Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thanksgiving questions.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team wins the most out of 10
1997 Broncos
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
1998 Broncos
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
2012 Broncos
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

broncostrings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Thanksgiving questions. Reply with quote

Who is the best player on our team? Von or Peyton? I am super thankful we have both.

Peyton plays the most important position....but is he better at playing qb than Von is at playing olb? Both are amazing but I thought it would be fun to see what you thought.

Next question. If this years team played either of the Superbowl teams 10 times. What would be the result.

I will post my thoughts after I see some of yours.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1997. Regardless of record, that was the best team we've ever had. They would've beaten the 98' team even though 19 of the 22 starters were the same.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncostrings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main differences with the 97 and 98 teams. 97 had Gary Zimmerman. In 97 Trevor Pryce was nothing as a rookie. In 98 he was very effective registering 8.5 sacks. I lean towards the 97 team.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Zimmerman, although in the HOF, is one of the most underrated OT of all time.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Gary Zimmerman, although in the HOF, is one of the most underrated OT of all time.
Tony Jones.

I went to the Philly game in 98 and I'd say the 98 team was better even with Elway missing sometime. We were a fluke TD by Amani Toomer thrown by Kent Graham from going undefeated(we lost the next week in a clear down game after losing in the last minute to NYG).

I'd rank the teams

2005- Sandy Clough loves to discredit this team as much as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving questions. Reply with quote

broncostrings wrote:
Who is the best player on our team? Von or Peyton? I am super thankful we have both.

Best player? Von.

Most important/most valuable player? Peyton. You cannot place enough value on having an elite QB.

broncostrings wrote:
Peyton plays the most important position....but is he better at playing qb than Von is at playing olb? Both are amazing but I thought it would be fun to see what you thought.

No, Von is playing SLB at a higher level than Peyton is playing QB. And that's saying something because Peyton has been playing amazing.

broncostrings wrote:
Next question. If this years team played either of the Superbowl teams 10 times. What would be the result.

The 1998 team was the best single season team this franchise has ever fielded.

broncostrings wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here!

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with the '98 team. They could have very well have gone undefeated if they wanted to. I think the Giants game and the Dolphins game it seemed like they took those games off. For whatever reason, maybe it was their experience from '96 when they won the division a month before the playoffs and rested their players and lost some momentum going into the Jaguars game, but it just seemed like the '98 became THE dominant team of the league. Granted, who knows what would have happened had the Broncos had to play the Vikings in the Super Bowl instead of the Falcons, but I would have guessed that would have been one of the more evenly matched Super Bowls ever. Nevertheless, in comparison to the '97 team, they were still discovering how good they would be. Granted they played great during the '96 season, but that loss to the Jaguars could have demoralized a team, so kudos to Shanahan and et al for keeping it together to follow that loss in a Super Bowl win. But, that Super Bowl led to a different kind of swagger for the '98 team that expected to win the Super Bowl instead of just being there. The one thing the '97 Super Bowl had over '98 team was a great amount of excited. I mean, when the last pass of the Super Bowl fell short and the Broncos won, I wept.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hard to talk about "best Bronco teams" without going old school to 1977.

1st time ever in the playoffs and went all the way to the SB. Best defensive team we've ever had.

Only real hiccup was 8 TO's in the SB against the Cowboys, perennial contenders and arguably the best NFC franchise of the 70's. Even then, we were in it until the 4th, and lost 27-10.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I mean, when the last pass of the Super Bowl fell short and the Broncos won, I wept.

Yeah.....I know, right?

When John Mobley knocked down that Favre pass on 4th & 6 and we won, I can still hear Dave Logan saying, "Ohhhh baby the Broncos are going to win this thing!" When I grew up we put Logan and Hastings on the radio and watched the TV broadcast on mute.

That game, especially the final few seconds, still makes me tear up a little bit.
There are two sports moments that get me that emotional, the other being seeing Todd Helton make the final out in NLCS game 4 in 2007.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

I wasnt around till that time so I really cant speak to highly of that team. Still, that team is a very memorable one for Broncos history I just wish i saw them in person.

I went with '98. In my opinion that team was better than '97. This was in the fountain of my youth and when I really started to like the Broncos. I was a huge John Elway fan and the coolest kid in school because of the '97 and '98 seasons. But in my opinion, 98' Super Bowl team had more pressure and lived up to it. Its always harder to repeat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

1st time ever in the playoffs and went all the way to the SB. Best defensive team we've ever had.

Only real hiccup was 8 TO's in the SB against the Cowboys, perennial contenders and arguably the best NFC franchise of the 70's. Even then, we were in it until the 4th, and lost 27-10.
I'd rank them above the 2005 squad probably.

We really choked in 2005, beat the Pats, had the Colts upset and the Seahawks were very beatable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always hard to compare era's. That said, talent wise they were IMO the best team we've ever had. Very hard to duplicate rosters like that in the FA era.

Same could be said of quite a few teams of that time. No way could you hold together the kind of roster teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Cowboy's ..... et al under modern FA and the salary cap.

Personally, I kind of miss the dynasties.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
It's always hard to compare era's. That said, talent wise they were IMO the best team we've ever had. Very hard to duplicate rosters like that in the FA era.

Same could be said of quite a few teams of that time. No way could you hold together the kind of roster teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Cowboy's ..... et al under modern FA and the salary cap.

They were without a doubt our most talented pre-FA team but 98 takes most talented overall.

1998 squad had talent and depth at every position including one of my favorite players Darrien Gordon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

They were without a doubt our most talented pre-FA team but 98 takes most talented overall.

1998 squad had talent and depth at every position including one of my favorite players Darrien Gordon.

On the offensive side of the ball I'll agree with you although I'd say the 97 team was better, due solely to the OL.

On the "D" side the 77 team was the best we've ever had with stars at every level.
Mile High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 because in 10+ years the NFL has changed to be bigger, faster, more athletic.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: