Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 Year Rebuilding plan!!! by philaphan018
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsryan24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: 2 Year Rebuilding plan!!! by philaphan018 Reply with quote

we're going to be starting over, plain and simple.. new coaching staff and all..bring in a vet QB to compete with Foles, If Foles can't win the job obviously he isn't the answer. which will focus everything to 2014 for drafting a QB...despite what people think bringing in a 3-4 D CAN HAPPEN.. Cullen Jenkins used to play ina 3-4, Cox could easily be moved to DE in a 3-4..signing someone like Terrence Knighton would give us that stud in the middle.. the only problem may be the linebackers, but i think guys like Curry and Graham could easily be like Woodley and Harrison in PIT.. Graham was projected by most to be a 3-4 LB out of college anyways.. i really think this all can happen with making the right decisions

FIRE- Andy Reid and all coaching staff, Howie Roseman,

HIRE- David Shaw(HC) Norv Turner (OC) Derek Mason (DC)....Marc Ross (General Manager)

PLAYERS GONE- Mike Vick, Demetress Bell, Dion Lewis, Trent Cole(traded to ATL for 3rd round pick),Jeremy Maclin(traded to MIA for 2nd round pick), Mike Patterson, Nnamdi Asomugha, DeMeco Ryans (traded to TEN for 4th round pick), Curtis Marsh

RESIGNED- Rodgers-Cromartie, Dorenbos, Dunlap, Evan Mathis(restructured), Mat McBriar,

FREE AGENTS- Dwayne Bowe 4 years 35 million, Jason Campbell 1 year 3 million, Terrance Knighton 5 years 40 million,

DRAFT- 2013
1) Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M- staple OT for years to come, a no brainer if he's available in my opinion-
1) Barrett Jones OT/G/C Alabama(traded 2nd round pick in 2013 and 4th round in 2014 to MIN for 25th overall pick)- key to the draft early is rebuilding the o line so they're to be reckoned with again, if peters can't stay healthy Jones or Herremans can move to RT and Joeckel can slide to LT.
2) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State- rebuilding the secondary is another key to this draft, starting with Poyer.
3) Robert Lester S Alabama- Kurt Coleman finally replaced, great value considering the depth at saftey in this draft.
3) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State- Ryans has proved he can't play in a 3-4 so they need another MLB, PSU Lb's have proven to be great in 3-4 D
4) Michael Mauti LB Penn State- incase things don't work out with Kendricks in a 3-4, Mauti is just more depth and adds great leadership as well.
4) Trevardo Williams DE/LB UConn- a fastball player that may be available at this point and would be perfect for this 3-4 D.
5) Damion Square DE/DT Alabama- more rebuilding the D here, a 3-4 DE that will provide great run support.
6) Mister Cobble NT Kentucky- a great big NT that will be behind Knighton.
7) Willie Jefferson DE/LB Stephen F Austin- another fast ball has had double digit sacks throught his career.

DEPTH CHART 2013

QB- Foles, Campbell, Edwards
RB- McCoy, Brown, Polk
FB- Havilli
WR- Jackson, Bowe, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor
LT- Joeckel, Dunlap
LG- Herremans, Mathis
C- Kelce, Jones, Reynolds
RG- Jones, Watkins
RT- Peters, Kelly

3-4 Defense

LE Cox, Thornton
NT- Knighton, Cobble
RE- Jenkins, Square
LOLB- Graham, Tapp, Williams
MLB- Kendricks, Hodges, Mauti, Matthews
ROLB- Curry, Hunt, Jefferson
CB- Rodgers-Cromartie, Poyer, Boykin, Hughes
FS- Allen, Sims
SS- Lester, Coleman

K- Henery
P- McBriar
KR- Boykin
PR- Johnson

CAPTAINS- McCoy(offense) Jenkins(defense) Coleman(special Teams)

DRAFT 2014-
1) Aaron Murray QB Georgia- if the Foles era doesn't work out and were at the top of the draft in 2014 i think Aaron Murray will be the guy.. despite only being 6'1 i think he has a Drew Brees esque style of play written all over him..
2) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia- comes in and takes over as Kendricks probably won't be the answer at MLB in a 3-4.
3) Shariff Floyd DE Florida- provides young depth along the Dline to replace Jenkins eventually..
3) Nickell Robey CB USC- provides more depth at CB and competition at "Nickell" with Boykin
4) Zach Ertz TE Stanford- one of Shaw's guys from Stanford comes in to back up Celek or give him competition possibly..
5)David Bakhitari OT Colorado- provides depth along the offensive line
6)-Garrett Porter C Texas- more depth behind Kelce
7)Ryne Giddens LB USF- i think Graham and Curry will work out as 3-4 LBs so depth behind them only helps now.

Mychal Kendricks traded to ATL for 3rd round pick

CUT- Darryl Tapp, Dallas Reynolds, Danny Watkins

DEPTH CHART 2014

QB- Murray, Foles
RB- McCoy, Brown, Polk
FB- Havilli
WR- Jackson, Bowe, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Ertz
LT-Joeckel, Dunlap
LG- Herremans, Mathis
C- Kelce, Porter
RG- Jones, Kelly
RT- Peters, Bakhitari

3-4 Defense

LE Cox, Square Thornton
NT- Knighton, Cobble
RE- Jenkins, Floyd
LOLB- Graham,Williams, Giddens
MLB- Ogletree, Hodges, Mauti, Matthews
ROLB- Curry, Hunt, Jefferson
CB- Rodgers-Cromartie, Poyer, Boykin, Robey,Hughes
FS- Allen, Sims
SS- Lester, Coleman

K- Henery
P- McBriar
KR- Boykin
PR- Johnson

CAPTAINS- McCoy(offense) Jenkins(defense) Coleman(special Teams)
[/b]

Last edited by dsryan24 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much trading.

Howie won't get fired.

2nd for Maclin, 3rd is fair.

Bowe and Knighton got too much $$$

Not a fan. Too much change, and while we need changes, we don't need to turn the entire roster over.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
dsryan24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Too much trading.

Howie won't get fired.

Not a fan. Too much change, and while we need changes, we don't need to turn the entire roster over.

what would you suggest then? theres only a couple of free agent signings and a couple of trades that i think could easily be made
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent, Maclin & DeMeco.

How often do 3 players get traded from 1 team in one off season? (It's a legit question, I would assume not very often).

And Kendricks the year later.

I'm just not a huge fan of this. But I also feel we're much more talented than our team is playing right now.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Too much trading.

Howie won't get fired.

what would you suggest then? theres only a couple of free agent signings and a couple of trades that i think could easily be made

it really just looks like a Frankenstein team on defense. you have players that could fit in those spots but you wouldnt really want to have in those spots.

but mock drafts for this season are kind of a stretch right now. a lot of players drop and rise from now until the draft....doing it two years worth is just really hard to judge.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
dsryan24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyre called mocks for a reason...some guys you don't know how they're going to turn out, but i truly think this could really work out.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
theyre called mocks for a reason...some guys you don't know how they're going to turn out, but i truly think this could really work out.

I like you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Trent, Maclin & DeMeco.

How often do 3 players get traded from 1 team in one off season? (It's a legit question, I would assume not very often).

And Kendricks the year later.

I'm just not a huge fan of this. But I also feel we're much more talented than our team is playing right now.
when it comes to draft time anything can happen really.. especially if a team is rebuilding, if the offer is on the table the other team could always take it, it may not happen often butttt it can happen!
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:

there are just question marks on defense

cox, jenkins, graham, curry all have to be able to to change into a 3-4 defense. hodges coming and being able to really step up and play right off the back. then the trades are kinda of silly. trading away the new leader of the defense. maclin for a 2nd would be a hard sell.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a believer that Graham or Curry can be a 34 OLBs...especially on the field at the same time.

Now if your in nickel and they're rushing from a 2pt stance like DEs sure. I'm thinking base D 34 no, teams would stay in base personnel and make those guys cover in space all day.

We just got Graham healthy and now we want to take him out what he does best to cover TEs and RBs?

We haven't even seen Curry to say he's a 34 guy

I don't agree Cole is worth a 3rd (30yr DE who most likely is on the decline) or Maclin a 2nd (contract yr) and RCB is correct in the same offseason?

Why keep Queen Dungcrap? Or Jenkins?

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
dsryan24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:

there are just question marks on defense

cox, jenkins, graham, curry all have to be able to to change into a 3-4 defense. hodges coming and being able to really step up and play right off the back. then the trades are kinda of silly. trading away the new leader of the defense. maclin for a 2nd would be a hard sell.

well jenkins was a 3-4 DE with GB and excelled. Cox has the almost the same exact skillset as Jenkins so he could probably fit just as well.. graham and curry were projected by many to be 3-4 OLB's goin into the pros as it was, so now they might be better then they already are! i think hodges is navorro bowman all over again, will get passed up for stupid stuff but will wind up being a star in this league. ryans isn't a 3-4 MLB it didn't work for him in HOU so idk why it would work here.
dsryan24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I'm not a believer that Graham or Curry can be a 34 OLBs...especially on the field at the same time.

Now if your in nickel and they're rushing from a 2pt stance like DEs sure. I'm thinking base D 34 no, teams would stay in base personnel and make those guys cover in space all day.

We just got Graham healthy and now we want to take him out what he does best to cover TEs and RBs?

We haven't even seen Curry to say he's a 34 guy

I don't agree Cole is worth a 3rd (30yr DE who most likely is on the decline) or Maclin a 2nd (contract yr) and RCB is correct in the same offseason?

Why keep Queen Dungcrap? Or Jenkins?
i don't think your understanding what im saying.. we haven't tried this stuff out so you don't know if it's going to work or not.. what is the better alternative honestly? keep loads of old washed up players salary? i think a 3-4 would wind up being better with this personell drafted and the current young personel we have

Last edited by dsryan24 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you fired Howie gets an A* from me.

Aaron Murray won't be a first round pick though

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell no to campbells chicken soup
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Murray oh god no.....

My biggest issue with many of these mocks that have us switching to a 3-4 is why should we do it?

We are capable of fielding a decent 4-3 defense there is really no reason to take players out of position and put them in this different system. I just don't see any benefit in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: