Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Steelers Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7449
Location: The playoffs start now, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I don't know about the rest of the nation, but where I live in Maryland there is an epidemic of strep throat/ nasty colds going around that is hitting everybody in sight.


When I was in high school I use to get strept throat at least once every year. Not fun.

Maybe the Ravens can catch it. Twisted Evil
_________________


^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 7007
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from an Italian family so every year my Dad made an Italian dish and my sister made all the traditional food. I keep his tradition going.

This year I'm making Manicotti covered with a meat sauce and garlic cheese bread.

We spend Thanksgiving with my wife's family and I brought this tradition there around 6 years ago. They look forward to what I'm making every year.

Does anyone have any different traditions on Thanksgiving?
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7449
Location: The playoffs start now, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I'm from an Italian family so every year my Dad made an Italian dish and my sister made all the traditional food. I keep his tradition going.

This year I'm making Manicotti covered with a meat sauce and garlic cheese bread.

We spend Thanksgiving with my wife's family and I brought this tradition there around 6 years ago. They look forward to what I'm making every year.

Does anyone have any different traditions on Thanksgiving?


Paisan. Cool

That sounds delcious.

We use to have Thanksgiving at my grandparents house when they were still alive. Since they passed away everyone pretty much have done their own thing. However, two weekends ago my cousins had an early Thanksgiving since on Thursday they will be at their in-laws. Anyway I dressed up as Santa to surpise the kids. It was a nice time with good food.
_________________


^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SouthwestSteel


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1309
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Thanksgiving, I have 3 traditions surrounding that day.

One, I always make sure I get at least a bit of time alone to reflect on all things I am thankful for over the year. Last year I was able to go hiking to the top of an eagle butte, where you can see for miles around and remember the bigger picture, i.e., life from the Eye of the Eagle.

Secondly, I always have some kind of game meat in addition to turkey. Last year I was able to have some pronghorn antelope. This year there are 3 ducks defrosting in the fridge.

And finally, to effectively utilize all that wonderful food and protein, for 22 Thanksgiving Days in a row now I will be working out tomorrow on the olympic rings and with a dumbell, before the big meal of course. That way the food will taste even better and it will contribute directly towards the rebuilding of my body.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11248
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Regarding Thanksgiving, I have 3 traditions surrounding that day.

One, I always make sure I get at least a bit of time alone to reflect on all things I am thankful for over the year. Last year I was able to go hiking to the top of an eagle butte, where you can see for miles around and remember the bigger picture, i.e., life from the Eye of the Eagle.

Secondly, I always have some kind of game meat in addition to turkey. Last year I was able to have some pronghorn antelope. This year there are 3 ducks defrosting in the fridge.

And finally, to effectively utilize all that wonderful food and protein, for 22 Thanksgiving Days in a row now I will be working out tomorrow on the olympic rings and with a dumbell, before the big meal of course. That way the food will taste even better and it will contribute directly towards the rebuilding of my body.


My family's tradition is to use those styrofoam sectioned trays for leftovers. Fill up a tray, take another to use as the lid. Tape close and put your name on it (if you live with other people). Repeat 3-4 times.

It's great because nobody has to heat up the whole dinner for leftovers. There are hardly any plates to clean up. And you just eat when you want to. No fuss of asking everybody when they want to eat. Get hungry? Grab a tray. Nuke it. Ta Da!
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25197
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I'm from an Italian family so every year my Dad made an Italian dish and my sister made all the traditional food. I keep his tradition going.

This year I'm making Manicotti covered with a meat sauce and garlic cheese bread.

We spend Thanksgiving with my wife's family and I brought this tradition there around 6 years ago. They look forward to what I'm making every year.

Does anyone have any different traditions on Thanksgiving?


My mother is full Italian and when my grandmother was still alive we always.had an Italian dish to go along with our Thanksgiving dinner. Great memories!
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 7007
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into Lawrence Timmons at a restaurant on the north side today. He is a cool person. Very polite.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
waffles7


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 4005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I ran into Lawrence Timmons at a restaurant on the north side today. He is a cool person. Very polite.


You run into him all the time, Im jealous! Crying or Very sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11248
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's hear it:

All Steelers related Christmas gifts are to be reported pronto!

Me:

Steelers jester hat.

Aaron Smith jersey.

Bettis Jersey.

And most important of all- My niece gave my 8 year old daughter (a Steelers fan like her dad) her old Ward jersey. So my daughter has now officially been brought into Steelers nation.

I'm so proud. *wipes away tear*
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25197
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get much Steelers stuff this year like usual...

All I got was a window thing and real nice bottle opener!

But I did get a pirates hat... pirates shirt with Clemente #21 on the back. Also a real nice penguins glass.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7449
Location: The playoffs start now, PA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Steeler blanket and scarf. Smile
_________________


^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neumatic


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 8173
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get much of anything, let alone any Steelers stuff. Laughing
_________________

Jamison. on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greg_Jennings


Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 22835
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo mafia players. Come join us for Game of Thrones Mafia 2.0!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508814
_________________

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25197
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Jared Allen went down to the ground with his sack celebration....

Where was the flag for that?

His coach should be fired for lack of disclipine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Unexcusable!!!!!!!!


Smile
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11248
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
OMG Jared Allen went down to the ground with his sack celebration....

Where was the flag for that?

His coach should be fired for lack of disclipine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Unexcusable!!!!!!!!


Smile


I blame Haley.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 98 of 102

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group