Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 12 Packers (7-3) @ Giants (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
th87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
th87 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
I don't like it when teams run up scores either. But in the Giants defense, their offense has sucked for like 3 games straight. I think they were just trying to keep their offense rolling for that purpose. They really wanted to get Nicks some practice in the one on one redzone situations.

I don't have a problem with it at all. It's our fault for allowing it.

It's called sportsmanship. This isn't a hard thing to understand.

In a professional sport, scoring too much shouldn't decide sportsmanship. I don't want them to let up out of pity.

Some teams keep the switch on always. I wouldn't mind if the Packers did too.
dcerb44

persiandud wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
valpoPackers wrote:
persiandud wrote:
It's called having a killer mentality. Get over it.

This game has shown me that this Packer team isn't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon. If we can't protect Rodgers....

In 2010 the Packers lost to the Dolphins and Redskins. Last year the Giants lost 5 of 6, including a bad blowout loss to the Redskins. In 2009 the Saints lost to the Panthers and Bucs. Teams lose. Loses never indicate whether a team has the ability to win a Super Bowl... all that matters now is the ability to get hot at the end of the year. If the team ever gets healthy, and the line ever gets on the same page, the Packers are fully capable of of winning a Super Bowl. There isn't a dominant team in the NFC this year. The Giants have their problems too... ask them about the Bengals game. Any team is vulnerable come playoff time.

I love how THIS game shows they aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon and then he turns around and makes excuses for the dismantling of the Texans. Can't have it both ways.

Actually, you can, if you look at things in context. The Texans gave us a couple scores in that game. I don't think you can say we dominated every aspect of that game. But you can definitely say the Giants did that tonight, and I'd like to hear you argue otherwise.

Wouldn't we also have to consider the massive amount of injuries this team has as part of the context of the game then?

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Packerfanatic50

dcerb44 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

LOL a 15 point margin of defeat is pretty big, and the packers were clearly outplayed... i will retrack what i said about the spanking part because many of you guys are having a problem with that statement but, right now I would give the advantage to the 49ers if we had to play them and would prolly pick them to when either at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Of course it's a good margin of victory. I'm happy with a one point victory when it happens. Points are hard to come by in NFL. Never disagreed with you about being outplayed. That we actually do agree one. I don't consider it a spanking only because you still only need two scores to tie that game. That's not an extremely hard feat for any top ranked offense with one of the best quarterbacks in the league to accomplish regardless of how poorly they've executed prior to it. Not to mention that even though we shouldn't of been rewarded for Cobb's TD it was still part of the game and did count towards the score. Even if it were to be called back we don't know if we wouldn't of scored anyways or not. So even when a team "dominated" us that game we still were well within striking difference.

I only debated that logic because if you called that a spanking what would you have called tonight?

Don't disagree that the 9ers would be favored either regardless of venue. However this doesn't mean that we wouldn't have a chance at beating them. Frankly I'd rather play them than the Giants come playoffs.

I would call tonight an absolute embarrassment and I would definitley rather play anyone except the giants in the playoffs after watching the last two games against them.

Props to Swift
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to apologize. My intent was not to troll or incite, but rather question some of the questionable comments I saw. I now realize my timing and delivery was awful and inconsiderate. It was very stupid of me to bring it up in that moment and in the way that I did.

My mistake, won't happen again. Hope I didn't offend anyone too bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfanatic50 wrote:

I would call tonight an absolute embarrassment and I would definitley rather play anyone except the giants in the playoffs after watching the last two games against them.

Well said. Can't remember the last time I've been this ashamed to be a Packer fan. Must be infuriating to be a Giant fan though. That team is so bi-polar when you can clearly see how much talent that roster has. Damn good team when they hit on all cylinders.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
valpoPackers wrote:
persiandud wrote:
It's called having a killer mentality. Get over it.

This game has shown me that this Packer team isn't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon. If we can't protect Rodgers....

In 2010 the Packers lost to the Dolphins and Redskins. Last year the Giants lost 5 of 6, including a bad blowout loss to the Redskins. In 2009 the Saints lost to the Panthers and Bucs. Teams lose. Loses never indicate whether a team has the ability to win a Super Bowl... all that matters now is the ability to get hot at the end of the year. If the team ever gets healthy, and the line ever gets on the same page, the Packers are fully capable of of winning a Super Bowl. There isn't a dominant team in the NFC this year. The Giants have their problems too... ask them about the Bengals game. Any team is vulnerable come playoff time.

I love how THIS game shows they aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon and then he turns around and makes excuses for the dismantling of the Texans. Can't have it both ways.

Actually, you can, if you look at things in context. The Texans gave us a couple scores in that game. I don't think you can say we dominated every aspect of that game. But you can definitely say the Giants did that tonight, and I'd like to hear you argue otherwise.

Wouldn't we also have to consider the massive amount of injuries this team has as part of the context of the game then?

Sure you can. Then you can qualify this particular blowout with: We were without our only pass rushing stud, some playmakers on D, some playmakers on O, and we had a thin O-line.

But then I think it deserves asking...even with a healthy squad, what good is all of that if Newhouse is getting blown up by Umenyiora and Rodgers is running for his life all game? I want to face this team again because a playoff win against them would never be so sweet, but right now I don't think we have the O-line to hold up against teams like the Niners and Giants.
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

LOL a 15 point margin of defeat is pretty big, and the packers were clearly outplayed... i will retrack what i said about the spanking part because many of you guys are having a problem with that statement but, right now I would give the advantage to the 49ers if we had to play them and would prolly pick them to when either at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Of course it's a good margin of victory. I'm happy with a one point victory when it happens. Points are hard to come by in NFL. Never disagreed with you about being outplayed. That we actually do agree one. I don't consider it a spanking only because you still only need two scores to tie that game. That's not an extremely hard feat for any top ranked offense with one of the best quarterbacks in the league to accomplish regardless of how poorly they've executed prior to it. Not to mention that even though we shouldn't of been rewarded for Cobb's TD it was still part of the game and did count towards the score. Even if it were to be called back we don't know if we wouldn't of scored anyways or not. So even when a team "dominated" us that game we still were well within striking difference.

I only debated that logic because if you called that a spanking what would you have called tonight?

Don't disagree that the 9ers would be favored either regardless of venue. However this doesn't mean that we wouldn't have a chance at beating them. Frankly I'd rather play them than the Giants come playoffs.

While I admit the Packers match up poorly against teams with a strong front 4 that can pass rush (NYG, SF, Seattle), the idea that San Francisco is unbeatable is preposterous. This same San Francisco team tied the Rams, lost to the Vikes, and got blown out by the Giants at home. The Giants got blown out by the Bengals and lost to the Eagles this year. Both teams can be beat. Atlanta looks pretty vulnerable as well (we all know how they are come playoff time). There's just not one dominant team in the NFC this year... heck there's not a dominant team in the NFL this year. Even if there was a dominant team that can't be beat, it's not like their story would be played out anyways. The Packers were 8 point favorites to the Giants last year, and ended up getting spanked in the playoffs.
dcerb44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Sure you can. Then you can qualify this particular blowout with: We were without our only pass rushing stud, some playmakers on D, some playmakers on O, and we had a thin O-line.

But then I think it deserves asking...even with a healthy squad, what good is all of that if Newhouse is getting blown up by Umenyiora and Rodgers is running for his life all game? I want to face this team again because a playoff win against them would never be so sweet, but right now I don't think we have the O-line to hold up against teams like the Niners and Giants.

Only brought up the point for the sake of playing devil's advocate. I do personally feels it's somewhere in the middle though. We weren't as good as we showed against the Texans but we're not as horrible as we looked tonight either. We have flaws, every team does but we need to look at how we can mask these better until we get some guys back from the injury list.

Healthy squad I think this game is much closer than what happened. Still would of given the G-Men the advantage though. That front line is damn scary to play against. Def helped them that they've been in a slump lately concerning wins and got the bye week before playing us to correct their flaws to put a stop to our winning streak.

I do think we could beat both teams although the Giants would be much harder in my opinion. Would like to see how we'd gameplan each team differently if we got that second chance. One good thing that comes from having those two games and getting beat. We saw what didn't work and what we need to do to correct those mistakes. Still think this team could do quite some damage in the playoffs though.

pf9 wrote:
svp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock it up

jd6735

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the Giants showed here tonight, as they did earlier in the season at Candlestick, that they very much have the tools to crush all opposition on their way back to the Superbowl, and that they very much plan to use them when the time comes.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: