Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

my 2013 mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: my 2013 mock Reply with quote

scott gone replaced by Lake Dawson
head coach gone replaced by Andy Reid

players resigned
Dwayne Bowe
Brandon Albert
Shuan Smith
Peyton Hillis

free agents signed
Andy Levitre og
Randy Starks nt/de
William Moore s

draft
#1 Manti Te'o ilb notre dame
#33 Xavier Rhodes cb florida state
#65 Zach Ertz te stanford
#97 Aaron Murray qb georgia
#129 Sam Brenner og utah
#161 James Ferentz c iowa
#193 Oscar Johnson ot la tech
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So our qb's are Stanzi and Murray?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

and matt cassel i know i know i dont like the guy either but this is a horrible year to try and start completely fresh at qb
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

and matt cassel i know i know i dont like the guy either but this is a horrible year to try and start completely fresh at qb

Not sure if serious Confused

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

unfortunetly i was being serious theres just not much as far as options this year the draft doesnt hold a player like luck or rgIII and taking barkley or smith with #1 overall would be a big mistake and the free agents wouldnt be much of a upgrade Flacco wont hit the market Matt Moore is a possibility but really how much of a upgrade would he be to cassel who we would have to countinue to pay anyway. so ya id say for now we keep cassel as a back up
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

unfortunetly i was being serious theres just not much as far as options this year the draft doesnt hold a player like luck or rgIII and taking barkley or smith with #1 overall would be a big mistake and the free agents wouldnt be much of a upgrade Flacco wont hit the market Matt Moore is a possibility but really how much of a upgrade would he be to cassel who we would have to countinue to pay anyway. so ya id say for now we keep cassel as a back up

One of these QB's in this draft is going to be good. They just have to pick him.

I think it's a similar draft to the Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco class. Both are guys I'd be happy with right now over our current situation and it isn't even close. Luck and Griffen came in with more highly regarded status than any of this years guys but I guarantee some guy in this draft will be regarded higher than Tannehill and he went 8th. Whoever that guy is - they have to take him, and if it's at #1 overall - oh well.

We complain about Clark being cheap with the cap - well here's an example of where the fan base gets cheap. They want guys drafted but want them drafted in the most valuable position - like people wanting Glennon at the top of the 2nd.

I love Glennon although I still have him behind Smith. However if he was the top QB in the draft I'd not think twice about taking him #1 overall. Get your QB!

This is a QB starved team that likely will pick #1 overall. They get the chance to take the best QB in the draft whomever it is before ANYONE else. They must do this. Whoever the guy ends up being.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

One of these QB's in this draft is going to be good. They just have to pick him.

I think it's a similar draft to the Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco class. Both are guys I'd be happy with right now over our current situation and it isn't even close. Luck and Griffen came in with more highly regarded status than any of this years guys but I guarantee some guy in this draft will be regarded higher than Tannehill and he went 8th. Whoever that guy is - they have to take him, and if it's at #1 overall - oh well.

We complain about Clark being cheap with the cap - well here's an example of where the fan base gets cheap. They want guys drafted but want them drafted in the most valuable position - like people wanting Glennon at the top of the 2nd.

I love Glennon although I still have him behind Smith. However if he was the top QB in the draft I'd not think twice about taking him #1 overall. Get your QB!

This is a QB starved team that likely will pick #1 overall. They get the chance to take the best QB in the draft whomever it is before ANYONE else. They must do this. Whoever the guy ends up being.
i think thats a mistake you cant take a mediocre guy #1 overall just becuase he's the best turd in a pile of poop i think we need to take the player that will have the most impact in a positive way and to me that player is Te'o
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I am not knocking you AR86, but this comment doesn't make any sense to me. I just don't get the idea of drafting a position simply based on need when considering the other talent.

If you need a QB and you are sitting at #1 in a draft with a Matt Cassel Jr. as the highest graded QB prospect but you have a Demarcus Ware and a Deion Sanders sitting there, do you take Jr. just because you feel QB is your biggest need? Now, I am not saying that there isn't any talent at QB and that there is a Ware or Sanders equivalent prospect, but if as a team you evaluate talent and you do not feel there is a franchise QB in comparison with elite talent at other positions, then IMO you have to consider other options.

I just don't ascribe to the notion of rubber stamping #1 perceived need = #1 pick, #2 perceived need = #2 pick, and so on.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

i think thats a mistake you cant take a mediocre guy #1 overall just becuase he's the best turd in a pile of poop i think we need to take the player that will have the most impact in a positive way and to me that player is Te'o

Currently Geno Smith would be solidly in the top 10 of available players in next years draft. Far cry from 'best turd in a pile of poop' don't ya think?

The problem everyone seems to have is that lightning rod prospects such as Luck/Griffen aren't in this draft and therefore these guys are all future journeyman - and that would be what I'd see as a mistake!
Get well soon EB29!!
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Currently Geno Smith would be solidly in the top 10 of available players in next years draft. Far cry from 'best turd in a pile of poop' don't ya think?

The problem everyone seems to have is that lightning rod prospects such as Luck/Griffen aren't in this draft and therefore these guys are all future journeyman - and that would be what I'd see as a mistake!
ya he might have taken Tannehill's spot i just dont see him as a franchise qb i think we can find our starter later in the draft with either Aaron Murray or Landry Jones
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I am not knocking you AR86, but this comment doesn't make any sense to me. I just don't get the idea of drafting a position simply based on need when considering the other talent.

If you need a QB and you are sitting at #1 in a draft with a Matt Cassel Jr. as the highest graded QB prospect but you have a Demarcus Ware and a Deion Sanders sitting there, do you take Jr. just because you feel QB is your biggest need? Now, I am not saying that there isn't any talent at QB and that there is a Ware or Sanders equivalent prospect, but if as a team you evaluate talent and you do not feel there is a franchise QB in comparison with elite talent at other positions, then IMO you have to consider other options.

I just don't ascribe to the notion of rubber stamping #1 perceived need = #1 pick, #2 perceived need = #2 pick, and so on.

Look at the comparison you made in order for the argument to make sense:

Ware or Deion Sanders vs Cassel Jr

You followed up saying you don't actually believe there is such a lack of talent as the argument you made - so it seems to me you already know the comparison has no element of reality to it.

We need a QB.. there is a QB in this draft that will be worthy of a high draft choice... we have a high draft choice.. we need to spend that high draft choice on the best QB because simply stated, unlike any other position - he will be worth it!

Why are we being cheap on the draft choice value? Especially in this current format where draft choices don't carry the immense financial burden they once did!

We need the best QB in the draft and we have the 1st choice of taking him - whoever he is. We need to take him.
Get well soon EB29!!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

ya he might have taken Tannehill's spot i just dont see him as a franchise qb i think we can find our starter later in the draft with either Aaron Murray or Landry Jones

And you're ok with some OTHER team finding a guy potentially better (and clearly in their view will have been deemed better or they would have taken the other guy) in the first round while we shop for a sale?
Get well soon EB29!!

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

My point is Cassel and Quinn don't even add anything as a "veteran presence" nor are they capable of coming in relief and contributing to a win.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

And you're ok with some OTHER team finding a guy potentially better (and clearly in their view will have been deemed better or they would have taken the other guy) in the first round while we shop for a sale?

I would not say we are bargain shopping here. We have a chance to take some Stellar players. Unfortanutley theres not a stellar QB class. The term I would use is Settle. Do we settle for Matt Barkley? Do we Settle for Geno? I'd rather look at tape then combine numbers. And this far no QB has fought hard enough for the number 1 pick (maybe Johnny football, he's a freshmen though) so clearly there are players on defense and other positions who have been more consistent that are worthy of the #1 pick. If your picking #1 the QB you pick better change the face of the organization I think we can snag one in the 2nd whose all around grade= slightly less then the first QB off the board. We could trade for smith,Bradford,rivers,cutler,Campbell,Henne,Mallet, I'd take those guys I listed before I take smith or Barkley. In Te'o I trust at #1
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I would not say we are bargain shopping here. We have a chance to take some Stellar players. Unfortanutley theres not a stellar QB class. The term I would use is Settle. Do we settle for Matt Barkley? Do we Settle for Geno? I'd rather look at tape then combine numbers. And this far no QB has fought hard enough for the number 1 pick (maybe Johnny football, he's a freshmen though) so clearly there are players on defense and other positions who have been more consistent that are worthy of the #1 pick. If your picking #1 the QB you pick better change the face of the organization I think we can snag one in the 2nd whose all around grade= slightly less then the first QB off the board. We could trade for smith,Bradford,rivers,cutler,Campbell,Henne,Mallet, I'd take those guys I listed before I take smith or Barkley. In Te'o I trust at #1
finally someone gets it taking a qb 1st overall just becuase he's a qb can do more damage to a team then good if he's not worthy of the spot. the differance between Smith,Manuel,Murray,Jones isnt that great i happen to like the way Murray and Jones play i think they fit our ball controll run first style.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: