Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I think it's pretty clear where I stand on this. My opinion of the QBs:
    Elite franchise guys: Luck + RGIII
    Good franchise QBs: Barkley, Foles
    Average-to-good long-time starter: Landry Jones
    Wildcard: Tannehill (I think he could end up in any of the three categories or bust)

I'm also an admitted fan of Kirk Cousins coming to DC, and if they could manage it, would allow for the QB situation to be settled for a long-time. In 2012, you would start with REx as the QB, RGIII would come in eventually (much like Jay Cutler) and Kirk Cousins would be the third stringer. Fast forward a year and I think you could have two second year players at the position.

I guess the most likely scenario is:
    Step One - Draft elite QB prospect
    Step Two - Rex starts the season, replaced midway through or late in the season.
    Step Three - John Beck is the third stringer (helping to teach elite young QB prospect)
    Step Four - One of Rex or Beck is kept. I think it's clear that Rex is the far superior QB but I'm assuming the most important factor will be educating the young QB(s) so that may be Beck's saving grace.

You the man footy!!!!!!! Perfect prediction!!!!
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I'd take RG3.....in the second round.

Give me Tannehill over RG3 any day of the week.

Shocked
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.

Beautiful!! The bumping of this thread is amazing!
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
It's going to be funny when RGIII has a killer rookie season...

My man!!! Spot on
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
It's going to be funny when RGIII has a killer rookie season...
Define Killer?? Like Cam Newtonesque?? Do you mean better than Luck or Barkley?

When Griffin plays as a good NFL QB I will expect it, because I expect him to be good, but I don't expect him to be great right away like I do with Luck and Barkely. I could see us ending up #2 or 3 and taking Barkley if we can't trade up for Luck. I see Miami ending up 4 or 5 and taking Robert Griffin. I'm not sure he's going to rip it up in Miami with a new coaching staff and all that, but then again Cam did.

Of course, Cam is 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than Robert Griffin so I don't think he's going to be exactly like Cam (a TE running with the football). I think eventually Griffin is a success but I would totally be 100% shocked if he has a "killer" rookie season. If that happens, I will be the 1st to totally admit I was 100% wrong about the guy.

Admit! Admit! Thats all the quoting ill do...for now Laughing
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 4032
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

I'm also an admitted fan of Kirk Cousins coming to DC, and if they could manage it, would allow for the QB situation to be settled for a long-time. In 2012, you would start with REx as the QB, RGIII would come in eventually (much like Jay Cutler) and Kirk Cousins would be the third stringer. Fast forward a year and I think you could have two second year players at the position.



Footy the WIZARD Shocked Shocked Shocked

RG3 started a bit faster than we all thought but WHAT A CALL on grabbing RG3 AND Cousins!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5814
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I'd take RG3.....in the second round.

Give me Tannehill over RG3 any day of the week.

Shocked


To be fair to TOBC I've got quite a bit of things wrong when it comes to the draft as well. I swore JJ Watt would basically be another Adam Carriker and boy was I wrong. I wanted no part of Ryan Kerrigan and was pissed when we passed on Phil Taylor so yeah we all have our moments lol.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15019
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I'm also an admitted fan of Kirk Cousins coming to DC, and if they could manage it, would allow for the QB situation to be settled for a long-time. In 2012, you would start with REx as the QB, RGIII would come in eventually (much like Jay Cutler) and Kirk Cousins would be the third stringer. Fast forward a year and I think you could have two second year players at the position.



Footy the WIZARD Shocked Shocked Shocked

RG3 started a bit faster than we all thought but WHAT A CALL on grabbing RG3 AND Cousins!!!


Footy... I bow to you. That is legit freaky. The only thing you missed is Rex is actually the 3rd QB, but wow. Just wow.
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 34 carries, 174 yards, 1 TD; 38 catches, 436 yards, 2 TDs
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23784
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I'm also an admitted fan of Kirk Cousins coming to DC, and if they could manage it, would allow for the QB situation to be settled for a long-time. In 2012, you would start with REx as the QB, RGIII would come in eventually (much like Jay Cutler) and Kirk Cousins would be the third stringer. Fast forward a year and I think you could have two second year players at the position.



Footy the WIZARD Shocked Shocked Shocked

RG3 started a bit faster than we all thought but WHAT A CALL on grabbing RG3 AND Cousins!!!


Jesus, impressive.

I'll be curious to see how Barkley one day does, that was always my guy. Can't imagine him stepping into a team the way RG3 has though Very Happy
_________________


chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FosterTheSkins


Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 510
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I'd take RG3.....in the second round.

Give me Tannehill over RG3 any day of the week.

Shocked


Shocked
_________________
All the other Ds with the pumped up scheme
Better run better run outrun my QB
All the other Ds with the pumped up scheme
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4711
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I'd take RG3.....in the second round.

Give me Tannehill over RG3 any day of the week.

Shocked


To be fair to TOBC I've got quite a bit of things wrong when it comes to the draft as well. I swore JJ Watt would basically be another Adam Carriker and boy was I wrong. I wanted no part of Ryan Kerrigan and was pissed when we passed on Phil Taylor so yeah we all have our moments lol.



http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=459140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Before the rest. There was us lavar. Laughing
_________________


Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66104
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
It's going to be funny when RGIII has a killer rookie season...
Define Killer?? Like Cam Newtonesque?? Do you mean better than Luck or Barkley?

When Griffin plays as a good NFL QB I will expect it, because I expect him to be good, but I don't expect him to be great right away like I do with Luck and Barkely. I could see us ending up #2 or 3 and taking Barkley if we can't trade up for Luck. I see Miami ending up 4 or 5 and taking Robert Griffin. I'm not sure he's going to rip it up in Miami with a new coaching staff and all that, but then again Cam did.

Of course, Cam is 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than Robert Griffin so I don't think he's going to be exactly like Cam (a TE running with the football). I think eventually Griffin is a success but I would totally be 100% shocked if he has a "killer" rookie season. If that happens, I will be the 1st to totally admit I was 100% wrong about the guy.

Admit! Admit! Thats all the quoting ill do...for now Laughing
i was definitely wrong. I thought he'd be good, but it wouldn't be as a Rookie. That being said, I can't be more happier to be wrong in my prediction. Very Happy
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 21079
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote




Seriously, don't go pulling back threads to the front page just because. If you ABSOLUTELY have to do this, just create a new thread and link back to it.


Thanks.



Thread cLOCK engaged.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group