Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Willy_law's Blood Thirsting Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Willy_law's Blood Thirsting Mock Reply with quote

We finish 4- 12 and end up with the 5th overall pick. We will roll with Foles at starter as I do not trust any QB in this draft to be our franchise

We clean house and fire every single one of our main coaches.
Hirings

Head Coach – Ray Horton Arizona Cardinals –

Horton brings the 34 but realizes we do not necessarily have the pieces rto implement immediately. So he plans to mix both but stay 43 til he can get his personnel in the fold. Arizona’s D is no joke so he has the body of work to show

Offensive Coordinator - Norm Chow UCLA – We convince Norm to come back, he had a brief stint as the Titans OC and improved the offense each year he was there and even made Vince Young look viable and effective. Norm also knows that when he has a good running back to run the damn ball. Look at Jonathan Franklin this year.

Defensive Coordinator - Pepper Johnson New England Pats – being a former Defensive player he will command a respect in the locker room and have a huge presence on the sidelines. New England runs a 43 but also has shown looks of 34, Pepper and Ray will be able to coordinate the defense and ultimately make the transition to the 34.

Special Teams - Dave Fipp Miami Dolphins – The former assistant special teams coach gets his own job finally. His use of Marcus Thigpen in the return game, he will help fix the holes we have

Cuts

Michael Vick
Jason Avant – PE is right we can do better ( training camp cut)
Jason Babin
Brandon Hughes
Cullen Jenkins
Mattress Bell
Colt Anderson
Dion Lewis
Jon Dorenbos
Daryll Tapp
Trent Edwards
Derek Landri

[b]Paycut

Jason Peters
Nnamdi - Traded away with this paycut to Baltimore who believes they can utilize him in a way that will give his old career a new burst. They give us their 3rd and a conditional 3rd or 4th for next year.

Resign
King Dunlap – versatility
DRC – Has been great for us this season
Akeem Jordan – Good on special teams and solid back up

Free Agency

Matt Moore QB - Back up option at QB

Deuce Lutui OG - Not signed to start but to provide a solid back up option on the inside line and can swing RG or LG

Israel Idonije DE/DT - With the switch to the 34 we need scheme diverse DL and Idonije is exactly that, he can play DT in a 43 or 34 DE.

Zak DeOssie LB/LS - I know we all love the magic man in Dorenbos but DeOssie gives a back up LB as well as a long snapper and a special teams ace. Its all about flexibility.

Greg Toler CB - Had gotten buried a bit under neath a lot of clutter in the Cards depth chart but Toler is a surprisingly physical corner who can easily be our 3rd or 4th CB

Geno Hayes OLB - competition at WILL

NFL DRAFT

1st Round - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M -
Our franchise RT or LT or wherever you want to put him, the drafting of him allows us to kick the Todd Father back inside where he belongs. Joeckel should provide long term stability

2nd Round - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State -

Poyer is a baller, he makes plays in the secondary and is not afraid to mix it up in the secondary. Poyers development along side Boykin will be pivotal to this teams development

3rd Round - Robert Lester S Alabama -

I almost went WR here but the talent at WR is really deep compared to safeties. Lester is a solid S who has made strides on the back end of the Bama D. Lester could use the combine to improve his stock but as for now Lester falls to us in the 3rd

3rd round ( Baltimore) - Margus Hunt DE/DT SMU -
Hunt is a behemoth and can play the 43 DE or the 34 DE. His physical features alone will get him looks from teams. Hunt has shown consistent improvement through out the year and could bring us size on the line we have never seen before

4th Round - Trent Murphy OLB - Stanford -

After watching some tape looking for plays by Skov or Thomas. I stumbled across and Murphy and came away highly impressed. Murphy is a 34 OLB but could back OLB in the 43 and play some DE as we make the transition. Murphy is one of the versatile players that this hybrid 34/ 43 D will be centered around

5th Round - Michael Williams TE Alabama -

I believe Celek can handle all the pass catching duties but on the blocking side Celek lacks a bit. Michael Williams is brought in to be the HUGE run blocking TE but do not sleep on Williams, he also provides us a target in the redzone

6th Round - Marquess Wilson WR Washington State -

The kid has character concerns out the wazoo but the kid has talent. He is arguably a 1st round talent that we grab in the 6th round. If he ever gets his head on straight he could be major for us.

7th Round - Sam Schwartzstein C Stanford - Kelce wont just be handed this job

7th Round ( Denver) - Duron Harmon S Rutgers

- The Rutgers prospect was a former All Big East selection in his junior year when he tallied 5 ints. He is smart player who will also provide value on special teams

UDFA -
Jeff Tuel QB Washington State

QB - Foles/ Moore/ Tuel
RB - McCoy/Brown/ Polk
FB - Havili
WR - Jackson/ Maclin/ Cooper/ Wilson/ Johnson
TE - Celek/ Williams/ Harbor
LT - Peters/ Dunlap
LG - Herremans / Lutui
C - Kelce / Schwartzstein
RG - Mathis / Watkins
RT - Joeckel / Kelly

Total 25

Defense 4-3 at the moment
DE - Graham /P.Hunt/ M. Hunt
DT - Cox / Thornton
DT - Patterson / Idonije
DE - Cole / Curry
SAM - Kendricks / DeOssie/ Murphy
MIKE - Ryans / Chaney
WILL - Hayes / Jordan
CB - DRC / Boykin/ Marsh
CB - Poyer / Toler
FS - Allen/ Harmon
SS - Lester / Coleman

Total 25

How this D could translate to 3-4, obviously it would need more than 1 off-season to get where it needs to be. Realize Ryans becomes weak in the 34 D however.

DE - Cole /M.Hunt
NT - Patterson/ Thornton ( Address NT problem in next offseason)
DE - Cox /Idonije

OLB - Murphy/Graham
ILB - Kendricks / Hayes / Jordan
ILB - Ryans / Chaney (find a true ILB)
OLB - Curry /P Hunt/ DeOssie ( Get another rush LB to start for next offeseason)

CB - DRC / Boykin/ Marsh
CB - Poyer / Toler
FS - Allen/ Harmon
SS - Lester / Coleman

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner

Last edited by willy_law on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock. I like it. Horton isnt one of my top choices aa HC but Id be fine with him. Rest of the hires are fine with me. Not a huge fan of Pepper...but Horton would run the D anyway.

As for FA....with all the cuts you made...we will have a lot of salary cap and I don't think you have us using the minimum that we have to...Idonije is the only real big signing and I doubt he gets over 4 yrs/$24 million. Moore is nice doe....bt Id prefer if you made one more significant signing...

The draft is the best part. I love it. Joeckel hell yes....Poyer is great....Lester is my favorite safety in this whole class....Murphy is very underrated.....I like Hunt a lot...freakig love Marquess Wilson. If we got him in the sixth that'd be robbery

I majorly disagre with what you saidabout QBs....I don't trust Foles and if we pass on Wilson Ill be very mad. I mean with the extra third round pick we could trade up to the second or low first and get Wilson at 5 and whatever OT is there in the late first or second....whether its Fisher, Aboushi or Williams....I love allf them. But Joeckel is the best OT still.....I wouldn't be as mad if we took him instead of a QB

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For trying to switch to a 3-4 you didn't make any effort to get scheme players.

That 3-4 set up would be the worst defense in nfl history.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Its not an immediate switch, its a process. We would run 43 as our base but the players that are being drafted and signed are going to allow for the 34 to become the primary D. I am well aware Patterson is not a NT or anything to that extent. I am saying that we slowly build to the 34 with Horton instead of making the one year. If we wanted to make it a one year thing. don't draft Joeckel and take Star and sign a Tackle or take someone in the 2nd to deal with the NT issue.

TomRalph wrote:

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Its not an immediate switch, its a process. We would run 43 as our base but the players that are being drafted and signed are going to allow for the 34 to become the primary D. I am well aware Patterson is not a NT or anything to that extent. I am saying that we slowly build to the 34 with Horton instead of making the one year. If we wanted to make it a one year thing. don't draft Joeckel and take Star and sign a Tackle or take someone in the 2nd to deal with the NT issue.

You didn't address the linebacker issue either, we don't have anyone on our roster that is a linebacker in a 3-4.

Really the only player we have that might be ok in a 3-4 is Cox.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm Chow just took the Hawaii HC job this season on a multi-year deal. No way he leaves so soon IMO.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Norm Chow just took the Hawaii HC job this season on a multi-year deal. No way he leaves so soon IMO.

I don't know I imagine flying across the pacific every other week sucks really bad.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing I agree with is that we definitely don't have the personnel for a 3-4 switch at all. Outside of Cox and maybe Kendricks literally no one. I wouldn't want Cole in a 3-4 namely, I feel like he'd suck there.

I like the mock for the most part though, I think safety needs to be a tad bigger concern, but you're pretty right to go OL in the 1st. Coaches I like too, but again, I don't like the 34/should switch to that D.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton isnt my number 1 target, but its solid.

I thought the draft/fa was solid, but I'm 3-4 looks horrible

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Horton isnt my number 1 target, but its solid.

I thought the draft/fa was solid, but I'm 3-4 looks horrible

This....

I actually kinda am digging the Horton signing yo!

if he drafts Stars and just finds some role players on offensive line then the 3-4 switch looks much more promising..

having no NT in a 3-4 system is like having no QB in vertical passing offense.

Poyer is dope!

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I guess I should have explained this better, we aren't going to be running the 34 in the first season with the team, what I detailed there was the current line up IF we ran it for some reason, Like i stated this transition to the 34 would be more than a 1 offseason thing. So it wouldn't be until the 2014 draft that we would commit to the 34. I am more than aware we have needs at NT and LB

I could have made more personnel moves for that but my head making the move for Trent Murphy, Margus Hunt and Israel was enough to show our original desire to move 34 buefore we overhaul it in the next offseason.

I didn't know Norm took the Hawaii job but thats good to know.

I thought about instead of Geno hayes going Anthony Spencer so that the transition into the 34 is easier but I decided that Spencer would be weak in the base 43 that we would be running for the majority of the season and no need to add another LB not in their best scheme ( Trent Murphy)

TomRalph wrote:

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I don't know I imagine flying across the pacific every other week sucks really bad.

Chow was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. This was a job he actually wanted, so the offer would have to completely blow him away for him to take it.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton is a very good hire

Like the slow-ish transition to the 3-4, got two nice pieces in the mid rounds in Hunt and Murphy as well as Idonije in FA. Character issues aside Marquess Wilson is good value in the 6th.

Overall I have to say it's nice to say a more low-key group of free agency signings, no more trying to build via FA please!

Kiltman on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: