Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Today was a victory for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Today was a victory for us Reply with quote

In the greater scheme of things. Perhaps I'm a bit cynical at this point, but the past two weeks have been perfect to me, since we've stayed competitive, but still not hurt our draft pick chances.

But on top of us still losing, Jacksonville and Cleveland both won their games. That leaves us alone as the only one win team, with Jacksonville and Carolina as the only two win teams in the league. Carolina obviously won't want a QB, and while Jacksonville might, they also have two wins in conference play, which I believe is the tiebreaker. The Raiders are an outside shot at three wins, but they would require us beating them and winning another AFC game, along with Oakland losing out to beat us.

We still have five games, obviously, but Cleveland is actually hot right now (3-3 with close losses to Baltimore, Indy, and Dallas), and we could beat one of Oakland or Carolina and not change anything. Indy and Denver will be battling for playoff position late in the season.

We should be in position to take who we want, now. Whether that's a QB or not, I don't entirely know. A lot can happen between now and then. And I know a lot of people are down on the QB class, but that has been true before, and it hasn't made any difference as time goes on and bad games during the season are forgotten in lieu of combine workouts, interviews, and pro days.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan was considered by most to be the weakest top QB prospect since Ryan Leaf was in the conversation. Hell, even I thought Brian Brohm was going to be a better NFL QB.

Geno has everything a franchise QB needs. Is he RGIII? No. But I see a lot of good qualities in him.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: