Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How is the Offensive Line looking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: How is the Offensive Line looking? Reply with quote

Sadly I haven't been able to watch many Buccaneers games due to attending school in Indiana but I was wondering how the Offensive Line is coming along. I'm curious because you hired Bob Bostad, who was the Wisconsin Badgers Offensive Line Coach and Running Game Coordinator. I was a huge fan of his and would have liked the Packers or Eagles to have picked him up. I was wondering how he's done as a coach and how the unit as a whole is coming together.

I know that Doug Martin has had some massive games recently and I was curious as to whether or not it was because of or despite good blocking and scheme design. The loss of Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph sounds significant because I know both of them are damn fine players, but the stats look good with 4.7 yards per carry and 129 yards per game, but I'm curious to hear observer's opinions. How's my boy doing??
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How is the Offensive Line looking? Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Sadly I haven't been able to watch many Buccaneers games due to attending school in Indiana but I was wondering how the Offensive Line is coming along. I'm curious because you hired Bob Bostad, who was the Wisconsin Badgers Offensive Line Coach and Running Game Coordinator. I was a huge fan of his and would have liked the Packers or Eagles to have picked him up. I was wondering how he's done as a coach and how the unit as a whole is coming together.

I know that Doug Martin has had some massive games recently and I was curious as to whether or not it was because of or despite good blocking and scheme design. The loss of Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph sounds significant because I know both of them are damn fine players, but the stats look good with 4.7 yards per carry and 129 yards per game, but I'm curious to hear observer's opinions. How's my boy doing??

With losing nicks and Joseph our line has been phenomenal. Jammon Merridith has been a steal in FA and really stepped up when he filled in. Very powerful blocker who's got quick feet. Dotson has been very good replacing Trueblood. Found out future RT.

Bostad was a great hire. He's responsible for developing very physical and successful oline man that currently playin the league today. No doubt his presence is a huge reason were opening up lanes and giving freeman time to hit the deep balls.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the league's leading yards from scrimmage producer without our 2 Pro-Bowl lineman.

I'd say he's done pretty well.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup outstanding job...Too bad assitant coaches aren't noticed more for their work, but at the same time would like him around for a couple years Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: