Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh's Kick--How does the team respond?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Suh's Kick--How does the team respond? Reply with quote

There has been a lot of talk about if Suh intentionally tried to kick Matt Schaub in the groin. I found this video clip that has a view from behind the line of scrimmage:

http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/player/popup/si.html?mediaId=4b12b2b5acc84813b78a8c8334127cd4

Some people have said that he couldn't see Schaub but from looking at the way his head was tilted, I find that hard to believe. I think the initial contact was incidental but the secondary motion looked pretty deliberate. Also, after seeing the leg sweep he used on Cutler earlier this year, I think he is very capable of using his legs and feet to punish people.

If the team and the league feels it is intentional how should they respond? In my opinion, if the league doesn't respond the Lions should if the rules allow it. He embarrassed the organization last year on Thanksgiving. This is becoming almost as embarrassing. How can we become an elite team while we allow our best players to make huge mental/discipline mistakes at when we can least afford them?

I don't care how talented Suh happens to be, he deserves to be punished for this incident. I don't know how he is viewed in the locker room but he seems to have very little regard for how his actions affect the team. I have been a life-long Lions fan but as far as I am concerned he should see a hefty fine and be suspended for at least one game. A lot of people might dis agree with me on this but I am sick and tired of Our team being seen as one of the dumber/undisciplined teams in the league.
xjayex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh is a thug.
MotownMauler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Suh's Kick--How does the team respond? Reply with quote

In a meaningless season, I'd say discipline would be fine. Also, since I know Suh values stats quite a bit, anything to prevent him from reaching his optimal goal may affect him (for the better, I hope). That said, I don't know if the kick was intentional. The guy did play a phenomenal game yesterday though.
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it was intentional and neither do I think it can be proved.
coach4fu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he has an eye behind his ear, I don't see how he could have seen what was going on. He was being tackled himself (holding?) while spinning around. It looked to me his eyes were towards the turf.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:
Suh is a thug.
Yeah, he should be arrested for being such a thug. Off with his head I say...
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timing of this incident is really interesting considering Suh spent an extended portion of the last game on the bench. Maybe he was injured. Who knows.
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
I do not think it was intentional and neither do I think it can be proved.

This.
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did they "prove" Suh's foot stomp during last year's game was intentional? They don't have to "prove" it. They will look at the video and make a judgement call. Given Suh's reputation, I don't know how well that is going to work out for him or the team.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regular speed, there is no way it was intentional. In slow mo it looks like there is a slim chance it may be. Good thing we don't play football in slow mo though because than everything would look intentional. I don't think anything should be done by our team or the league.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this story on Suh's kick:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/23/report-suh-could-be-facing-a-one-game-suspension/

I would be OK with that.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
In regular speed, there is no way it was intentional. In slow mo it looks like there is a slim chance it may be. Good thing we don't play football in slow mo though because than everything would look intentional. I don't think anything should be done by our team or the league.

Exactly. Have seen people want him suspended rest of year to kicked out if league.

Haters gonna hate on him regardless

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are seriously grabbing for straws now... This is old. Rolling Eyes

Was it dirty in football terms, yeah? Did he prolly try to fall into Schuab as he rolled over the O-linemen, prolly, dirty, yeah so? Illegal no... I definately don't think he had planned to hit Schuab in the groin, if he did he has amazing athletic ability while rolling over and should consider cage fighting, etc.

I think he just ment to roll over and try to clip Schuab a little( Why wouldn't you? anything to change the throwing lane/angle) and happen to hit him in the groin the way he did. Dirty, yeah sure, but it's not really illegal and border-line penalty worthy let alone game suspension and stuff. Suh has been acting like an idiot quite a bit and I didn't like what he had to say to local press before the game.

Someone mention trading Suh this offseason while he's still worth something and I'm starting to not have a problem with that idea. I'm almost certain Ndamukong Suh will bolt for a major media outlet, since, basically his whole time here he's only ever reached out to major media/endorsments and doesn't reach out to local public or media. Will see though, I'm not totally on board since I still personally like Suh alot and think he'll be a boreder line game changer his whole career at DT. Those guys are pretty hard to find. Hopefully, hopefully he just matures up a bit, it'd be nice if he'd go to a presser or something and answer question and do it and a legit manner without making a fool of himself, unfortunately though I honestly don't think he's capable of conducting an interview right nwo without looking like a fool so it's best to just keep him under wraps.
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, the idea of trading Suh is appealing to me also. He is immensely talented but since his rookie season, he really hasn't continued to evolve or refine his game. I am starting to wonder how good he wants to be. He is starting to look like one of those enigmatic players that never really fulfill their potential because of what goes on in their head. Lets hope he doesn't become a coach-killer.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh didn't make Schwartz throw a chanllenge flag. Or kick a ball on 3rd down instead of first(which the lost two yards on the plays inbetween that). Or abandon the running game the last half of the fourth and OT quarters. Suh also didn't make Hanson miss.

Coaching is our problem fellas. Not our players, or all of them. We hang with most of the NFL but can't ever manage a game correctly for our players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: