Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McClain charges dropped
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
On another note where do we go with McClain now that his reps have been cut significantly on 3rd down. We cannot continue to pay him front line money for a 2 down guy. I have to wonder if there will be tons of undrafted guys coming in to compete for reps. I would think that if a quality 2 down guy falls in the draft we would pounce on as many as possible.

He's as good as gone. That first long BJGE run was something else. He ran into an offensive lineman, who was already blocking someone else, instead of shooting the gap right next to him. Unfreakingbelievable. Can't wait til he's gone.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
On another note where do we go with McClain now that his reps have been cut significantly on 3rd down. We cannot continue to pay him front line money for a 2 down guy. I have to wonder if there will be tons of undrafted guys coming in to compete for reps. I would think that if a quality 2 down guy falls in the draft we would pounce on as many as possible.

He's as good as gone. That first long BJGE run was something else. He ran into an offensive lineman, who was already blocking someone else, instead of shooting the gap right next to him. Unfreakingbelievable. Can't wait til he's gone.

How much money will he be making next season? If we switch to the 3-4 and he's not making too much, I say we give him one last chance.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
How much money will he be making next season? If we switch to the 3-4 and he's not making too much, I say we give him one last chance.

Current salary: $970k
Next year's salary: $4MIL (6,675,000 cap hit, twice as much as this year)

He could very well be a better 3-4 LB, but I don't see it happening in Oakland. We need to move on. Three seasons into the NFL & his play hasn't warranted a roster spot or a restructured contract. He had his chance this season, IMO.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? We have no idea who's gone and who stays. I was adamant all last season about flipping for DMC and TK for whatever the Raiders could get. NOW that neither player has any market value you want make moves?? You sell when there is perceived value NOT when decline is apparent. This concept distinguishes between those who understand how the NFL works and those who don't. Last season it was a worthy gamble that both these players might not be a good fit under the new regime now that the Raiders don't have any leverage they might as well restructure DMC and let his contract play out.

As Tim Brown pointed out in an interview about a year ago, the salary cap isn't a hinderance if a team really wants a player. I'm so frustrated that TK is on the roster that I won't believe he's gone until I see it happen. Most of these players will restructure and be back if the organization wants them. Palmer's restructure is NOT what is hurting the team. It's all the dead money from previous years. The Raiders don't want to really cut players unless the have to because they don't want to add to the dead money. Since the FO isn't guaranteeing as much money as they used to the Raiders should have plenty of cap space in 2014, a full boat of draft picks, and finally be ready for the QBotF.

IMO, DA runs the defense. Whether TK gets cut or not will primarily be determined by the development of Blukidi and/or what happens in the draft. Short of that as long as TK restructures again he returns. If Allen couldn't determine that TK wasn't a NT last season I don't know what will be different next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: