Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My crazy 2013 mock draft, you might hate me after reading it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Yep that's a huge reach with Williams at 12. Hell it would be a reach just in the 1st round. Nix or Jenkins should be the pick.
This was based off of my rankings, so in this mock, it wasn't a reach. Does your team like larger, or smaller DT's? What are your biggest needs?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Hunter is a really bad fit for the Packers offense and has a previous injury history. Jon Cooper would be way better but if you HAVE to give us a WR, even though we haven't drafted one in the first round, but the better choice is Robert Woods.
How would you rank the Packers needs?

R.I.P. Stylish
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Hunter is a really bad fit for the Packers offense and has a previous injury history. Jon Cooper would be way better but if you HAVE to give us a WR, even though we haven't drafted one in the first round, but the better choice is Robert Woods.

1. Center
2. Interior Pass Rush
3. Running Back
4. O-line Depth
5. ILB'er Depth

Even if Jennings leaves we have been fine without him. But we draft on value so we might take a WR but I doubt it. We could also take a TE if we feel Finley isn't in the future plans. I think we take somebody who is a lineman on either side of the ball in the first round.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Yep that's a huge reach with Williams at 12. Hell it would be a reach just in the 1st round. Nix or Jenkins should be the pick.
This was based off of my rankings, so in this mock, it wasn't a reach. Does your team like larger, or smaller DT's? What are your biggest needs?

Both really. The team needs are......

DT - Someone to pair next to Jurrell Casey that can stop the run and collapse the pocket. Williams really doesn't fit that. Nix IMO is the 2nd best DT in this draft with Jenkins a close 2nd. Williams isn't even in my top 5.

SS

OG

DE Depth

FS

LB Depth
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Have you seen the Chargers LT? Lewan all the way.

Not even getting into Manti #1, he's not worth anything close to that.
Honestly? no Laughing This is like, my 2nd, maybe 3rd mock so knowing the needs isn't exactly my thing just yet.

It is really bad. Our LT is a UDFA who played RT in college and Gaither seems to be broken. It is a marvel Philip Rivers can still walk. So yeah. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Both really. The team needs are......

DT - Someone to pair next to Jurrell Casey that can stop the run and collapse the pocket. Williams really doesn't fit that. Nix IMO is the 2nd best DT in this draft with Jenkins a close 2nd. Williams isn't even in my top 5.

SS

OG

DE Depth

FS

LB Depth
Thanks, I thought you guys like smaller, pass rusher types, which is definitely what I view Williams as. When I re-do this I will definitely fix it.

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Have you seen the Chargers LT? Lewan all the way.

Not even getting into Manti #1, he's not worth anything close to that.
Honestly? no Laughing This is like, my 2nd, maybe 3rd mock so knowing the needs isn't exactly my thing just yet.

It is really bad. Our LT is a UDFA who played RT in college and Gaither seems to be broken. It is a marvel Philip Rivers can still walk. So yeah. Laughing
Well, thanks for enlightening me, when I re-do the mock I will definitely change it.

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

1. Center
2. Interior Pass Rush
3. Running Back
4. O-line Depth
5. ILB'er Depth

Even if Jennings leaves we have been fine without him. But we draft on value so we might take a WR but I doubt it. We could also take a TE if we feel Finley isn't in the future plans. I think we take somebody who is a lineman on either side of the ball in the first round.
Alright, this really helps. But by interior pass rusher do you mean DE's, or a NT, or like a simple 4-3 DT?

R.I.P. Stylish
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
If we have to pick top 10 luke I guess is ok, come draft day I would hope the eagles end up trading down.
What would be better, Joeckel without trading down, or a chance at Lewan through a trade down?

We have jason peters the best left tackle in football. Our offensive line needs a right guard.

So we could just not take either.

I would target a wide receiver after trading down.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Dion Jordan or Sheldon Richardson > Skov for the Ravens
What is your guys' biggest need? Do you want those guys because you think they're better or because you think they fill a larger need?

ILB might be the biggest need (there's a few that are all about on the same level in my opinion) but that's too high for Skov. Adding explosive players to the front seven should be a big priority and both Jordan and Richardson fit that profile. DE is probably more of a need than OLB but either guy would be a great pick.

Upshaw was just drafted but I don't think taking an explosive OLB would really affect him since he's pegged in as the SAM. Jordan would be a really nice addition to the team. He won't be relied on to rush the passer right away and would be able to develop his skills behind Suggs/Kruger while still providing value as he would likely be the best coverage LB on the team.

The DE spot opposite of Ngata has really underwhelmed this season. McPhee has supposedly been hampered by injuries all season and Jones is about as meh as you can get. If Pees comes back then a player like Richardson would be a big upgrade considering Pees ultra-unimaginative/ineffective pass-rushing schemes.

Keep in mind the Ravens rarely draft based on their biggest need. Newsome goes for value more often than not, although a lot of times that value just happens to be at a position of need (not necessarily a a big need).
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
If we have to pick top 10 luke I guess is ok, come draft day I would hope the eagles end up trading down.
What would be better, Joeckel without trading down, or a chance at Lewan through a trade down?

We have jason peters the best left tackle in football. Our offensive line needs a right guard.

Okay, I saw a lot of Eagles fans asking for Joeckel and Lewan so I assumed that was the largest need. Would Keenan Allen be the tye of receiver you guys would target or would you want more midget receivers? Laughing

R.I.P. Stylish
Giantsfan80

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants pick is too perfect. Id love Matthews.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Okay, I saw a lot of Eagles fans asking for Joeckel and Lewan so I assumed that was the largest need. Would Keenan Allen be the tye of receiver you guys would target or would you want more midget receivers? Laughing

Taking an OT just solves the right guard problem in a round about way by moving Herremans back inside.

As for what type of receiver we will go after I don't know what our new coach and gm will like.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't passing up on Jarvis Jones. No way in hell.

Jamison.'s Gallery
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

1. Center
2. Interior Pass Rush
3. Running Back
4. O-line Depth
5. ILB'er Depth

Alright, this really helps. But by interior pass rusher do you mean DE's, or a NT, or like a simple 4-3 DT?
Well that is an excellent question. We play a ton of nickel defense so instead of us looking like the 49ers 3-4 defense we have two 3-tech DT's and 2 stand up OLB's rushing the QB. So guys like Jerel Worthy and Mike Daniels were thought of as 4-3 DT's but we took them because we play so much 3-tech. But we need some rush from a 0/3/5 tech spot Matthews and Perry look like the future on the edge. Also OT looks like a need. We can't keep ours healthy Crying or Very sad

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: