Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeCastro and the OG situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
treat88 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Theres no rush to change the line up. Theyve played fine.

Yep.

Let DD work up to speed and earn his time. If that comes in 2013...so be it.

The more interesting question is what happens when/if Gilbert is healthy?

Gilbert stays on the bench as a back up. If he starts instead of Adams at RT, then we know what happens - he falls on a teammate and the teammate is done for the year Embarassed

I actually agree. His balance issues would be a concern for me if I played next to him. I'd have one eye on the defender in front of me and I'd need another set on my back right side.

Adams has done much better. He needs to continue to work on his hands and not letting the defender get into him, keep that separation but control it. He has shown improvement and the frequency of the issue has gone down drastically with or without help. He'll be fine.

...you have a forum resume?
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Gilbert. Dude's 3/3 tearing up teammates.

I'm not as sure the coaching staff will see it that way. Even minus Arians, I see some damn stubborn tendencies.

IMO ya gotta roll with Adams as the RT. He's been better in all phases than Gilbert ever has. Especially as the game goes on.

Gilbert is great depth as a swing tackle.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
I agree about Gilbert. Dude's 3/3 tearing up teammates.

I'm not as sure the coaching staff will see it that way. Even minus Arians, I see some damn stubborn tendencies.

IMO ya gotta roll with Adams as the RT. He's been better in all phases than Gilbert ever has. Especially as the game goes on.

Gilbert is great depth as a swing tackle.

+1

Im very surprised Gilberts had the "success" he's had to this point.

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert is a lot like max starks. Its hard to not putting back gilbert in considering our passing protection may be slightly better but i'd keep Gilbert and DeCastro on bench this year.

Release Colon, welcome him back on similar contract we have with max starks and start Decastro there (I personally see the likely scene of us keeping ramon foster over colon due to flexbility of position and durability) so decastro should be able to start in either sides of guard.

My only real concern is what does the coaching staffs think? How do they feel? They sure felt more comfortable givng redman and mendenhall more carries even when dwyer's been our best back so there's a chance we will see gilbert and decastro back in lineups. Only way I can see coaching staffs changing something for future reference is keeping plaxico burress even with cotchery and a. Brown coming back later because fact being is that plaxico offer more to our offense than baron batch will.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Gilbert is a lot like max starks. Its hard to not putting back gilbert in considering our passing protection may be slightly better but i'd keep Gilbert and DeCastro on bench this year.

Release Colon, welcome him back on similar contract we have with max starks and start Decastro there (I personally see the likely scene of us keeping ramon foster over colon due to flexbility of position and durability) so decastro should be able to start in either sides of guard.

My only real concern is what does the coaching staffs think? How do they feel? They sure felt more comfortable givng redman and mendenhall more carries even when dwyer's been our best back so there's a chance we will see gilbert and decastro back in lineups. Only way I can see coaching staffs changing something for future reference is keeping plaxico burress even with cotchery and a. Brown coming back later because fact being is that plaxico offer more to our offense than baron batch will.

I don't understand why fans are so quick to disregard the stability W. Colon move to OG has done for the OL. W. Colon still has a bone head play, but the arrow is pointing up with him at OG. Yes from a salary cap point 5.5M for the next 2 years seems steep. But if W. Colon was any other player playing the position I think fans would be happy with that players play. I can't remember the OL looking this good in years and I still view Colon as a better option at OG at least next year over DeCastro. But you put another player with the capability to move next to a growing Adams. I believe the OL can be set for the next 3 yrs w/ Gilbert or Adams taking over for Starks in a few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: