Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Anyone else feeling enlightened at how great a well called game on offense looked? If Harbaugh had been half as good a QB as he is an offensive play caller he would have been a lifelong Bear and a Chicago legend.

Yep....but I think we have a good potential HC on our staff right now.

I actually think Tice is a pretty good HC. Just not a good play caller.

Toub Wink
Without Hester Toub is nothing special. I know the Conventional Wisdom says DAve is head coaching material but that has been proved over and over to be bunk.
Danieal Manning and Johnny Knox say hi. Even Earl Bennett has a return TD. Hester is done.
Johnny's 40 time has more to do with his success than Toub. I have nothing against the guy but the fact that the greatest return man in history can in his tenure is the reason Toub is so touted.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Anyone else feeling enlightened at how great a well called game on offense looked? If Harbaugh had been half as good a QB as he is an offensive play caller he would have been a lifelong Bear and a Chicago legend.

Toub Wink
Without Hester Toub is nothing special. I know the Conventional Wisdom says DAve is head coaching material but that has been proved over and over to be bunk.
Danieal Manning and Johnny Knox say hi. Even Earl Bennett has a return TD. Hester is done.
Johnny's 40 time has more to do with his success than Toub. I have nothing against the guy but the fact that the greatest return man in history can in his tenure is the reason Toub is so touted.
Well they go together. Just being fast doesn't make you a great returner.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Our o line is horrendous. Say bye bye to rachal this offseason and we really need more talent on this o line. I would monitor Carimi the rest of the year and if he doesnt produce, we find a backup to come in and challenge him, because he has yet to have that. Honestly, it's sad when Webb has prob been our mst consistent I lineman.
Our D line was Soooo much better Rolling Eyes

By the end of this game we looked like a bunch of clowns, what a miserable performance from top to bottom. Coaching was AWFUL, never had a clue. QB terrible, stood like a statue till the sack got him, no draws till end, the defense was just as bad as the offense for once.

I was ridiculed for warning about the near impossibility of winning this game but even I thought they would put up a fight, not lay down like whipped dogs. One of the worst games I have seen in 40 yrs. by the Bears. And we got to see, YET AGAIN, the birth of a new star QB and how a smart coach prepares his team.

Now how does a dumb coach prepare his team. "Well, they are going with a rookie qB so we will put everything on stopping the run and allow him to take all day to throw the ball." A dumb coach does not know who the QB was or that he was an offensive dynamo in college and, therefore, devises an ineffective game plan. A smart coach puts the QB under intense pressure and hopes to force mistakes. It may not work but you have to try otherwise why defer?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Toub Wink
No it does not, but Knox returned in college to great effect. So did Bennett and Manning.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Glengarry Glen Ross reference not doing it for anyone?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I would absolutely love for you to provide those many examples that apparently you have collected of where he proves to not be HC material.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's no secret now the defense can't defend the trap

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Quote:

I would absolutely love for you to provide those many examples that apparently you have collected of where he proves to not be HC material.
Practically every year for the last 10 we are told how he is a HC in waiting and every year he gets passed over for people we have heard little or nothing about.

The fact is these speculators know nothing about what these teams are looking for as HCs. Their belief could even be true but someone forgot to tell those hiring Head Coaches about it.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Quote:

Practically every year for the last 10 we are told how he is a HC in waiting and every year he gets passed over for people we have heard little or nothing about.

The fact is these speculators know nothing about what these teams are looking for as HCs. Their belief could even be true but someone forgot to tell those hiring Head Coaches about it.

So you have no evidence for any of this other than assumptions. Thank you. Thats exactly what I thought you would say. Its been 8 years btw.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-24/sports/chi-toub-impressed-dolphins-gm-in-interview-20120124_1_jeff-ireland-dolphins-gm-head-coach

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bobby-April-calls-Dave-Toub-one-of-best-coaches-in-NFL.html

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Quote:

Practically every year for the last 10 we are told how he is a HC in waiting and every year he gets passed over for people we have heard little or nothing about. Has this not been true?

So you have no evidence for any of this other than assumptions. Other than him not being hired as a HC you mean? Thank you. Thats exactly what I thought you would say. Its been 8 years btw. That "practically" covers a couple of years.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-24/sports/chi-toub-impressed-dolphins-gm-in-interview-20120124_1_jeff-ireland-dolphins-gm-head-coach

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bobby-April-calls-Dave-Toub-one-of-best-coaches-in-NFL.html
Oooo, Bobby April says. Well, I guess no mere mortal should go up against such an x-spurt.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Toub Wink
No it does not, but Knox returned in college to great effect. So did Bennett and Manning.
Just about every NFL returner was a good college returner to some effect. Also a lot of those guys haven't had the success of our guys. Toub is the reason.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Toub Wink
Just about every NFL returner was a good college returner to some effect. Also a lot of those guys haven't had the success of our guys. Toub is the reason.
That is impossible to disprove. But not many guys have tried it here in the last nine years either. Angelo was just a genius at selecting Returners, I suppose is just as good an argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: