Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Jim Brown right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I thought he just had a pretty good game against one of the best D's in the league

2.9 ypc?

I know it's the Steelers D, but damn.

He scored the game winning TD and we are complaining? On a win against the Steelers? Really?

If he runs for 2.9 ypc and we beat the steelers every time, so be it.

Who's complaining?

We're discussing. Kinda the whole point of the forum, no?

Oh...wait...."great win guys, we'll talk more next time we lose. Later."

Good stuff bud.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I thought he just had a pretty good game against one of the best D's in the league

2.9 ypc?

I know it's the Steelers D, but damn.
I'll take over 100 APY from my back every week

100 yards is great against the Steelers, no doubt, but the 33 touches to get there isn't overly impressive.

At least IMO.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough crowd

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Tough crowd

So a 3.6 ypc average and 2 runs over 20 yards for the season is awesome or something?

I'm not trying to be an arse, but some folks around here act like Trent Richardson arse doesn't stink.

I think the kid's a keeper, but he's got a long way to go before he becomes the stud some folks seem to think he is right now.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Tough crowd

So a 3.6 ypc average and 2 runs over 20 yards for the season is awesome or something?

I'm not trying to be an arse, but some folks around here act like Trent Richardson arse doesn't stink.

I think the kid's a keeper, but he's got a long way to go before he becomes the stud some folks seem to think he is right now.

The kid is what he is, a rookie on a team with a rookie passer and an online that's better pass blocking, he is still an upgrade by far

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Tough crowd

The kid is what he is, a rookie on a team with a rookie passer and an online that's better pass blocking, he is still an upgrade by far

No argument with any of that.

wukusimw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Trent basically carries the team every game yet he is still not good enough. He has been dancing, but who can blame him when the whole D is going after him?

The last 4 weeks, 122, 105, 95, and 85 against solid defenses to go along with 17 receptions and 2 td's.

He still is not fully recovered, and was slow getting up in the 4th almost coming off with a limp due to his knee. Stuck it out though made sure we got the win.

WHEN he starts hitting the hole hard and blasting through he is going to be phenomenal. It is probably play-calling, the scheme, and him being a rookie with some injuries that are keeping that from happening.

The guy gets the majority of his yards running behind guards that don't really open clear holes and Weeden is slow getting him the ball. Pair that with ultra conservative and repetitive play calling and the result is Trent making all the yards himself. Shurmur has run that draw play he scored on in almost every game this season in the exact same situations.

Trent is an MJD clone(who got injured this year because he was the only weapon on offense similarly to Trent's situation) who will turn into what we all expect when the play calling is improved and he gets used to when he should hit holes hard and when he should be patient.

He has a great burst when he uses it, it just never seems like he does unless he is able to get to the second level.
Onizuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been more than happy with TRich so far. Outside of his dancing, which is what makes him who he is, he has been handling defenses pretty well. This is still his first year, so I'm sure he will adjust his game to the NFL and will look a lot better when our passing game clicks a bit more.

Seriously, it seems that every team's defense is focused on stopping TRich first and daring Weeds to throw. I've seen that our play action is very effective at times, but, Weeds and/or our WRs hardly ever capitalize on it. I think TRich will continue to improve and be the RB that we all hoped for when we drafted him #3 overall.

Also on Hardesty.....Hardesty is hitting those holes hard, but, we don't necessarily know if he has truly changed or takes advantage of being well rested when he's in the game. I would like to see him more in the game though, I think it would benefit both him and TRich more.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams are stacking their defense to stop Richardson. We did the same yesterday against the Steelers and Charlie Batch. Until teams respect our passing game we will continue to see this. This is also the reason people say our line doesn't run block well.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Teams are stacking their defense to stop Richardson. We did the same yesterday against the Steelers and Charlie Batch. Until teams respect our passing game we will continue to see this. This is also the reason people say our line doesn't run block well.

I agree with this. It's what teams have been doing for years against the Browns. Run blitz after run blitz until our QB's make them pay for it. Weeden was showing signs of making teams pay with downfield throws. He's still doing it now and then but not enough to completely back that 8th guy out of the box. Hopefully, the consistency will come.

Richardson doesn't get a free pass, though. He's definitely leaving some yards on the field. There are still times when he's not taking advantage of a crease, and it closes up before he gets there. I know it's a lot to expect of a rookie, but that comes with the territory when you spend a top 5 pick on a RB. That said, I still don't think he's healthy, and I look forward to when he is. Hugely looking forward to the future with Richardson.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

I agree with this. It's what teams have been doing for years against the Browns. Run blitz after run blitz until our QB's make them pay for it. Weeden was showing signs of making teams pay with downfield throws. He's still doing it now and then but not enough to completely back that 8th guy out of the box. Hopefully, the consistency will come.

Richardson doesn't get a free pass, though. He's definitely leaving some yards on the field. There are still times when he's not taking advantage of a crease, and it closes up before he gets there. I know it's a lot to expect of a rookie, but that comes with the territory when you spend a top 5 pick on a RB. That said, I still don't think he's healthy, and I look forward to when he is. Hugely looking forward to the future with Richardson.

Agreed. Was about to post something similar. Look forward to seeing him healthy with a year of experience under his belt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB was a great player in his day but its an opinion.

As far a Trent's day against PB, let us not forget the 15 yard rushing touchdown he had against them.

So can anyone here tell me the last Cleveland Brown to have a 15 yards or better TD run in a victory?
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF4L wrote:

As far a Trent's day against PB, let us not forget the 15 yard rushing touchdown he had against them.

So can anyone here tell me the last Cleveland Brown to have a 15 yards or better TD run in a victory?

Hi BF4L, welcome to the forum!

My favorite part about Trent's performance was the 6 runs at the end of the game. Everyone on the Steelers defense knew we were running it and they were banging him around. He showed a lot about his character when he took that beating to help us win.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF4L wrote:

Good point

Welcome to the forum

Hope you stay active in here!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF4L wrote:

Before this week it still would have been Trich. Before that, Peyton Hillis when we beat the Pats?
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: