Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More or less thoughts, but still a few ups and downs.

Ups:

Emmanuel Sanders. Stepping up to be the only play maker the last couple of weeks. Heath had a nice game as well.

Team defense. Just a great job overall

Downs:

Running game

a) Running backs- Game plan was obviously one where the running game was the pure focus. None of our 4 backs could really contribute. Game rested on their shoulders and they fell flat.

b) Coaching - I thought it was a terrible game plan out of the gate, but i will touch on that in a minute. Never liked the "hot hand" decision and really hurt yesterday. Running backs fumble. It happens. Play your BEST OPTION, not the one who hasnt fumbled yet. Didnt like seeing Rainey - a rookie, small, running back only by name - taking the majority of snaps at the end of the game. Play the best guy that gives you the best chance to win. Whether that be Mendy, or Redman, or Dywer - figure it out.

Batch/playcalling

a) Batch doesn't have much left it appears. No arm strength of either his deep or intermediate passes. He may be a great locker room guy or a great mentor to Ben, but his physical tools wont win you a game if thats all he has.

b) In my opinion we were definitely playing not to lose and that's never a good thing. Biggest question to me is why a 16(?) year vet is being coddled like a 1st start rookie. I thought the reason he was kept was so if this situation ever occurs we could survive in our offense? If that's all he has, id rather have a young guy who may be more prone to make mistakes now, that can grow in the offense as a backup and has the tools to actual make the throws. Just watching Batch be incapable of making NFL throws makes me wonder if they kept him around because he is a good team guy and never thought it would come to this.

The Receivers - Wallace is in no way, shape, or form a #1 receiver. He was never a good technical route runner, he never worked back to the ball, and he is no sort of physical threat. He is THE elite deep threat in the NFL, but take away him running by people, and he is a pretty pedestrian receiver - and it shows with backups playing. I like Wallace on this team whenever Brown is healthy and Sanders/Cotch are able to run in the slot. I dont think we have a solid #1, but when they all are together is a pretty tough match up. There just isn't a receiver on this team on a third down and 6 that you can look to no matter the coverage or scheme.

Not a good game from the offensive standpoint. Need to move on and get better for a big game this weekend. Hopefully the D keeps stepping it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: