Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alshon Jeffrey to have knee surgery, miss 2-4 weeks

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1WngdAngel


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 88
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Alshon Jeffrey to have knee surgery, miss 2-4 weeks Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11/20/3673822/alshon-jeffery-injury-chicago-bears

I learned of the timetable for his return while listening to ESPN1000 on my in to work this afternoon. Not even a full game back and he's out again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5349
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3821
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5062
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs if they even make it!


Fixed it for ya!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.
I was worried about his weight loss. Hounding him to lose weight was not a great idea. He needs to weigh in the 230 range because of his height.

That being said I don't think the knee issue would have been avoided by weighing more.

This is turning out real bad even if I expected limited results from Jeffery (my man for over a year) and had only hoped for the production Knox had as a rook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3821
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.
I was worried about his weight loss. Hounding him to lose weight was not a great idea. He needs to weigh in the 230 range because of his height.

That being said I don't think the knee issue would have been avoided by weighing more.

This is turning out real bad even if I expected limited results from Jeffery (my man for over a year) and had only hoped for the production Knox had as a rook.

Your right, he and Marshall should weigh the same. They need to get on the same diet/weight lifting routine. It's funny to me how people nicknamed him "fatshon", he honestly is too skinny! But the lack of a slot WR is becoming known.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5349
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery seems to be in really good shape. He looks about 220ish now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3821
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Jeffery seems to be in really good shape. He looks about 220ish now.

I'd like to see Jeffery display much more strength, he's young though, after a year or two of NFL training he's sure to get stronger.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18609
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know he's a been a dominant blocker on the edge this year right? He's not too skinny, he probably weighs exactly what he should weigh right now. He's had a couple injuries, but neither is really a cause for concern. The bone in his hand calcified and is in fact now stronger than it was before. And the knee procedure was just a minor procedure to clean some scar tissue out and allow him to play pain free. He'll likely be back against the Pack.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10653
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.
I was worried about his weight loss. Hounding him to lose weight was not a great idea. He needs to weigh in the 230 range because of his height.

That being said I don't think the knee issue would have been avoided by weighing more.

This is turning out real bad even if I expected limited results from Jeffery (my man for over a year) and had only hoped for the production Knox had as a rook.

Your right, he and Marshall should weigh the same. They need to get on the same diet/weight lifting routine. It's funny to me how people nicknamed him "fatshon", he honestly is too skinny! But the lack of a slot WR is becoming known.

I don't think the problem is that we don't have a slot WR. I think the problem is that Tice seems to rarely call slot receiver friendly routes (slants and drags). We hardly ever see a pass to a receiver over the short middle of the field.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeLowrey


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 148
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs.

I have a feeling he's going to tear up the playoffs when he gets back. He seems to have that talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group