Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alshon Jeffrey to have knee surgery, miss 2-4 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1WngdAngel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Alshon Jeffrey to have knee surgery, miss 2-4 weeks Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11/20/3673822/alshon-jeffery-injury-chicago-bears

I learned of the timetable for his return while listening to ESPN1000 on my in to work this afternoon. Not even a full game back and he's out again.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs if they even make it!

Fixed it for ya!
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Jeffery's main focus needs to be strength and conditioning this offseason. The guy looks really skinny out there, fragile. As good as he can become, I'd hate to see him get derailed because of injuries.
I was worried about his weight loss. Hounding him to lose weight was not a great idea. He needs to weigh in the 230 range because of his height.

That being said I don't think the knee issue would have been avoided by weighing more.

This is turning out real bad even if I expected limited results from Jeffery (my man for over a year) and had only hoped for the production Knox had as a rook.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I was worried about his weight loss. Hounding him to lose weight was not a great idea. He needs to weigh in the 230 range because of his height.

That being said I don't think the knee issue would have been avoided by weighing more.

This is turning out real bad even if I expected limited results from Jeffery (my man for over a year) and had only hoped for the production Knox had as a rook.

Your right, he and Marshall should weigh the same. They need to get on the same diet/weight lifting routine. It's funny to me how people nicknamed him "fatshon", he honestly is too skinny! But the lack of a slot WR is becoming known.

DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery seems to be in really good shape. He looks about 220ish now.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Jeffery seems to be in really good shape. He looks about 220ish now.

I'd like to see Jeffery display much more strength, he's young though, after a year or two of NFL training he's sure to get stronger.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know he's a been a dominant blocker on the edge this year right? He's not too skinny, he probably weighs exactly what he should weigh right now. He's had a couple injuries, but neither is really a cause for concern. The bone in his hand calcified and is in fact now stronger than it was before. And the knee procedure was just a minor procedure to clean some scar tissue out and allow him to play pain free. He'll likely be back against the Pack.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Your right, he and Marshall should weigh the same. They need to get on the same diet/weight lifting routine. It's funny to me how people nicknamed him "fatshon", he honestly is too skinny! But the lack of a slot WR is becoming known.

I don't think the problem is that we don't have a slot WR. I think the problem is that Tice seems to rarely call slot receiver friendly routes (slants and drags). We hardly ever see a pass to a receiver over the short middle of the field.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
MikeLowrey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is a huge loss. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the playoffs.

I have a feeling he's going to tear up the playoffs when he gets back. He seems to have that talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: