Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL II: The Multiple Seasons Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Ha! During the Dolphins Seahawks game the sprinklers on the field came on in,the middle of the game. Laughing

Well played, sir, well played.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz! Your boy Kapernick went off last night vs the vaunted bears D buddy. He looked awesome. IMO he won that job, it seemed Harbaugh was leaning that way as well at the after the game press conference.... Shocked

He is really looking like a playmaker today against the Saints too.

Looks like he gained aLOT of weight when he grew up to the NFL. I don't know how much, but I caught a few games in Vegas and he looked REALLY stringbean skinny in college--------like he's gonna get hurt skinny. But now he looks muscular and proportioned really well for someone his height
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh,Bradshaw! Hold them to.3!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha,Eli overthrows wide open FB Laughing

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on A Rod,answer back

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoooooo! Td baby

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice D by the Pack

mike23md on the sig
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticing other teams copying what we are doing with Griffin now?

I saw SF run Kaepernick on a Beautiful Read Option to the left that looked similar to what we do with Griff

But I have been seeing other teams try plays unusual to them too that we have had success with. What have you guys seen?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz! Your boy Kapernick went off last night vs the vaunted bears D buddy. He looked awesome. IMO he won that job, it seemed Harbaugh was leaning that way as well at the after the game press conference.... Shocked

Looks like he gained aLOT of weight when he grew up to the NFL. I don't know how much, but I caught a few games in Vegas and he looked REALLY stringbean skinny in college--------like he's gonna get hurt skinny. But now he looks muscular and proportioned really well for someone his height
Yeah, he used to be a toothpick. I thought the same thing. He looks like he's definitely been hitting the weight room and I too think he looks good. He has always had a strong arm and been accurate. I think SF has found their future franchise qb.

Too bad for Alex Smith but I've always seen him as a place holder type qb anyways. He's never been elite, just smart, doesn't turn the ball over and overall good, but not great. I don't think will ever have a hard time finding a job in the nfl moving forward, but I doubt he will ever go into another camp as a definite starter again.

I guess I'd put Alex Smith and Jason Campbell in a similar category. Good, nothing special, needs a lot of help from playmakers, more a spot starter or great back up than a definite starter.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Anyone noticing other teams copying what we are doing with Griffin now?

I saw SF run Kaepernick on a Beautiful Read Option to the left that looked similar to what we do with Griff

But I have been seeing other teams try plays unusual to them too that we have had success with. What have you guys seen?
Didn't we get that from Denver and Carolina last year?

Denver used it for Tebow and Carolina used it with Cam Newton.

Seems to me we've taken from those offenses.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1435845-chargers-will-reportedly-fire-norv-turner-and-aj-smith-after-season?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Norv Turner and Aj Smith to be fired at the end of the year

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah, he used to be a toothpick. I thought the same thing. He looks like he's definitely been hitting the weight room and I too think he looks good. He has always had a strong arm and been accurate. I think SF has found their future franchise qb.

Too bad for Alex Smith but I've always seen him as a place holder type qb anyways. He's never been elite, just smart, doesn't turn the ball over and overall good, but not great. I don't think will ever have a hard time finding a job in the nfl moving forward, but I doubt he will ever go into another camp as a definite starter again.

I guess I'd put Alex Smith and Jason Campbell in a similar category. Good, nothing special, needs a lot of help from playmakers, more a spot starter or great back up than a definite starter.

Jason Campbell and Alex Smith similar Rolling Eyes
Well-- they could trade him this off-season.. That will determine his league value .. What did we get for J C.. Was it Ham or Tuna ..??? Laughing
Gosh I should just delete this -- nah! Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Jason Campbell and Alex Smith similar Rolling Eyes
Well-- they could trade him this off-season.. That will determine his league value .. What did we get for J C.. Was it Ham or Tuna ..??? Laughing
Gosh I should just delete this -- nah! Wink
why aren't Smith and Campbell similar?

They both went through numerous systems and coordinators in their careers. Neither had a lot of talented wrs to work with as qbs throughout thier careers. Neither had a true #1 guy. Both had offenses that had great tight ends and great running games.

I'd actually say Smith has gotten more support than jC ever did as a redskin and that helped Smith succeed.

1. He has better coaching with Harbaugh
2. He has better tight ends to work the intermediate part of the field and even down field with Davis' and Delany's speed and versatility. JC had Cooley, but Cooley was a never a stretch the field big play type of TE like Vernon Davis

3. The niners have a better offensive line than JC ever had to work with as a starter in DC

4. The niners have a better defense than the reds skins ever did while JC was our starter.

5. The niners have a better special teams than JC ever enjoyed in his time in DC.

So, there's where I'm coming from.

I don't see Alex Smith getting traded either. If he did though, he'd net a mid round pick in return just like JC did. Smith is a solid player who can protect the ball, make good decisions and rely on his weapons to do th work for him and rely heavily on his running game, D and special teams to win games for him if he doesn't mess up. That's exactly what JC is.

Neither qb is going to carry an offense on his shoulders to a Super Bowl but with a lot of help they could be like a Trent dilfer.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kaepernick does well the rest of the way and in the Playoffs, I'd think Smith would be traded.
I expect a a team would swap their high #1 and a number 3 or maybe a number 2 for Smith and the Niners #1.. Some kinda trade invovling picks and Smith.. I don't think he'd garner a high, straight first round pick.
You know the ONE thing I really remember about Campbell's time here..
He got hurt against Chicago--dislocate knee cap and a journeyman QB ( Collins ) playing with the same players -came in, won 5 games in a row and took us to the Playoffs.
I can't say I remember the roster but he did have Samuels, Portis, Santana and the defense was always decent then..
Anyway, water over the dam.. My point is- again, Smith will be traded and bring in some nice picks to S F.. We'll see .. Razz
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
If Kaepernick does well the rest of the way and in the Playoffs, I'd think Smith would be traded.

You know the ONE thing I really remember about Campbell's time here..
He got hurt against Chicago--dislocate knee cap and a journeyman QB ( Collins ) playing with the same players -came in, won 5 games in a row and took us to the Playoffs.

I can't say I remember the roster but he did have Samuels, Portis, Santana and the defense was always decent then..
Anyway, water over the dam.. My point is- again, Smith will be traded and bring in some nice picks to S F.. We'll see .. Razz
you mean when Campbell was in his 2nd year and 1st year as an NFL starter? And Colin's had been in the same offense for 5 years?

yeah. Just like I told Lavar when he claimed we'd trade for Dwayne Bowe. Please let me know when this happens:

Quote:
I expect a a team would swap their high #1 and a number 3 or maybe a number 2 for Smith and the Niners #1.. Some kinda trade invovling picks and Smith.. I don't think he'd garner a high, straight first round pick
Alex smith is an average starter in the league just like Jason Campbell on a team that isn't loaded with talent around him. NFL exec's know that. He won't garner anything close to what you are proposing.

Who's going to trade for him? Teams like AZ or KC that have failed with their last attempts in trading for a qb in hopes he'd become their franchise guy?

Yeah... I doubt that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 41 of 73

Jump to: