Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around The NFL- Week 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the game that never endsssss!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-suh-kicks-again-thanksgiving-day-220931387--nfl.html

Suh: Dirty Player - or Dirtiest Player?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Bills and Colts. Colts threatening with no time outs left. Pass completed but stopped short of end zone. Time running out but Andrew Luck gets his team lined up and spikes the ball with one second left. Colts kick a field goal. How refreshing to see some clock management. This film should be required viewing for Garrett and Company.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to all of you who didn't believe in the Buffalo Wild Wings Button - what say yee now?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like how the 49ers are doing Alex Smith. I hope Kaepernick throws 3 or 4 INT's and the Saints win by 3 TD's.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying this to play the "bad luck" card because that is not why we are a average/below average football team.

But, does it frustrate anyone else that we never seem to get any of these cake interceptions that other teams do? For example the Colston tipped ball a minute ago. It just seems like so many of these teams get picks because of bad throws by the QB or by a tipped ball or something. I know we've had a couple of lucky bounces this year, but overall, it seems we don't get many tipped balls or bad throws resulting in INTs.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I'm not saying this to play the "bad luck" card because that is not why we are a average/below average football team.

But, does it frustrate anyone else that we never seem to get any of these cake interceptions that other teams do? For example the Colston tipped ball a minute ago. It just seems like so many of these teams get picks because of bad throws by the QB or by a tipped ball or something. I know we've had a couple of lucky bounces this year, but overall, it seems we don't get many tipped balls or bad throws resulting in INTs.
well for the most part, for the better part of the last few years, we had been on the opposite end of those scenarios. We have had a lot of tipped passes from Romo that have gone for picks.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

I feel its more of our players not being in positions to make plays....I feel our corners have done better this year, but when we are in this Zone defense that RR loves so much, most of the opposing receivers are open by 5 or 10 yards.....Also, I realize Peprah got a pick Thursday, but our Safeties seem to never be anywhere near the ball, ever
atran35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB has to no huddle at this point. They are down and down early Sad
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late November. Giants are struggling. Lots of folks laughing at them speculating that they are done. Tough game vs. the Packers. 31-10 Giants at the half. Now they may not go anywhere this year, but I think it is foolish to ever write this team off.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the NYG win tonight officially ended any hopes of a postseason. This team was extremely frustrating in every aspect of the game. I can literally say the the only game I enjoyed watching this year was the first game of the season. This team can cause even the most ardent cowboys fans to question their fanhood.

mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Well, I think the NYG win tonight officially ended any hopes of a postseason. This team was extremely frustrating in every aspect of the game. I can literally say the the only game I enjoyed watching this year was the first game of the season. This team can cause even the most ardent cowboys fans to question their fanhood.

Agree with your point about the first game of the year. But questioning fan hood is not something fans should do. I argue that suffering through loosing seasons is what makes winning that much sweeter. I watched the Cowboys win and win often in the 70s and it would have been easy to switch teams in the mid to late 80s but I didn't and I was rewarded in the early 90s.. had i left and gone back, the 3 Super Bowls would NOT have felt as good as they did...
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

In regards to the bold part, if that's true, then you are taking football way too seriously. I enjoy every game, win or loss, because we usually only get 16 of them. I look at football as entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I love football and will watch any game that is on, but I treat it like it is a movie or something. I watch it because I enjoy it for what it is, entertainment. In fact, that is how I view all sports.

Football is as entertaining to me as a Die Hard movie. It is pure unadulterated fun. Yippee Ki Aye, Motherfather.

Baseball and golf are like watching Myth Busters. It is very much entertaining, but if I miss a few minutes, it's no big deal so long as I see how it ends.

Basketball is like being dragged to a Twilight movie. After about 2 or 3 minutes of it, I am seriously considering stabbing myself in the eyeballs with my pocketknife.

If you don't enjoy watching the games, why do you do it? Why do you make such a big deal about it on here? It is just entertainment.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always enjoy watching FB on Sunday after the Cowboys won on Thanksgiving.. Sad so you can guess, yesterday was not as much fun but I did enjoy the following results..

Falcons beat Bucs - Bucs are one of the teams that the Cowboys will be fighting with for a LONG SHOT wild card...plus living in Atlanta, I am a bit of a homer..

Dolphins beat Seahawks - still mad at Seahawks for beating the Cowboys brains out and I simply do NOT like Pete Carrol. Seeing Carrol bolt from USC when the sanctions became obvious was nothing but low class and makes him a DB IMO.

Browns beat Pittsburgh - always like seeing the Steelers loose... wish they could some how prolong Big Bens return until after the Cowboys game but that looks more and more unlikely.

SF beat NO - not that long ago I would have been rooting hard for the Saints but recently they have become the bad boys of the NFL and I wouldn't care if the lost every game..
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

In regards to the bold part, if that's true, then you are taking football way too seriously. I enjoy every game, win or loss, because we usually only get 16 of them. I look at football as entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I love football and will watch any game that is on, but I treat it like it is a movie or something. I watch it because I enjoy it for what it is, entertainment. In fact, that is how I view all sports.

Football is as entertaining to me as a Die Hard movie. It is pure unadulterated fun. Yippee Ki Aye, Motherfather.

Baseball and golf are like watching Myth Busters. It is very much entertaining, but if I miss a few minutes, it's no big deal so long as I see how it ends.

Basketball is like being dragged to a Twilight movie. After about 2 or 3 minutes of it, I am seriously considering stabbing myself in the eyeballs with my pocketknife.

If you don't enjoy watching the games, why do you do it? Why do you make such a big deal about it on here? It is just entertainment.

I don't think I take it too seriously, I think I'm just getting older now and have other priorities. If I'm going to lose 3-4 hours of time on my one real day off, I at least want the game to be entertaining. Seriously, I don't find the hits that Romo has taken this year to be even remotely entertaining. I don't find the same mistakes over and over entertaining (well, at least not intentionally entertaining). For pure football enjoyment purposes, I love college football. My home team sucks arse. So, I watch college games hoping for a good, competitive game without being emotionally vested into any team. Its really sad but I think it's a fair statement... I would say that every college football game I've watched this year that the college players were far more disciplined than the Cowboys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: