Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Chargers: Go west young Ginger
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Bengals-Chargers: Go west young Ginger Reply with quote

And go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at you Carlos Dunlap. You're about to face the worst RT in the NFL. You better take over this game...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a good game for us. I'm really interested to see how this team plays on the road against a solid team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
This will be a good game for us. I'm really interested to see how this team plays on the road against a solid team

Me too, and west coast at that. After the Chargers terrible fold job, i'm not sure what to think. I'm betting the Bengals will be the slight favorite (maybe a point or two). Should be a good close game. Denario Alexander probably has a good day if the Bengals have trouble rushing Rivers.

BTW,

Coverage Maps

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a game that makes me nervous. The Chargers have for years had the ability to put up big numbers even though they often flounder at one point or another. This has been a tough season for them, but they did just take the Ravens to overtime. The Bengals will need to come out ready to play, which always seems to be easier said than done. The Bengals should win, but I will not be surprised if they do not.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpotamus wrote:
This is a game that makes me nervous. The Chargers have for years had the ability to put up big numbers even though they often flounder at one point or another. This has been a tough season for them, but they did just take the Ravens to overtime. The Bengals will need to come out ready to play, which always seems to be easier said than done. The Bengals should win, but I will not be surprised if they do not.

Yup, agree. Just watched the BAL v SD game over. Rivers is a real gamer. Our DB's will struggle against their big receivers, and Gates will chew up Maualuga.

Our defence is now ranked back in the top 10, so it should be a close one.

Last three games we've blown the doors off in the first half, and we need to do the same again, so look for something special early, like Sanu deep to AJ
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip Rivers is the 2nd most sacked QB in the NFL. Bengals are #2 in the NFL in sacks and #1 in sacks per pass play...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
[Last three games we've blown the doors off in the first half, and we need to do the same again, so look for something special early, like Sanu deep to AJ

This time, though, we can't lose it in the second half like that game here a few years ago when we were up 24-0 at the half.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
[Last three games we've blown the doors off in the first half, and we need to do the same again, so look for something special early, like Sanu deep to AJ

This time, though, we can't lose it in the second half like that game here a few years ago when we were up 24-0 at the half.

I was so disgusted with that. I still remember going to the bar and watching it on their big projector. The only projector in this bar, so it's the main screen with the audio and everything. Embarrassing. I wanted to turn my jersey inside out.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I was so disgusted with that. I still remember going to the bar and watching it on their big projector. The only projector in this bar, so it's the main screen with the audio and everything. Embarrassing. I wanted to turn my jersey inside out.

I was more disgusted... I took one of my friends who is a charger fan with me... We were all talking so much chit to him.... Needless to say, it was a long ride home... Embarassed
I have been to a bunch of games, and left at half time quite a few(Late 90's and early 2000's)....but that was one of the worst feelings. I couldn't believe haw that game just changed so much....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I was more disgusted... I took one of my friends who is a charger fan with me... We were all talking so much chit to him.... Needless to say, it was a long ride home... Embarassed
I have been to a bunch of games, and left at half time quite a few(Late 90's and early 2000's)....but that was one of the worst feelings. I couldn't believe haw that game just changed so much....

Man that sucked, I was shwasted by halftime in a bar in Jax with a bunch of other bengals fans that didn't know each other. We were high fiving (spelling?) and giving it to the charger fans then slowly sinking into barstools and awkwardly trying not to have any eye contact with anyone as they choked it away. Ugh

I want to see Andy on top of his game, there were plenty of plays last week that he was a little off on.
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals' defense is good enough this year to protect a 24-0 lead, especially given the Chargers' protection woes. My biggest fear is coming out flat with 2-3 stalled drives deep in Bengal territory and getting down 10-0. The offensive success has been driven largely by their ability to operate the offensive game plan they way they want to run it without having to worry about relying mostly on the passing game in order to work out of a deficit. Andy is still something more akin to a game manager than an offensive force, and relying on his arm to come back worries me.

The emergence of Sanu as a second receiving threat has helped, and the offense is back to where it was when Binns was playing well in the first few weeks, but it is certainly not as dynamic as it was in the 2005-2007 timeframe when Carson was at his best. I hope Andy can get there, but he is not there yet.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I was more disgusted... I took one of my friends who is a charger fan with me... We were all talking so much chit to him.... Needless to say, it was a long ride home... :oops:

Man that game sucked bad.

When i think of Bengals v Chargers games, I think back to the AFC Championship game (1982 was it ?), supposedly the coldest game in NFL history.

It was one of the first games I saw on TV over here, when I was still trying to figure out the rules; ( and still am !!!!!!!)....

Anyone go to that game ?
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpotamus wrote:
I think the Bengals' defense is good enough this year to protect a 24-0 lead, especially given the Chargers' protection woes. My biggest fear is coming out flat with 2-3 stalled drives deep in Bengal territory and getting down 10-0. The offensive success has been driven largely by their ability to operate the offensive game plan they way they want to run it without having to worry about relying mostly on the passing game in order to work out of a deficit. Andy is still something more akin to a game manager than an offensive force, and relying on his arm to come back worries me.

The emergence of Sanu as a second receiving threat has helped, and the offense is back to where it was when Binns was playing well in the first few weeks, but it is certainly not as dynamic as it was in the 2005-2007 timeframe when Carson was at his best. I hope Andy can get there, but he is not there yet.

I think that loss wasn't on our defense as much as it was on our playcalling. Rudi Johnson (HAHAHAHA) averaged like 6-7 yards per carry in the first half and he had a total 6 carries in the 2nd half. If we run the ball 15-20 times in the 2nd half, like any team should with a 24 point lead, we win that game.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
mrpotamus wrote:

I think that loss wasn't on our defense as much as it was on our playcalling. Rudi Johnson (HAHAHAHA) averaged like 6-7 yards per carry in the first half and he had a total 6 carries in the 2nd half. If we run the ball 15-20 times in the 2nd half, like any team should with a 24 point lead, we win that game.

truth..
it was an epic collapse..... Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: