeble rushing attempts isn't much better than third and 10 after two incompletions. I'll take the passes in that case.


i agree, our strength is passing... except if the packers pass on 1st & 2nd it wont be 3rd & 10, it'll be 3rd & 17 because of sacks & pressures. we cant keep surviving like that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 30382
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell we still got a very legit shot at the #1 seed.

We win out.
ATL loses to NO, NYG, TB
NYG lose to BAL
SF loses to NE, SEA

Some important games (other than our own):
Week 13: NO @ ATL (thurs), SEA @ CHI, NYG @ WAS
Week 14: CHI @ MIN, NO @ NYG,
Week 15: NYG @ ATL, GB @ CHI, SF @ NE
Week 16: NYG @ BAL, SF @ SEA

Week 15 is gonna be HUGE for the playoffs. Should be a fun one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpTheSeam85


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty simple, we win out and we win the division, not much else to say. With the Vikings twice, the Lions at home, the Titans at home, and the Bears, this division really should come down to the game in Soldier Field. I don't see Chicago losing any other games so we have to win out to win the division, perhaps they lose to Seattle but I doubt it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7125
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty crazy that it looks like 6/8 division winners will repeat. If we take our division that 7/8. And we may only have 3 new playoff teams. Indy could take one spot, Chicago looks to be in, and whoever else makes it in the NFC/AFC. If Saints take it they aren't new. Neither would Cincy or Pitt who both have a game up on anyone else for the 2nd WC. If Colts, Saints, Bears/Packers, and Steelers take the WC spots, the only new playoff teams are Bears and Colts.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7899
Location: Titletown for the summer!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if we don't win our division we did pretty well the last time we were the wild card team... Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3626
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Pretty crazy that it looks like 6/8 division winners will repeat. If we take our division that 7/8. And we may only have 3 new playoff teams. Indy could take one spot, Chicago looks to be in, and whoever else makes it in the NFC/AFC. If Saints take it they aren't new. Neither would Cincy or Pitt who both have a game up on anyone else for the 2nd WC. If Colts, Saints, Bears/Packers, and Steelers take the WC spots, the only new playoff teams are Bears and Colts.


I was thinking about this. When making my preseason picks, I cited the fact that only half the teams that makes the playoffs in one season return the next in an average year. But I had a hard time finding new teams and picked 10 to return.

It's a realistic possibility that the same 6 AFC teams will be in the playoffs.
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaryTsraining3s


Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 67
Location: North
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears got really banged up against the Vikings yesterday too. They suffered several key injuries including Briggs, Forte, L. Louie that guard who is out for the year, Tillman plus a few more. Lets see how they handle a page out of our playbook. Could be huge down the stretch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpTheSeam85


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
The Bears got really banged up against the Vikings yesterday too. They suffered several key injuries including Briggs, Forte, L. Louie that guard who is out for the year, Tillman plus a few more. Lets see how they handle a page out of our playbook. Could be huge down the stretch.

If they could lose 2 more NOT including the loss they will be handed by us then I think this division is ours easy. Just have to hope they can lose some games they shouldn't. Should be a interesting and nerve wreaking home stretch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12935
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Giants 7-4 (5-0) (12-4)
Dallas Cowboys 5-6 (5-0) (10-6)
Washington Redskins 5-6 (3-2) (8-8)
Philadelphia Eagles 3-8 (0-5) (3-13)

Green Bay Packers 7-4 (5-0) (12-4)
Chicago Bears 8-3 (3-2) (11-5)
Minnesota Vikings 6-5 (0-5) (6-10)
Detroit Lions 4-7 (2-3) (6-10)

Atlanta Falcons 10-1 (2-3) (12-4)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-5 (4-1) (10-6)
Carolina Panthers 3-8 (5-0) (8-8)
New Orleans Saints 5-6 (0-5) (5-11)

San Francisco 49ers 8-2-1 (4-1) (12-3-1)
Seattle Seahawks 6-5 (4-1) (10-6)
St. Louis 4-6-1 (2-3) (6-9-1)
Arizona Cardinals 4-7 (0-5)

NFC
1 San Francisco 49ers
2 New York Giants
3 Green Bay Packers
4 Atlanta Falcons
5 Chicago Bears
6 Seattle Seahawks

Seattle @ Green Bay
Chicago @ Atlanta

Chicago @ San Francisco
Green Bay @ New York Giants

New York Giants @ San Francisco



Superb Owl:
New York Giants New England







I would say we are clearly a top three team in the NFC. Possibly top 5 team in the NFL through this season. Problem is how good those other teams are. Denver has shown huge inconsistencies, Houston/Chicago haven't been dominant. New England/New York G/San Francisco are shoulders above teams right now IMO. I had doubts about NY after Mannings past couple games/Cincinnati game as a team but when they click they are as good/better as/than Green Bay when clicking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12935
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: please don't cry guys. I know it's hard



New York Giants 7-5 (4-0) (11-5)
Washington Redskins 6-6 (4-0) (10-6)
Dallas Cowboys 6-6 (3-1) (9-7)
Philadelphia Eagles 3-9 (0-4) (3-13)

Green Bay Packers 8-4 (4-0) (12-4)
Chicago Bears 8-4 (3-1) (11-5)
Minnesota Vikings 6-6 (0-4) (6-10)
Detroit Lions 4-8 (1-3) (5-11)

yAtlanta Falcons 11-1 (2-2) (13-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-6 (4-0) (10-6)
Carolina Panthers 3-9 (3-1) (6-10)
New Orleans Saints 5-7 (0-4) (5-11)

San Francisco 49ers 8-3-1 (3-1) (11-4-1)
Seattle Seahawks 7-5 (3-1) (10-6)
St. Louis Rams 5-6-1 (2-2) (7-8-1)
Arizona Cardinals 4-8 (0-4) (4-12)


NFC playoffs
1 Atlanta Falcons
2 Green Bay Packers
3 San Francisco 49ers
4 New York Giants
wc Chicago Bears
wc Washington Redskins (they have tie breakers over Seattle, Buccaneers)

Washington @ San Francisco
Chicago @ New York Giants

New York Giants @ Atlanta
San Francisco @ Green Bay

New York Giants @ Green Bay


Superb Owl:

New York Giants @ Denver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
packerjmf


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 1653
Location: KC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Makes me hate the Giants even more. We beat them in the NFCCG but they still get to go to the Superb Owl. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12935
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerjmf wrote:
^Makes me hate the Giants even more. We beat them in the NFCCG but they still get to go to the Superb Owl. Evil or Very Mad
craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap meant to bold NYG Sad I make one of these mistakes every darn time. But yeah. We win out, beat SF at home, look like the exorcising of demons, lose to the Giants, little Manning loses the Manning off in New Orleans. How insane would that be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group